Secret Santa Gifts 2008

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope my person received hers. I know that she got part of it, but I also sent two seperate boxes.

Wow I'm new here and can I just say that this Secret Santa online is such a good idea...only joined 30 minutes ago and I'm already loving this site

Sareen xx

i got my present! but i am not in italy anymore...so, i can not post the pics!
frown.gif
((

but i was very very happy to receive it.

i am not sure if my person has gotten it yet...because i unfortunately did not use this forum for a long time and did not notice the deadline was 30th november...i actually sent it out like 19th december like the other presents.my granny for example got it like 2 days after christmas...i so very much hope that the person on here as well. i am so sorry..i have been so busy studying and working abroad...
frown.gif
(((

Hi YupYup

I was just wondering if by any chance you were my secret santa?

I received an empty parcel the other day, but I couldn’t tell where it was from because they ruined the package. Customs must have really screwed it up. I couldn’t read the return address because they mis-handled the package so much, but I am guessing it is either my SS, or something I ordered from Amazon….Not sure 

They actually stamped the package saying “Package arrived empty†all over, so I am guessing that maybe customs just messed it up and took the contents and just shipped out an empty package. Boo on the mail people.

Moira, yoi have got to be kidding me! That is nuts! Is there anyway of contacting the post office and asking if they have a general idea of where it came from?

I know! I should call...I can't really tell if it has a tracking number, but someone has to know what happened! Apparently it arrived at the Drexel Hill post office open and empty, so maybe they know of the previous place.

Yupyupme, I'm glad you got your package, I was really worried for quite awhile over it.

Originally Posted by Modirty80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi YupYup
I was just wondering if by any chance you were my secret santa?

I received an empty parcel the other day, but I couldn’t tell where it was from because they ruined the package. Customs must have really screwed it up. I couldn’t read the return address because they mis-handled the package so much, but I am guessing it is either my SS, or something I ordered from Amazon….Not sure 

They actually stamped the package saying “Package arrived empty†all over, so I am guessing that maybe customs just messed it up and took the contents and just shipped out an empty package. Boo on the mail people.

hey! yes i was your secret santa!!!!!it is so sad what happened!!!!
frown.gif
i do not know what to do now...do i try sending something once again?

also two of my friends in estonia never got the package. :S

it makes me sick..

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yupyupme, I'm glad you got your package, I was really worried for quite awhile over it. Yes, i got it and i was very happy. I especially love this hair stuff. But also the small package of lipsticks
smile.gif
I actually loved all but the most of the things are in Italy at the moment and I am at home for 2 weeks, so I was not able to post pictures of those great things you sent for everyone to see!!!!! But they all have to know that my secret santa was the best!!!
heart.gif

i know it was mentioned that my ss was going through something and would send my gift late. i haven't received anything so far.

Shell, I can guarantee that no one will receive nothing. Something will be organised on behalf of the secret santas that did not manage to ship something out.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Shell, I can guarantee that no one will receive nothing. Something will be organised on behalf of the secret santas that did not manage to ship something out. thanks rosie
smile.gif
i waited for awhile to say something in case my gift showed up after christmas but so far nothing has arrived for me from my ss.

I agree that it's very disappointing if it indeed turns out some Santas flaked on this swap. Rosie & Bec worked hard to coordinate this, as Marisol did for 3 years before that, and I know we all agree it's not their fault.

One thing I've been thinking for next year is....I wonder if people would be interested in a "non-secret Santa" swap? I probably would never have thought of it if Rosie & Bec hadn't done it that way this year, but they both seemed to have so much fun swapping with each other even though they already knew who their Santa was. I did a swap similar to this in a rubber stamping group -- not Christmastime, but it lasted for a couple of months and people were partnered up and got to email each other and chat and find out what the other liked and then send some cards and packages to each other. My partner and I are still really close because of that swap. For me, this Secret Santa is fun not because of wondering who my Santa is, but wondering what she's going to send! So this is just something for people to consider. And if people are interested, you have the option of making it last more than just Christmas....partners could extend it as long as they wanted to. And that way, everyone would be accountable because it wouldn't be a secret.

I'd be glad to help with an extra package if someone never gets theirs. Just let me know, Mmes. Moderators!

Back