Scrapbooking

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AmyLyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif One way to avoid the mess is to do digital scrapbooking..
smile.gif
I have been doing this for two years now and with careful shadows, my pages LOOK like real scrapbooking but everything was created digitally. Here are a couple of mine that I did recently..
smile.gif
i love those! that is totally what i'm wanting to achieve. did you make those with a program or through a website? because I would really like to start doing that!
Alright, I've bough a few materials and I've started working on a scrapbook for Brad and I! I'm putting in pictures from when we started going out until now and so on. I've started 2 pages and I'm stuck. They look so plain! Do you guys have any ideas for what else I should add? I'm such a n00b at this..

These pages are our "beginnings" right before we started going out. I wanted to put some text that said that... but I'm not exactly sure what to say. I can't thing of anything to add... maybe put napoleon was my love and guitar was his.. I dunno! Please give me some ideas!!

5ybzjly.jpg

I started scrapbooking a few months ago and I love it. Don't be upset if your pages don't turn out like you expect; it takes a little while to develope your skills and your own sense of style. Also, don't be freightened by the expense...any hobby can be expensive but few have to be. If you're just starting out, buy enough supplies for one page or project and don't invest in more until you have an idea of what you want or need for future projects. Not only will this help spread out your spending but it will also keep you from purchasing unnessicary supplies.

I LOVE scrapbooking!!!
smile.gif
It can get expensive, I agree. But you know, you can always go to those dollar stores, they have like 5 papers for a dollar. I don't really buy papers in bulk so the dollar store is perfect for me. I get more variety that way, too. Also, try to hit the craft stores when all the ribbons and other supplies are marked down! I have ribbons I also got from a yard sale that I got for .50 cents each. I also recycle like no other! I keep everything like wedding invitations and ribbons from presents.

What really helps me is first picking out the pics I want on a page, sketching my layout on paper, and then picking the papers I'm going to use. My fave part though has to be embellishing. When everything's done and you're just adding little stickers and whatnot here and there. Fun! Also you can pick up some scrapbooking magazines for tons of ideas! I'll try to post some pics when I dig out some old scrapbooks.
smile.gif

HTH!!!

I am going to just start scrapbooking. I recently got married so I want to make a 12X12 book of some of our wedding photos. I have got a couple things from Micheals. But I have also began looking online at ebay.. You can find some great deals if you know what you want..
smile.gif

i like the looks of scrapbooks but im lazy.... my mother in laws friend is a scrapbook instructor and she made the cutest books for both my kids all I have to do is add pictures and had them a few years and still havent... im lazy i guess..but neat little fact...she used some pictures of my daughter as a baby and a scrap booking company like her page so much that my daughters pictures are on a print ad for them.. prety neat

Back