Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can make a separate wishlist for both but have both groups have access to them. Or just have one wishlist, but have it set so both groups have access to it. You can set the viewing permissions by individual wishlist in Elfster.
Thanks for the reply.  It's a lot easier for me to just have one since I've already added some polishes to my wish list. I'll just make sure it's visible for both groups.  I'm excited to join!  

All the mini's I ordered over the past week or so have arrived.  OMG.  They're all gorgeous and the bottles are so cute.  I keep telling myself I am not going to buy more nail polish for this exchange until after signups are over and I find out what my giftee likes.  We'll see how that goes.
Who's the maker? Just out of curiousity. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ILNP was having a sale yesterday, but I talked myself out of it. I think that was the most successful thing about last year's exchange -- being scared that I would somehow buy something my Santa would buy for me so not buying anything. Also I bought the last three EP monthly polishes so who knows what those look like.

I'm so excited to go shopping, though! I love a good challenge!

I have totally gone over the $20 limit--by $1. The mini polishes I bought for my giftee came out to around $21. I am totally pretending the shipping cost does not exist--because that's how it's supposed to be in an exchange--but also because in addition to my $42 total (I couldn't buy such gorgeous polishes for my giftee without getting 1 of each for myself) shipping was close to $20. I'm glad I have a crap-ton of unused polishes in my collection that I intended to use but have come to realize I never will. Woohooo for decluttering and giving a gift at the same time.

I have totally gone over the $20 limit--by $1. The mini polishes I bought for my giftee came out to around $21. I am totally pretending the shipping cost does not exist--because that's how it's supposed to be in an exchange--but also because in addition to my $42 total (I couldn't buy such gorgeous polishes for my giftee without getting 1 of each for myself) shipping was close to $20. I'm glad I have a crap-ton of unused polishes in my collection that I intended to use but have come to realize I never will. Woohooo for decluttering and giving a gift at the same time.
This is totally what I do too. Obviously it exists but its definitely not necessary to count it IMO.

That's one thing I love about nail polish, its so easy to pass on unused or lightly used stuff, and just allows you to beef up the gift that much more!

I've been super excited about doing the nails group again because 1) because i love how small it is so you get to know everyone involved and 2) i love having a narrow theme because i'm so indecisive! hahaha.

I got really confused and could have sworn my town had a marshall's (where i previously found ciate), but i ended up at ross where i got the ciate and forumla x polish. after googling i think there is a marshall's in the same area? now i want to venture over there tomorrow and see if they have any more awesome polish. my ross also had some opi minis but i didn't want to go too over board this early hahaha.

I am being good and so far haven't bought anything. The suspense is killing me, though!! And I seriously never go to Marshall's or TJMaxx, even though we have both. I am totally going to hit them up to see what I can find as soon as I know who I have.

The TJMaxx in my area never has good polishes. I've never been to Marshall's so I'll have to go check it out soon. Can't wait to see who I get, I have a few ideas in mind just waiting to see my person's preferences.

This is going to be so much fun!

I've been good so far holding off on the purchasing, but I want to start shopping so bad! Not too much longer! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have no restraint. The wait has been killing me!!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll try and get the names drawn as soon as possible tonight though! I just want to make sure there are are no hiccups before draw names, so I'll probably be coordinating with Allistra in the regular group to make sure everything is good to go. And I'm not entirely sure how the process works for Elfster so this will be another learning experience for me (and hopefully not as awkward as sign ups initially were).

ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE!

:santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:   :santa:  

Unfortunately, I had to remove the people who did not fully complete the sign up instructions in order to successfully complete the draw. I know there is a "latecomer" option, so I will allow that for those who were signed up but did not complete the survey requirements.

Once you complete your survey and/or send me your address I will add you as a latecomer to the exchange. Then we will do a second draw between those people. 

You have until Monday 11/10/2014 at 8 PM EST to complete your sign ups if you'd still like to participate. 

NOTE: Sign ups are officially closed. This is only an option for those who have already partially signed up. 

Let the shopping begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!  And, hey, everybody, don't forget to add plenty of things to that Elfster wishlist!  It's going to be *very* useful for Santa, especially if she uses the app when she's out and about!  (No number of things is too many to add.  The more options, the better!)

Back