Sample Society November 2013 (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box today. I like the lipbalm the most surprisingly, even though it's freakin TINY! The candle is nice, but a bit strong for my taste. I'll still give it a burn and see. Perfume smells nice too, much better on than from the vial. 

As for the brightener, holy mackeral is it sparkly!! USE VERY SPARINGLY LADIES, plus squeeze carefully as this sucker gushes out. I am glad that it's such a large sample, I will not be running out of it any time soon. 

I am happy to have gotten this box for free though, would've been a bit whomp if I had paid. I think I'll stick it out 1 more month tho, see what they deliver for the Holidays! 

I have been a Sample Society subscriber since the beginning.  Unfortunalty I had a couple of really big and unexpected expenses this month, plus had a few weeks off from work thanks to the government shut down (I work on NIH funded medical research studies) , so I had to skip both Sample Society and Birchbox this month.  I have mixed feelings about missing this month's SS.  It seems to be the same brands every month now.  I like the brands they include, but I'm hoping for something really different next month.

Quote: Originally Posted by lindzebra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah, so what do we do with the shimmer stuff? I wish it was BB cream.
I mixed it with my foundation and thought it had a nice effect.

Quote: Originally Posted by susanleia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I mixed it with my foundation and thought it had a nice effect.
Oh good, I was hoping so.

Quote: Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I seriously cannot stop smelling my candle lol I love it!
It smells like Christmas!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It smells like Christmas!

That's exactly what I thought!  I think it reminded me of Christmas wreaths.

i got my box last night. my favorite thing in it is the candle. and my bf loves the smell. he said 'smells like christmas' too!

Quote: Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SS has great customer service but sometimes you have to speak to a few reps to get a good solution.

I emailed again and this rep offered me a new box, plus a $10 credit in my acc. Thanks for the advise ladies! 

I'm burning it right now, it sure has a powerful throw for such a tiny little candle. It really feels Christmas-y in here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box today! I love the candle, it's exactly what I want my house to smell like during Christmas time. Haven't tried anything else yet.

I seriously just want to collect all of the little samples of that Jane Iredale chapstick lol

I'm loving the candle too! And the Jane Iredale chapstick. I keep using it. Haven't tried the other things yet.

Did anyone get an email from beautybar saying that their email and password may be compromised? Trying to figure out what's going on and if anyone else received it and hoping a lot of you all weren't affected.

Quote: Originally Posted by MUfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone get an email from beautybar saying that their email and password may be compromised? Trying to figure out what's going on and if anyone else received it and hoping a lot of you all weren't affected.
I didn't get it, but it will certainly worry me if a portion of their database has been compromised, even if I wasn't directly affected.  I'll stick around and hopefully some other SS subbers will come out and we'll get a general idea of what is happening here.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't not receive that email, but I went ahead and changed my password anyway.

I got it. The funny thing is that I do reuse a certain combination of email/password on a lot of sites -- but not on BeautyBar. That combo is used solely on that site due to its character requirements.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it. The funny thing is that I do reuse a certain combination of email/password on a lot of sites -- but not on BeautyBar. That combo is used solely on that site due to its character requirements.
It just worries me because, if there was a certain amount of emails/passwords that were compromised (passwords and payment information should be the most protected information), it causes me to lose a bit of the security I felt in a company.

Now I have to choose between...do I want to keep getting my beauty stuff every month or get angry about a possible security breech?  Decisions, decisions...

Latest posts

Back