Secret Santa for NAILS 2014! - Main Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She stepped up to help design Llarowe's website, so it would make sense both systems had the same rewards system.

I guess she was pressed for time with that redesign, but it's still... super generic. I like the bottle itself, but nothing about the logo stands out.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that they handle the backend for Llarowe's site, I just hadn't noticed the rewards program on ILNP's site until now.

@@Jac13 Yes you must try the multichromes, Nostalgia is my favorite for Christmastime!

Just sitting in the gas station parking lot waiting on roadside assistance to come change my flat tire....so I am adding to my wishlist. LOL....my hubby tried to break the lug nuts loose and he can't get them off, so here we sit. It's cold and I'm trying to keep my mind off it by window shopping for pretties.

Just sitting in the gas station parking lot waiting on roadside assistance to come change my flat tire....so I am adding to my wishlist. LOL....my hubby tried to break the lug nuts loose and he can't get them off, so here we sit. It's cold and I'm trying to keep my mind off it by window shopping for pretties.
Oh no! Be safe and keep warm!!! Keep us updated  :hugs3:

Oh no! Be safe and keep warm!!! Keep us updated :hugs3:
Thank you!! We are home now, safe & sound. My hubby only had the cheapo tools that came with my car and no hat, wearing dress shoes, so not dressed to change a tire in the dark. Luckily roadside assistance had all the proper tools so it only took him ten minutes to change it for us.

My order shipped!!

Also, if anyone is interested, Llarowe has a listing for the June A Box, Indied on sale for $20 (regular $50.) I may or may not have purchased one to split between myself and my Santa.
There's one brand / polish in the set I think my giftee would like but I'm not sure about the rest and I'd like to get her other things XD But that's a great use of your $20 budget if your giftee likes indies!

Thank you to the Elf who wished me a happy birthday today!  :wub:

Question, though: do people tend to get their giftees extras that are nail-related or otherwise? (Has someone already asked that? I've been scanning several threads today and I'm not sure what I've read.)

oops this was posted in wrong spot. sorry, ignore!
It was a good question though that I was going to try and answer when I was back at the computer to type. Unfortunately, I think the way the post history works now on someone's profile is it only shows so many of the recent posts. Another mod (possibly @@meaganola ) might be aware of another way, but I haven't noticed any, which has been one of my qualms with the new forum.

Question, though: do people tend to get their giftees extras that are nail-related or otherwise? (Has someone already asked that? I've been scanning several threads today and I'm not sure what I've read.)
my santa last year did an amazing job of creeping my posts and sent me samples of some of my favorite products and other small beauty extras. I like to make variety so I'm going to send nail polish and then other things (maybe something seasonal, or candy, or a craft).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to the Elf who wished me a happy birthday today! :wub:

I'll be giving my elf some extra none nail related items. Of course the main focus will be for nails, but I've snooped around, and have other items I know she'd like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me it depends on how detailed they were on their questionnaire and something catches my eye, or if I find something that's perfect for them. In different nail SS swaps I've done, some I've stuck strictly to sweet treats and nail extras, one I had loved Doctor Who so I made it a Whovian themed box with some Doctor Who extras, another I wrapped everything in a specific color. I have no set rule as to what the extras will be, it depends on my mood and if I have a great idea, or if I stick with the typical extras.

The extras I have are seriously all over the place.  There's a few nail care type items and some that are  so far from that.

It was a good question though that I was going to try and answer when I was back at the computer to type. Unfortunately, I think the way the post history works now on someone's profile is it only shows so many of the recent posts. Another mod (possibly @@meaganola ) might be aware of another way, but I haven't noticed any, which has been one of my qualms with the new forum.
Are you trying to figure out how to see all posts?

'Find Content' and then filter to 'only posts.' It DOES only show the last 1000 but that should be plenty for most people. 

Last year, I got my santee slippers. I think anything extra is fair game. I love fuzzy socks and slippers for winter- actually all year- so it was a must.

After putting it off for weeks and weeks, I finally updated my list of polishes I own. It was more annoying to do it this year when i was updating last year's list than to actually just type up the whole inventory last year. I don't know why. <_>

I felt like my inventory didn't grow by that much but lol jk it grew by something like 30-40 polishes (which, after 10 months and buying 3-4 bottles of polish a month -- sadly makes sense) but sometimes I look at all this polish and wonder what I'm doing with my life. LOL JK I don't.

I did switch to a new top coat recently -- I was using Poshe before, but I switched over to Formula X neon tc (well I don't like neon nails, but it was on sale--) I'd gotten two bottles for $7 and it lasts forever. Before I'd get 3-5 days out my manicures, and now I'm getting like 6-8, which has led to a lot of laziness. That's probably the thing I'm most sad I'm going to be missing out on when I permanently break up with Sephora ): I guess I"ll have to find another top coat I like. I hear KBShimmer's is pretty awesome and that's only $5--

tl;dr version: is anyone else doing an inventory of their polish? My giftee had one on her blog last year, which I thought was super helpful so I could be assured I wasn't getting anything she already had. But it does take a while to write out, especially if your polish list is looonnggg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back