Sample Society May 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to be getting kit "D", everything looks great!  I am nervous to try the Juice Beauty due to the earlier comments but it will be the first Juice Beauty product that I've ever received!

My Kit B just updated! It also says it's supposed to arrive today, which would be a week earlier than last month, if it's right! Here's what it's going to have:

• bou-051_small2a.jpg
  • Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel-SS

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »

Oops, Im sorry I forgot to put a "Spoiler" tab on that one. (How do you add that into a post?)

The prices per ounce on these products are kind of crazy! They'll be fun to try, but totally out of my price range to purchase (the freeze 24-7 is $115 for half an ounce!)

Oops, Im sorry I forgot to put a "Spoiler" tab on that one. (How do you add that into a post?)

The prices per ounce on these products are kind of crazy! They'll be fun to try, but totally out of my price range to purchase (the freeze 24-7 is $115 for half an ounce!)
please be sure to post about what you think of the "Freeze" product. I have seen several articles about their products and am quite intrigued by them!

I just got shipping and it says it will be delivered tomorrow!  Love that!  Kit D...of the two kits I've seen, I think I like mine better so far!

I just got my shipping notice and my dashboard has been updated.  Kit E.  Meh. . . I went ahead and cancelled as this was the "make it or break it" month for me.  The brands are so repetitive (I've had Murad and Dermalogica in almost every box) and I prefer to have at least one makeup item in my box.   The quality of the samples is always high though, but mostly focused on skin care.  

I think I'm going to sit this month out. I don't really like to have all of the skincare products and would prefer if they offered some newer brands.

Kit B here and another Ouidad product. This will be on my trade list. I used a different Freeze eye product and it worked well on my puffiness and seemed to lift and tighten the eye area a bit.

Well, I finally cancelled. It's probably just sample overload but nothing is really wowing me and I have a ton of stuff to use up. I did discover some great products with this service so it served its purpose in that regard. I may be back someday. One minor quibble - too many repeat brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally cancelled. It's probably just sample overload but nothing is really wowing me and I have a ton of stuff to use up. I did discover some great products with this service so it served its purpose in that regard. I may be back someday. One minor quibble - too many repeat brands.
The one problem I had when I cancelled was when I resubscribed, I had a few duplicates and they said it was because I cancelled. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I'm afraid to cancel again but wish we could get more hair/makeup products.

I received my box and I like it but don't love it. The Murad sample size is very small.

Box B is kind of "meh" for me right now--this will be the second of the same Ouidad product in a sub box in three months! I'm not ready to cancel yet, but I'm not ready to run out and use my monthly coupon code either.

I got my box how the hell do I post a dang picture?

Oh for pete's sake, now the picture is gigantic AND sideways. This new site blows.

photo (16).JPG

This is what's left of the flash facial after you squeeze all the air out of the tube.

oh wow..... that Juice Beauty DOES smell bad! I swatched it on my hand and it seemed to blend well but I guess that I'll have to hold my nose whenever I actually do try it on my face. Edited to add..... I'm really curious if all Juice Beauty products stink or if it's just this one because I've always wanted to try the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for Sensitive skin.

I got Kit B today (the one @@Bizgirlva posted above). Cancelled. The samples just seem so small, and I wish Sample Society would at least put one color cosmetic in every box (the Beauty Bar site seems heavily makeup-oriented, so I think it would make sense). Oh, well. I'll be saving an extra $15 a month.

Back