Sample Society: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dawallewein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

Just got my box today, and am pretty much "meh" about it. I have more skincare samples than I can shake a broomstick at (yeah, I feel kinda witchy today, LOL!) so seeing more was pretty uneventful. Really shouldn't complain though- anything is better than most of the Birchboxes I've gotten so I'll shut my trap! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Seriously though, I had laser resurfacing done a few months back, so the only skincare products I use are CeraVe and prescription retinol. My friends like it though- they get all my cast-offs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even though I'm a bit underwhelmed with the contents (guess we can't get makeup in every box), I'm most disappointed about the fact that the one item I'm actually looking a bit forward to trying (the shampoo) leaked all over the box. UGH!  I guess I'll send SS CS an e-mail to let them know.

I sent off an e-mail to SS Customer Service regarding the leaking shampoo and got a reply within a half hour.  They were very kind and credited my account $15.00.  Now that is some GREAT customer service!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I really, really appreciated such a quick response and the account credit!

My perfume was broken all over as well.  Emailed them earlier this evening and customer care said they'd send me out a new box. 

Which makes me wonder, why some people get different answers than others.  
gruebel.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My perfume was broken all over as well.  Emailed them earlier this evening and customer care said they'd send me out a new box. 

Which makes me wonder, why some people get different answers than others.  
gruebel.gif
Was this your first box? If so, maybe they'll send you last month's box like they did for me. It's a lot better than this month's in my opinion. Though getting doubles wouldn't have been bad because I did like the exfolikate and the face balm.

I got my box yesterday as well and I, too, had a leaking perfume.  I liked the smell of the box, but there wasn't much left to test in the perfume bottle.  I emailed them and they'll be sending me a whole new box as well.  I think that is awesome customer service!  I wasn't overly impressed with this box and I contemplated cancelling (again - I had was subbed in March and April but cancelled after April), but with customer service that great, I think I'll stick around and hope for better boxes in the months to come.

I love their CS. However they've been taxing me now (I'm in TX) and it costs me close to $17 a box. Not worth it considering I'm only able to use on of the items in this box. I canceled...even though I loved the last box, the other two I got in the spring I barely used either. I re-subbed thinking it would get better...but I guess for my personal needs this box just isn't worth $17.

Got my box and it had the conditioner. I like the perfume, reminds me of the Clean fragrances.. fresh smelling and nice. I like tanner, but am sending this one to a MUT buddy. Think I'll be using everything else, so maybe a meh month, but not disappointing at all. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd love to have the conditioner to go with the shampoo if anyone is thinking of trading theirs away. I'd love to trade the perfume for it.

I used the Exfoilkate for the first time last night and immediately fell in love.  When I looked at the price tag ($85) I about croaked!  Do any of you ladies happen to know where I could find it cheaper?

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the Exfoilkate for the first time last night and immediately fell in love.  When I looked at the price tag ($85) I about croaked!  Do any of you ladies happen to know where I could find it cheaper?
.5 oz for 19.00 at Sephora, and they also offer  it in different formulations like gentle and acne.

Back