Sample Society: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the perfume too! I would love to trade for some more of it from those who don't want it! My list is in my signature.

I actually didn't peek this month and had no idea what we were getting. bummed today when I got my box! Disappointed that we didn't get the matching item for the ob item. The ji item I was exited about until I saw what it was!!yuk! The perfume leaked ever where and is half empty....:'( can't win them all! Next month will be better!

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The perfume leaked ever where and is half empty
I wouldn't cry over it; this stuff smells like a cross between my grandmother's soap and  my husband's cologne. 
sick.gif

This box  is hugely disappointing.

Haha, it smells like zest soap to me, and I love it! Except the spray nozzle doesn't work. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So sad. It's only the part of the box I was really excited about. Funny how we are all different.

So i'm sitting here waiting for my vid to upload and checking out everything again...

I am excited for the shampoo- i've been dying to try this brand. 

I opened the exfolikate and it seems really cool- can't wait to try this either!

I thought the EL was an eye cream from the way it was packaged, but after reading about it I'm excited to try this on some scars I have! And I'm impressed with the size- most tubes like this have .033oz product- this one is FULL and marked .1oz.

The towelette thingy I'll use eventually.

I actually kind of like the perfume! Mine is half empty so I think I will email customer service and see if I can get a replacement- nothing else was ruined, but i see from the pics your bottles were pretty dang full and it's something I'll actually use...

Only real stinker for me was the self tanner. I'm pretty sure the sample size is small. I compared with a Jane Iredale sample I have of a different product- that tube was marked as .25oz and was FULL. This tube is a little larger and I would say about 2/3 empty so i'm calling it .125oz. 

That being said my math came out at 45.91. still very nice!! Can't wait to do my reviews!

Got my box today and am blah about it.  I don't know if it is the size of samples or just no color product this time but this box just looks disappointing.  I've used exfoliKate before (got sample in QVC Test Tube) and I like, so I'll definitely use this sample up.  I wouldn't buy but it's nice to get luxe products.  Wish it were the size that came in the QVC TT :/  Everything else is new and I'll try them except the self tanner (I'm naturally tan).  Not much else to say about this box..... 

I haven't gotten my box yet (supposed to be here Monday), but I just wanted to share that I found the Oscar Blandi Shampoo and Conditioner at TJ Maxx for $7.99 each.  I bought them as I've used this before and it's one of my favorites.  I just wish that SS were sending the 2 together and not just one or the other as that drives me nuts!

Ss is my fave sub. I've only been a subscriber for abt 3 mos, and I love the high end products. I actually joined when I saw a previous box that contained a Sisley product, which is an old favorite brand of mine & super expensive. Ironically, reviews from that particular box weren't that great, but I know that brand is amazing and the box was a great value despite the smaller sizes. This latest box was my least fave so far, but I won't cancel or anything. I love the exfolikate, and it hasn't really fit into my budget for awhile, so I look fwd to using it.

HeyGuys!  I got my box today....It was just ok!  The last 2 months were much better but this month was ok!  Anyways, for those of you who got the conditioner ... I wish that I got the conditioner so if any of you would like to trade something for the conditioner please let me know!  I am willing to give a few things for the conditioner.  Let me know....Thanks

HeyGuys!  I got my box today....It was just ok!  The last 2 months were much better but this month was ok!  Anyways, for those of you who got the conditioner ... I wish that I got the conditioner so if any of you would like to trade something for the conditioner please let me know!  I am willing to give a few things for the conditioner.  Let me know....Thanks
Looks like u are new here. Do u have a trade list?

This box wasn't too impressive to me either. The perfume just smells awful IMO, no offense meant to those that like it. I just prefer something more exotic than dryer sheet scent. 

I'm excited to try the conditioner sample, it's a great useable sample size unlike the foils I've received from BB. I am also very much into skin care so the ExfoliKate will be a nice treat to try. Other than that, not impressed. I don't like self-tanners, the perfume smells like a dryer sheet, and the Phormula 3-9 is soooo small. However, way better than a foil! 
The funny thing is that if this was a birch box, I would be WOW! Great box. I guess I have higher expectations from SS. I LIKE the box, just not as thrilled as I was with previous boxes. 

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This box wasn't too impressive to me either. The perfume just smells awful IMO, no offense meant to those that like it. I just prefer something more exotic than dryer sheet scent. 

I'm excited to try the conditioner sample, it's a great useable sample size unlike the foils I've received from BB. I am also very much into skin care so the ExfoliKate will be a nice treat to try. Other than that, not impressed. I don't like self-tanners, the perfume smells like a dryer sheet, and the Phormula 3-9 is soooo small. However, way better than a foil! 
The funny thing is that if this was a birch box, I would be WOW! Great box. I guess I have higher expectations from SS. I LIKE the box, just not as thrilled as I was with previous boxes. 
This is beyond true! While it isn't my favorite box I have received from them, it is good stuff from good companies and they have amazing shipping and customer service. I am content.

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box yesterday. I'm not as disappointed and the majority it seems. I just love getting a little box of goodies to try. I'm in LOVE with the perfume! I will look into splurging on that unless someone knows a cheaper dupe. Seriously love it enough to purchase though.
The perfume smells a lot like the CLEAN perfumes from Sephora. Much cheaper too.

Great box for me. Threw out the tanner immediately but the perfume smells heavenly! Box is worth about $38ish according to my calculations. :) Solid!

Deleted per TOS

Got the box- Don't like the perfume at all, I can't use the Exfolikate (too harsh on my sensitive skin- I've tried it before and it felt like I had lit my face on fire), and I have no interest in the tanner.

So how does one get into the trading game here? Does it all take place on that Birchbox trading thread?

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The perfume smells a lot like the CLEAN perfumes from Sephora. Much cheaper too.
I kinda thought my husband nailed it on the head when he said the perfume smells like the classic Dial soap bars. LOL I just thought that was funny and wanted to share. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The CLEAN perfume from Sephora is a close one, too.
biggrin.gif

So this was my first Sample Society box and I wasn't too impressed with the sample sizes or the fact that my perfume arrived leaking and half full. I contacted them to let them know and they sent out a replacement box immediately. Now, I'm not sure if they made a mistake, but I'm definitely NOT complaining! They sent me what appears to be last month's box with the cell ceuticals face wash, philosykos perfume, ahava mud mask, borghese lip gloss, and stila crayon. This box is awesome! I only wanted them to replace the perfume, not the whole box, but this is even better and totally unexpected.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this was my first Sample Society box and I wasn't too impressed with the sample sizes or the fact that my perfume arrived leaking and half full. I contacted them to let them know and they sent out a replacement box immediately. Now, I'm not sure if they made a mistake, but I'm definitely NOT complaining! They sent me what appears to be last month's box with the cell ceuticals face wash, philosykos perfume, ahava mud mask, borghese lip gloss, and stila crayon. This box is awesome! I only wanted them to replace the perfume, not the whole box, but this is even better and totally unexpected.
I'm sure even if you contacted them stating you just wanted a perfume replacement, they'd let you keep the box. Their customer service is AWESOME like that!

I'm batting 1000 today...guess I should go back to bed!  My posts are multiplying like bunnies!  LOL!

Latest posts

Back