Sample Society: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, I'm getting Kit A with the "frost orange pink" lipstick and I have to wonder, what was the point of filling out the beauty survey if theyre going to send me the ONLY color in the entire line that looks HIDEOUS on my skin tone?? I was looking forward to the lipstick too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably unsuscribe after this. try out someone who WOWs me, at least once

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first box and I am super excited by everything in it..i have Kit B...
 Me too! I
heart.gif
lipstick!

Thanks!! I hope SS starts making their boxes more customized, that would be fun!
icon_biggrin.gif

I LOVE that we are getting L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream! I love their products!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so, I'm getting Kit A with the "frost orange pink" lipstick and I have to wonder, what was the point of filling out the beauty survey if theyre going to send me the ONLY color in the entire line that looks HIDEOUS on my skin tone?? I was looking forward to the lipstick too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll probably unsuscribe after this. try out someone who WOWs me, at least once
Is it the orange or the pink that won't work with your skin tone? I checked out the colors on the Diego Dalla Palma website and the "frost orange pink" looks a lot more pink than orange in the photos on the website. But you can never trust photos vs. the actual product so maybe it will look much different when you receive it and work for you!

I'm actually pleased with the box that's coming and how fast they have it shipping out even though the hurricane swept through their area, too.  SS, this may only be our second month together, but I foresee many more glorious months with you.  

And on top of that, I'm super duper excited about the lipstick!  Not like I don't have enough already, but another added to my collection will not hurt my feelings one bit.

I really love how this month - We're getting a makeup item, lotion, a hair care product, perfume and even a cleanser.  Seems like they covered everything!

Yay I got my shipping confirmation email and my dashboard updated! Kit B for me! I'm excited to try that shade of lipstick and I looooved the fig Diptyque that I received in a replacement box last month! Also so excited to try the Alterna and I love Dermalogica. What a great box! Much better than last month in my opinion!

Still waiting on my dashboard and shipping to update...mine still says Kit C.  

But judging from what the spoilers are, I'm gonna lolly love it!  I looked at the webpage for the lipstick and not sure if the two colors listed so far will work for me....but I'm willing to try!  I LOVE the look of the mauve color on their website...but it is a new color so I'm sure we probably won't get those, which is fine...but if I like the formulation, then maybe I'll find me a new lipstick I like.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
I can't wait!  
claps.gif
  SS is my favorite sub, far and away.  (Besides my husband's Birchbox Man, which I am always jealous of when he gets it...LOL)

Getting box C and just got the updated info on my dashboard ! For all you kit C girls here ya go!!

Read November's expert advice from Allure »

Ladies, what do you all think of your lipstick color??  I have dark brown, curly hair and fair skin and pale pink lipsticks look awful on me!!!  Any advice?

Originally Posted by casey anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies, what do you all think of your lipstick color??  I have dark brown, curly hair and fair skin and pale pink lipsticks look awful on me!!!  Any advice?
I really think we have to wait to get them to find out, the colors online are usually so far off from the real thing. However, I think pink, like red, is pretty universal (as opposed to brown or orange). A lot of people complain they can't pull off a red lipstick, but I think it looks good on everyone with all skin and hair colors (if they do it right). Here's a picture of someone with the description you gave and I think the pale pink looks nice. It all comes down to personal taste, I suppose. For example, I'll never be convinced that brown lipstick is a universal shade that looks good on my reddish-blonde pale freckled self haha.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really think we have to wait to get them to find out, the colors online are usually so far off from the real thing. However, I think pink, like red, is pretty universal (as opposed to brown or orange). A lot of people complain they can't pull off a red lipstick, but I think it looks good on everyone with all skin and hair colors (if they do it right). Here's a picture of someone with the description you gave and I think the pale pink looks nice. It all comes down to personal taste, I suppose. For example, I'll never be convinced that brown lipstick is a universal shade that looks good on my reddish-blonde pale freckled self haha.

Thanks Katie!!  I agree with you about the brown, btw :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  With the smokey eye, she does look gorgeous, that's for sure.  I received  that pale pink lip bomb in my ipsy bag last month and that was just awful!  So obviously I am immediately disappointed to see pale pink again.  You are right that we have to wait and see the product in person.  I  think I'm a bit jealous about the orange/pink color cause the swatch they posted is so cute!!  Thanks for posting this 
claps.gif

I'm getting Kit C too. Very excited!!! I don't think the other two lipstick shades would have worked on me...I'm happy with the Pink Satin shade. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back