Secret Santa NAILS 2014: Reveals!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sooo sorry about taking a while to get these pictures posted. @@PeridotCricket was my Santa and did an amazing job with picking polishes that are new brands to me!

Look at those minis, aren't they cute? (And the full size polishes too) Look at those holiday themed polishes, I can't wait to try them out. That may look like a lot of green, but green is one of my favorite colors right behind purple. They're all so very pretty pretty colors!

MainTreats.jpg

So many extras! I love peppermint bark, and I'm intrigued by the bacon potato chip chocolate.

Extra Treats.jpg

I'm a fan of glass files, I can never have enough of those lying around the house! Hand lotion! I can't get enough of lotion right now, thank you weather! And pens, swear I lose at least one every day, these will come in handy. I also loved how you used the festive cups as a way to help protect the polishes, it was quite creative! There're also various nail strips to try out, more candy and the cutest little stockings! Thank you so very much, this was such a thoughtful gift, I hope you had as much fun picking treats for me as much as I enjoy them! :wub:
I'm glad you like everything. I had sooooo much fun picking everything. The bacon potato chip chocolate is interesting.

I'm sooo sorry about taking a while to get these pictures posted. @@PeridotCricket was my Santa and did an amazing job with picking polishes that are new brands to me!

Look at those minis, aren't they cute? (And the full size polishes too) Look at those holiday themed polishes, I can't wait to try them out. That may look like a lot of green, but green is one of my favorite colors right behind purple. They're all so very pretty pretty colors!

MainTreats.jpg

So many extras! I love peppermint bark, and I'm intrigued by the bacon potato chip chocolate.

Extra Treats.jpg

I'm a fan of glass files, I can never have enough of those lying around the house! Hand lotion! I can't get enough of lotion right now, thank you weather! And pens, swear I lose at least one every day, these will come in handy. I also loved how you used the festive cups as a way to help protect the polishes, it was quite creative! There're also various nail strips to try out, more candy and the cutest little stockings! Thank you so very much, this was such a thoughtful gift, I hope you had as much fun picking treats for me as much as I enjoy them! :wub:
Ooo is that OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard in the back? I love me some duochrome & that ones so fun. (Actually way less brushstroky than Chanel's Peridot). And the poisonous greens & purples were great picks. Good stalking @@PeridotCricket!

OMG ladies....seriously, this is the best group ever and I have the best Santa ever, hands down!! I got another package today of things that didn't make it into my box, but seriously, my box was jam packed and more than enough, but apparently not enough for my Santa!! Look what I got in the mail today:

Do you see that?!? Little heart shaped bottles!!! Squee!!! They are so darn cute, I can't even stand it!! Thank you SO much @@Lolo22!! I am the luckiest elf on the planet!!

And as if that wasn't enough, I got another package today from @@Sakura83, who was my giftee from last year. She got me a little thank you gift for being her Santa last year. She sent a cute little reindeer card and some Candies polishes and Sinful Colors Let Me Go, which is just such a super amazing color, the picture doesn't even do it justice. Thank you so very much, what a lovely surprise!! I had great fun shopping for you last year!!

The cat did not come with the polishes, that's my Polly being her nosy self...lol

Ahh so many amazing goodies! Thank you @@meaganola For all of this! 

20141218_200000.jpeg

FIRST LOOK

20141218_200150.jpeg

Realized that I was ripping into stuff so fast I did take enough pictures! 

20141218_200319.jpeg

All of my goodies! (The picture cut off, their is SO MUCH NAIL GOODNESS HERE!) 

SO EXCITED!!! The 100% Pure is AMAZING, I want to try it with dresses my bridesmaids are trying on NEXT WEEK to see if it matches well enough, and then I wanted to use it for wedding color nails! I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT GETTING IT! (I uh, already painted my nails with it too.):)

I am excited to try the nail polish remover wipes. Ive tried the orange package ones, but not the BL, or others! 

Everything is PERFECT! I love every nail polish color, and you rock! Thanks again! 

Ooo is that OPI's Just Spotted the Lizard in the back? I love me some duochrome & that ones so fun. (Actually way less brushstroky than Chanel's Peridot). And the poisonous greens & purples were great picks. Good stalking @@PeridotCricket!
It is Just Spotted the Lizard. I bought 2 bottles when it was still available at the Sephora salon inside JC Penney. Then later I bought Color Club Editorial from Birchbox. Exact Same Polish. Not kidding--color, runny texture, weird goldish duochrome thing--everthing the same. So I don't need a backup of Just Spotted the Lizard when I'll never get through the bottle I've been using, and if I ever did, I've got Editorial to replace it.
I thought @@DragonChick might love it for its green-gold amazingness.

Last edited by a moderator:
My amazing santa was none other than @ !!!!! She did the most amazing job picking things out for me! If I didn't know better, I would have thought that she knew me/saw how I paint my nails in real life based on how spot on she was with picking things out.

Here's part one of my reveal! I'm not sure how many pictures fit into a post so here goes nothing!

DSCN1981.JPG

What I saw when I opened the box. I kid you not, this box was filled top to bottom with beautifully wrapped gifts.

DSCN1982.JPG

The cutest Snoopy card. Fun fact: I primarily associate Christmas with Snoopy because I was always in love with A Charlie Brown Christmas as a kid. :) (also the box was covered in adorable snoopy stickers)

DSCN1983.JPG

Oooooh this was at the top of the box, but I guess we will have to come back to it later. ;)

DSCN1984.JPG

I have to emphasize how packed from top to bottom this box was. It was a maze of gifts. My little cousins (who are all boys) stared in amazement as I opened everything (and proceeded to take all the bubble wrap).

DSCN1985.JPG

Okay, now for the first goodies! Dollish Polish "This Ring Toss Is RIGGED!,"Essie "On A Silver Platter," Naild'It "Dreaming In Violet," and ELLE "Riviera Blue." The Dollish Polish and Naild'It are gorgeous, I'm a glitter addict. The Essie polish has been on my must buy forever, I have Belugaria from the collection, and this collection was always one of my favorites from Essie because of all the glitter styles and textures. As you can tell I'm a glitter person. ;) The ELLE polish is a lovely sea blue, which is absolutely my favorite shade of blue.

DSCN1986.JPG

This is so cool, a 3D manicure with peal beads. I've been wanting to try this style of polish ever since I saw the Ciate kits, but have always been apprehensive because I can be messy. :p

Now on to part two!

Part two of this adventure!

DSCN1987.JPG

This really neat pedi foot buffer. Not gonna lie, my feet need it. I am definitely going to use this to unwind and pamper my feet before my wedding in a few weeks. :D

DSCN1988.JPG

CANDYYYYYY. My fiance was like "why would they make skittles with just red and green." My response: for people like me, cherry and green apple are my faves, so I'm gonna be in heaven.

DSCN1989.JPG

A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS. When I felt this wrapped I was like "is this a dvd??" - I was so confused ahhaha. But now I'm so stoked, I don't have this movie on DVD but it is one of my life long favorites so I'm probably going wind down and watch it tonight.

DSCN1990.JPG

Formula X by Sephora polishes!!!! These colors are Flourescent, Iconic, and Highlighter. Fluorescent and Highlighter are cool sheer shimmery brights, these will be really fun to experiment with layering on top of other colors. Iconic looks amazing, like maybe a duochrome or multichrome, which is SO apropos because I wanted one after shopping for @

DSCN1991.JPG

Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee kcups! @ I know you said in your letter that you're not a coffee drinker, but you made a solid choice! We're at my aunt's house currently and my fiance was dissapointedly like "they don't have a keurig here do they." We can't wait to dig in to this. :)

DSCN1992.JPG

Ahhhh yes more indies to try out! These are Chick Nail Polish in Cutie Pie and Troll Juice (I really enjoyed these names). Troll Juice looks amazing and shimmery and Cutie Pie is a really adorable light minty green, these polishes are perfect for me!

And last but not least...part 3.

DSCN1993.JPG

This little bag had so much greatness in it! an apple cider chapstick (i love seasonal stuff), a mini tint gloss that looks to be korean (so cool!) a rainbow honey lip balm in rose nectar - this things smells amazing!, and fortune cookie soap hand sanitizer in "mele Kalikimaka" this smells great!!! I've never gotten to try RH or FCS so this is so exciting.

DSCN1994.JPG

Another crazy box of goodies! This awesome cranberry apple soap in an adorable santa bottle, bath and body works lotion, some various masks and foot scrub samples, nail stickers, nail polish remover, everything I could possibly need! I just tried the lotion and it is the perfect winter soap!

DSCN1995.JPG

Last present, we meet again....

DSCN1996.JPG

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Unicorn by Picture-Polish, I had the biggest grin on my face when I saw this one because I've been wanting to try Picture Polish forever because they have some of the cutest bottles ever in my opinion, and I fell in love with this polish immediately. I love the whimsical glitters and colors, my fiance said the name was perfect for me.

DSCN1997.JPG

All the goodies all together!

@ you are amazing! You went above and beyond with this gift and every aspect of it is amazing. I cannot thank you enough for being such a wonderful secret santa. I hope you had a blast shopping because I sure had a blast opening everything. I have little to no experience with indie nail polish and I'm so excited to have so many awesome brands to try out now! You are absolutely wonderful.  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

Now to decide what to paint my nails with tonight.......lets be real I'll probably use Unicorn tonight XD I'll be posting picture as soon as I do because I can't wait to see how it looks!

Yeah!! I'm so glad everything made it ok!! When I saw your wish list and your survey I knew right away that I was going to get Unicorn...it's something I would pick out for myself. And I love glitter polishes too, so you were super easy and fun to shop for. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad to hear the coffee was a good choice, my friend recently got a keurig and trying to buy coffee for you both was nerve wracking, there are SO many different flavors!! Lol....I just ended up going by the pictures on the box, it looked good to me!!

Oh, I ended up sending a card separately because I forgot something, did the card make it yet??

@@Sakura83 Yay, I'm so glad you liked your gifts!  You were really fun to shop for!  I hope you can get use out of the badge reel and stethoscope id tag.  I thought you would like them/that would be useful.  I ended up buying one for myself because they were just so cute  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

20141217_173155.jpg
They are super cute, love it. Can't wait to use them soon! Its awesome because now I'll know for sure which is my stethoscope lol. 

Okay, so the awesome extras from my amazing Secret Santa @@Sakura83 ... you really outdid yourself. Just 2 of the polishes would have been enough all by themselves. Thank you again.

20141217_195835.jpg

And I tried to get a better picture of the polishes.

20141217_200022.jpg

KB Shimmer Rollin' With The Chromies

Zoya Savita

OPI Green on the Runway

Zoya Mosheen
I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the gifts, I like to spoil my Santees as much as possible so it was more of a joy for me :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That KB shimmer by the way, I'm definitely going to have to buy lol. I was drooling over it when it arrived at my house >_>

@@DragonChick NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH GREEN.

--OR PURPLE.

lol such poisonous colors
So true, can't help myself with those two colors.

OMG ladies....seriously, this is the best group ever and I have the best Santa ever, hands down!! I got another package today of things that didn't make it into my box, but seriously, my box was jam packed and more than enough, but apparently not enough for my Santa!! Look what I got in the mail today:
image.jpg

Do you see that?!? Little heart shaped bottles!!! Squee!!! They are so darn cute, I can't even stand it!! Thank you SO much @@Lolo22!! I am the luckiest elf on the planet!!

And as if that wasn't enough, I got another package today from @@Sakura83, who was my giftee from last year. She got me a little thank you gift for being her Santa last year. She sent a cute little reindeer card and some Candies polishes and Sinful Colors Let Me Go, which is just such a super amazing color, the picture doesn't even do it justice. Thank you so very much, what a lovely surprise!! I had great fun shopping for you last year!!

image.jpg

The cat did not come with the polishes, that's my Polly being her nosy self...lol
Your very welcome, I was waiting until the right time to get you something and stalked you a little bit lol.  You were an awesome Santa so I wanted to give you a little something extra this holiday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah!! I'm so glad everything made it ok!! When I saw your wish list and your survey I knew right away that I was going to get Unicorn...it's something I would pick out for myself. And I love glitter polishes too, so you were super easy and fun to shop for. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm glad to hear the coffee was a good choice, my friend recently got a keurig and trying to buy coffee for you both was nerve wracking, there are SO many different flavors!! Lol....I just ended up going by the pictures on the box, it looked good to me!!

Oh, I ended up sending a card separately because I forgot something, did the card make it yet??
You really can't go wrong with any flavors. I've tried so many since I got mine in September and they've all been great!

I don't think a card has shown up yet, but I'm not sure if my parents checked the mail yet before I met up with them at my aunt's house today, I'll find out tomorrow for sure though!

Here's Unicorn by Picture-Polish! It was so hard to photograph it just right, but its this amazing bright blue with chunky silver glitter and pink micro glitter. Its really one of those glitters that's awesomely colorful without being *too* much glitter. The formula is great as well, Picture-Polish might be my new fave :x

DSCN2009.JPG

That is an amazing color, and it looks great on you!! When it came I stared at the bottle for like 5 minutes, it was just stunning.

I am so happy that you liked everything!! My hubby was with me when I bought the Snoopy DVD and he was like, we have that at home. I said it's not for me!! It's such a classic, and it's timeless. I don't know why but I just thought you needed it!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I must say ladies, very well done!! All of the gifts have been super fantastic!! I have even found myself checking out polishes that were given and thinking I have found one or two (or 10!!) that should be on my wishlist. And some of the extras were very cool, too. I would have been happy and honored to have any one of you wonderful ladies as my Santa.

I lost track of how many reveals we had, so I'm not sure if we're quite done or not, but I will say, logging in every day and seeing a new reveal has been the highlight of the season for me. No one in my "real" life shares my passion for nail polish, so to have a group dedicated to something so fun is wonderful. Now I must run off and decide which of my new pretties will be used first!!

Back