Sample Society March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jenn2u /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  anyone know what is in Kit B?

Alterna CC Cream-SS

Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray-1.5oz, SS

Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment SS 2014

MD SolarSciences SPF 30 Mineral Tinted Creme Mini

DDF Amplifying Elixir Deluxe Sample

I'm getting Kit E as well. 

Alterna CC Cream-SS

B. Kamins Vegetable Cleanser SS

Diptyque Volutes Eau de Toilette Deluxe Sample

Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample

Jane Tran Hair Accessory Assortment SS 2014

I don't use self tanner, but I do like Jane Iredale. I was bummed to read I was getting a perfume sample...but Diptyque! One of my favorite perfume houses ever!

What's up with Alterna? I'm receiving one sample in my March box, had two Alterna samples in February, and two Alterna samples in December. As there are only five samples per box, I think this is a little excessive. I'd love to see some more brand variation.

I think the Jane Tran accessories are cute, but I'm not sure I'll wear them. Interested to try the B. Kamins.

Really happy about the Diptyque, though!

This is my first month subscribing so I was wondering, do people ever get things that were in previous kits? Like if I'm getting Kit I this month, will I possibly get something that was in Kit A in a later month?

This is my first month subscribing so I was wondering, do people ever get things that were in previous kits? Like if I'm getting Kit I this month, will I possibly get something that was in Kit A in a later month?
I don't know. When I started I got kit E and the next month A and now back to E again???? Who knows. I got the same things others got just in a different pattern. Hope your having a wonderful Sunday my friend. Box going out tomorrow!!!! : )

I got my box:

The hair pins are really cute.  

I have high hopes for the bb cream because it's "Super magic" haha

With all my coola from my birchboxes I'm way overloaded on tinted spf creams, good thing summer is coming!  

The alterna is going up for trade, smells nice and I like the bottle but I have no use for heavy creams on my thin hair.

I'll give the self tanner a shot, I didn't get one in my ipsy bag this month so I'll try it out on my legs.  

I got my box:
LL
The hair pins are really cute.   I have high hopes for the bb cream because it's "Super magic" haha With all my coola from my birchboxes I'm way overloaded on tinted spf creams, good thing summer is coming!   The alterna is going up for trade, smells nice and I like the bottle but I have no use for heavy creams on my thin hair. I'll give the self tanner a shot, I didn't get one in my ipsy bag this month so I'll try it out on my legs.   The blue hairpin looks like it could go with the Popsugar box scarf some people received this month! Very pretty!, like them and hope I get them,

A little disappointed in yet another Alterna product, and this one with a deceptive name! I was hoping that with a name like CC Cream that maybe they were branching into face products. No such luck, this is another "smooth and shine" hair treatment that may end up too heavy for my fine curly hair (I find that almost all Alterna samples out there seem geared toward straight hair and flat-iron users.) I am hoping that the $15 code can be used on a product I didn't get, specifically Jane Iredale. I like a lot of her stuff and would love an opportunity to get a little break. Nothing I received (Alterna, Jane Tran, Oscar Blandi, Bliss hand cream and that tiny tinted moisturizer) wowed me enough to use the code, except possibly Bliss.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box:

The hair pins are really cute.  

I have high hopes for the bb cream because it's "Super magic" haha

With all my coola from my birchboxes I'm way overloaded on tinted spf creams, good thing summer is coming!  

The alterna is going up for trade, smells nice and I like the bottle but I have no use for heavy creams on my thin hair.

I'll give the self tanner a shot, I didn't get one in my ipsy bag this month so I'll try it out on my legs.  

I got the same stuff except instead of the BB Cream I got Ahava Purifying Mud Mask, which I've had before and it's just so-so.  I do like the pins, I just wish I had two matching ones lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A little disappointed in yet another Alterna product, and this one with a deceptive name! I was hoping that with a name like CC Cream that maybe they were branching into face products. No such luck, this is another "smooth and shine" hair treatment that may end up too heavy for my fine curly hair (I find that almost all Alterna samples out there seem geared toward straight hair and flat-iron users.)

I am hoping that the $15 code can be used on a product I didn't get, specifically Jane Iredale. I like a lot of her stuff and would love an opportunity to get a little break. Nothing I received (Alterna, Jane Tran, Oscar Blandi, Bliss hand cream and that tiny tinted moisturizer) wowed me enough to use the code, except possibly Bliss.
I'm still new to using the codes, but I think you can only use it towards the items you got in your box, not all the brands that were sent out that month.. hopefully someone will know if I'm wrong! 

Quote: Originally Posted by devadorned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My pins are not so cute  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can use the CC cream, cleanser &serum though.
But your kitten picture is super adorable!!!! 
wub.gif
 (Whoops, the dogs just came into the room and caught me typing that!)

Quote: Originally Posted by devadorned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My pins are not so cute  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can use the CC cream, cleanser &serum though.
Ohh that is too bad but I'm sure they are someone's style if you put them up for swapping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hehe cute kitties make everything ok :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Speaking of animal print, I don't mind it enough to put up with the fuss of trading but I am excited for other parts of this box like the suki :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A little disappointed in yet another Alterna product, and this one with a deceptive name! I was hoping that with a name like CC Cream that maybe they were branching into face products. No such luck, this is another "smooth and shine" hair treatment that may end up too heavy for my fine curly hair (I find that almost all Alterna samples out there seem geared toward straight hair and flat-iron users.) I am hoping that the $15 code can be used on a product I didn't get, specifically Jane Iredale. I like a lot of her stuff and would love an opportunity to get a little break. Nothing I received (Alterna, Jane Tran, Oscar Blandi, Bliss hand cream and that tiny tinted moisturizer) wowed me enough to use the code, except possibly Bliss.
I'm still new to using the codes, but I think you can only use it towards the items you got in your box, not all the brands that were sent out that month.. hopefully someone will know if I'm wrong! 
It's been a while since I used the code, but the last time I used it, it was on any product from one of the brands in the box that month and it just had to contain one item from that brand. So for example, there was some random Philosophy sample so I got a different $20 philosophy product and then $30+ of other brands and still was able to use the code.

I won't use the hairpins anyway, but Laurenv78 mentioned that it would be better if we got two matching ones. That's a really good point and just so true. If I did ever use that sort of item in my hair, I'd use two and want them to be identical. That really is the only part of this box that's a fail for me.

Was supposed to get my box today, but since I'm on the 3rd floor of a 3-decker, most UPS guys are too lazy to come up the stairs and knock on my door. I saw a note on the first floor door saying they "attempted delivery" which is bull, considering I've been home all day.

Hopefully they'll "attempt" at some point tomorrow when I'm actually home or I'm going to be annoyed! lol

Do you guys think Sample Society takes our reviews into account when deciding what box to send? I'm thinking no....but just wondering if there's any way to give feedback on what we did and didn't like in a way that will be taken into account for future boxes?

Pretty disappointed with my first Sample Society box, I have to say.

This is the box I received:

Which is all fine and good, although literally nothing in this entire box interests me in the slightest. I will use the Ahava and I'll probably try the CC cream. I was excited for the Jane Tran until I saw the camo. Uh...no thanks. I'll use the bobby pin at least, lol.

My main issue was that My Ahava was covered in some weird white dust and the front had some weird maroon stain on it (you can even see it a bit still in the picture) The Jane Iredale tanner was all gooped in the cap when I unscrewed it, and the tinted sunscreen bottle was practically EMPTY lol. I completely squeezed it flat and still nothing came out. They specify on their site that each sample will have MORE than one use, and this clearly does not have that.

I e-mailed customer service at 2am (it's 4:30am now...I'm a night owl lol) and someone already responded to my e-mail!

She apologized left and right and sympathized with me greatly and no questions, no photos/returns needed, she's sending me a replacement box.

While this was kind of a bummer of a box for me, I am so incredibly impressed with their customer service that I intend on continuing my subscription for a bit.

Just felt like sharing with you all, but I'm sure many of you must know already how great their customer service is. Color me impressed!

Back