Sample Society March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  April Photo--Everyone will receive

1966865_665285930173684_1407556803_n.jpg

A candle?!?! I hate when beauty subs send candles. Re-cancelling.

I have to vent about Sample Society: 

My box came with the tanning tube, it was EMPTY! Everything was super tiny and the hair pins looked like they were from the 90's.

I promptly cancelled, for $16 I was so upset I received this, IMO 'joke box'. After reading that you guys had some of the same issues I emailed Sample Society about it and you know what they offered me?! $5 off my next purchase on beautybar.com! Wow, $5! I have to spend at least $10 plus shipping to even get anything off their website and I don't feel like spending more because I received an EMPTY product.

So yeah, lesson learned. If you're going to complain to a sub box customer service about the items you received or DIDN'T receive, don't cancel first or they won't lift a finger helping you or keeping you as a customer!

Never had a problem with any other sub company, especially Birchbox, when my oil broke in my box last month, they sent a new box immediately. And that's only $10 a month. 

Sorry for the rant guys, I know some of you love Sample Society, it just isn't for me after this!

Edit: Not to mention this was my first box with them, what an impression!

Quote: Originally Posted by hazeleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have to vent about Sample Society: 

My box came with the tanning tube, it was EMPTY! Everything was super tiny and the hair pins looked like they were from the 90's.

I promptly cancelled, for $16 I was so upset I received this, IMO 'joke box'. After reading that you guys had some of the same issues I emailed Sample Society about it and you know what they offered me?! $5 off my next purchase on beautybar.com! Wow, $5! I have to spend at least $10 plus shipping to even get anything off their website and I don't feel like spending more because I received an EMPTY product.

So yeah, lesson learned. If you're going to complain to a sub box customer service about the items you received or DIDN'T receive, don't cancel first or they won't lift a finger helping you or keeping you as a customer!

Never had a problem with any other sub company, especially Birchbox, when my oil broke in my box last month, they sent a new box immediately. And that's only $10 a month. 

Sorry for the rant guys, I know some of you love Sample Society, it just isn't for me after this!

Edit: Not to mention this was my first box with them, what an impression!

Ugh, sorry you had that experience. I've had good experiences with their customer service, but my box this month kind of sucked, and if it were my first I'd be considering cancellation too.

Back