Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a bunch of mini Indie polishes on Etsy. I've started my shopping early ... without even knowing what my giftee would like ... I did 1 of each for me, 1 for Secret Santa Giftee (or someone else if it's really not something my giftee would want) and I'm still under the $ limit, I think. I need to look again.

Are we using Elfster for the nails swap, too? I want to get it set up if we are....I am super duper excited for tomorrow!!
Yes we are. I've got the elfster page made, I'm just not sure if its visible yet or not because the dates stuff was confusing me on there, so I haven't posted it yet. Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to queue up the posts for sign ups like Zadi did for regular secret santa (I believe they're hidden to regular members right now).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm an idiot and totally didn't realize signups started today. I've been out of town and forgot - I thought it was the 27th, LOL. So I'll get that ready and report back here.

Ok I'm a dork and I can't find it...when do sign ups close and when do we get out person?? I can't wait to shop shop shop!!

Ok I'm a dork and I can't find it...when do sign ups close and when do we get out person?? I can't wait to shop shop shop!!
Sign ups close the eighth. I'll see what Zadi wants to do for a firm time cut off and then go from there since it won't take long to match up at all, as we have a small group.

Also I might add @ as an assistant (if she or another mod is willing) to do the matching up so that way I don't know who has me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sign ups close the eighth. I'll see what Zadi wants to do for a firm time cut off and then go from there since it won't take long to match up at all, as we have a small group.

Also I might add @ as an assistant (if she or another mod is willing) to do the matching up so that way I don't know who has me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
put me in, coach!

Okey dokey...for some reason I thought sign ups closed on the 4th....I must have been dreaming!!

Okey dokey...for some reason I thought sign ups closed on the 4th....I must have been dreaming!!
Hahah I actually double checked earlier just to make sure I wasn't out of the loop on something, but yeah Zadi actually bumped it up from the 15th to the 8th due to demand to start shopping early! So close yet so far.

I might not even need an assistant to draw names now that I think about it, if I just automatically generate the drawing then it might not show me (as an organizer) who got me? I'll have to read up on this some more before the close of sign ups.

One question that should probably be added to the survey is whether or not you'd like a heads up when your box is shipped so that you can be on the lookout for it.

And is it the 8th yet? I'm excited to go shopping and can't yet. This wait time is killing meeeeeeeee!

One question that should probably be added to the survey is whether or not you'd like a heads up when your box is shipped so that you can be on the lookout for it.
This is mandatory this year. You can have a friend send the PM with the tracking number or you can find someone willing to elf in the Sugar Plum Fairy Lounge

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mandatory this year. You can have a friend send the PM with the tracking number or you can find someone willing to elf in the Sugar Plum Fairy Lounge
Cool. I know it's a question in the other SS questionnaire, but I didn't see it in the nails one. Or it's also too early, the coffee hasn't kicked in and I missed it somewhere. *runs off to drink all the coffee*

Cool. I know it's a question in the other SS questionnaire, but I didn't see it in the nails one. Or it's also too early, the coffee hasn't kicked in and I missed it somewhere. *runs off to drink all the coffee*
It might very well in that questionnaire, I just took our questionnaire straight from the one last year.

I'm already in the regular SS but was thinking about joining this one as well.  I just was unsure: would I then have two separate elfster wish lists?  Or would everything just be all connected into one account and one wish list?  Hoping thats clear...

I'm already in the regular SS but was thinking about joining this one as well.  I just was unsure: would I then have two separate elfster wish lists?  Or would everything just be all connected into one account and one wish list?  Hoping thats clear...
You can make a separate wishlist for both but have both groups have access to them. Or just have one wishlist, but have it set so both groups have access to it. You can set the viewing permissions by individual wishlist in Elfster.

Hmmm ... that really is a good question.  I have multiple wishlists on Elfster, relating to different types of nail polishes.  I will need to make sure the nails swap has access to them all.

Back