Sample Society March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's OK if they don't do makeup, I don't need to be told that. I've been with them long enough to know they don't. I am just stating that I would like makeup more that hair care! Skin care would be better than hair care, but I get all three. I do get some makeup, lots of skin care and more than enough hair stuff to make my hair stand on end. I was trying to joke a little if that's OK??? What ever I get I'll deal or give away. No big deal!

Haaaaaa!!!! Now I know something else I can send you. I am overwhelmed with volumizing stuff!!!! And they keep sending out more!!! LOL Rachel! stuff is coming your way!!!!
haha at this rate you'll be sending me a box the size of a microwave! LOL

And yea, while they don't do much makeup, the makeup that they DO send from what I've noticed is really nice brands that I enjoy, so I agree that it would be awesome to get more cosmetics from them. I know they've sent a ton of Butter London and you're all probably sick of it by now, but I would like a box FULL of Butter London! haha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They're my favorite polish brand by far.

And yea, while they don't do much makeup, the makeup that they DO send from what I've noticed is really nice brands that I enjoy, so I agree that it would be awesome to get more cosmetics from them. I know they've sent a ton of Butter London and you're all probably sick of it by now, but I would like a box FULL of Butter London! haha :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They're my favorite polish brand by far.
Yeah, I have gotten almost all the BLs I have ever had from Sample Society. I wasn't thinking of nail polish as makeup.. I was thinking more of like eye and face products. I have also gotten lots of great lippies from SS. At one time I had cancelled SS because I kept getting skincare and I was like blah. But then I realized once I used it all up that I had been using high-end skincare for months and didn't want to pay full price for it, and if I kept up my SS sub, I would never have to. Ha!

Rachel, I love, love, love Butter London and they can send it all my way! Just line the box with it for all I car. Love their a nail polishes and would love to try all their other products too!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1958132_656692004366410_808266098_n.png

So far two hair products. I am usually not a fan of hair products but I absolutely and desperately need volumizing items because I have the thinnest hair EVER, and I love hair clips (sometimes boring but I can always use them or gift them!) so I'm pretty happy so far!

I am not excited about the second spoiler. I still have the BB ones, and the flower ones Julep sent out last May. I should probably just add them all to my trade list. I swore at one point I was going to be cute and wear them, but I never ever do lol

I was not excited by either of the spoilers last month, and then I ended up liking three of the other products a whole lot (I only had one of the two spoiler items in my box)!

I have very fine, thin hair and I really liked the Alterna Bamboo 48 Hour Volumizer we got in last months box.  It works amazingly well!

That said, it will take me ages to use up the sample bottle. 

I am a little surprised that theyre sending out another type of volumizer after sending TWO last month.  This will probably go up for trade just because I'm so happy with what I already got.

Actually, since it does say only *some* subscribers will get it, maybe that means those of us who received the two Alterna hair products last time won't get it...  I don't know how much attention they pay to that kind of thing, though.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1958132_656692004366410_808266098_n.png

So far two hair products. I am usually not a fan of hair products but I absolutely and desperately need volumizing items because I have the thinnest hair EVER, and I love hair clips (sometimes boring but I can always use them or gift them!) so I'm pretty happy so far!

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Updates!
 Didn't we already - all of us! - get those hair products a few months back :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm getting Kit J.

Looks like they are shipping this Friday, I should have mine next Monday same day Birchbox and Ipsy should tell us what we're getting.  I've never looked forward to a Monday unless it's got this kind of action. 

Kit C here, like last month, and I hope the contents will be just as awesome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I recently re-subbed to this after eight months away. I'll be thrilled to get the volumizing spray, but I will NOT be happy at all to get those hair clips - REALLY not my style. My account info doesn't say which kit I'm getting yet.

I am getting kit K, and had to call to see what is in it.  Here is the info. I got :

- Alterna Cream (he didn't say anything beyond that.  I hope it's not the same one I got last month.)
- Jane Iredale self tanner
- Jane Tran Hair accessories
- MD Solar Science Evening Repair Serum
- Suki Foaming Cleanser

Quote: Originally Posted by Carcolery /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting kit K, and had to call to see what is in it.  Here is the info. I got :

- Alterna Cream (he didn't say anything beyond that.  I hope it's not the same one I got last month.)
- Jane Iredale self tanner
- Jane Tran Hair accessories
- MD Solar Science Evening Repair Serum
- Suki Foaming Cleanser
Ahh I love that last product, I really hope Kit C has it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back