• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA BEAUTY INSIDER GIFT CARD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by edenmonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If USPS was the only shipping method available then UPS is not available in your area
frown.gif
but I'm glad to hear that it's on it's way.
That's the thing though, I make orders online 2x a month (or more) for the last six months at least and they always come UPS.  This is the one and only time that the free shipping option came via USPS. That's why I was wondering if it was just me.

Thanks for trying to make sense of it for me. Glad to have you & all your Sephora experience here on this forum
smile.gif

Hmmmmmm that's interesting. When you've placed orders in the past where they to the exact same address as this most recent order was shipped to? Another question, what did you purchase? Was it anything that had a spray to it i.e. an aerosol hairspray or something hazmat? Just trying to trouble shoot this strange one for ya :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's the thing though, I make orders online 2x a month (or more) for the last six months at least and they always come UPS.  This is the one and only time that the free shipping option came via USPS. That's why I was wondering if it was just me.

Thanks for trying to make sense of it for me. Glad to have you & all your Sephora experience here on this forum
smile.gif
Is it because your order was small? When I ordered only two Jack Black lip items, they sent it via USPS because it was so small and it was packaged in a bubble mailer instead of a box with the Sephora logo on it. It usually happens when it's small orders though.

The size of the package doesn't make a difference when we ship, I've purchased single items like a lipliner and I get them UPS regardless. It has to do with either the items she's purchasing or her location in SD and her shipping options. I just talked to our shipping lead and she's going to take a look into SD shipping options.

The size of the package doesn't make a difference when we ship, I've purchased single items like a lipliner and I get them UPS regardless. It has to do with either the items she's purchasing or her location in SD and her shipping options. I just talked to our shipping lead and she's going to take a look into SD shipping options.
I don't know, but it didn't happen to me just once, but a few times. When I order small items that aren't fragile lip balms, lipstick & such, they are often mailed in bubble mailers and from USPS. When it's something like blush, even if I order only one, or one eyeshadow, it will come in a box that is packaged really well probably because they will break easily if it's in a bubble mailer, so I don't know & I'm in San Francisco.. but if you say so I guess, this was just my assumption since it happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it because your order was small?
Hmmm, now that you mention it, it was smaller than usual. I only ordered one item (and my birthday gift) this time.  It was one of the Korres holiday kits with the lip butters &glosses.  The items in that kit are very small (had them before)& unbreakable so that could definitely be it. 

Quote: When you've placed orders in the past where they to the exact same address as this most recent order was shipped to? Another question, what did you purchase? Was it anything that had a spray to it i.e. an aerosol hairspray or something hazmat? Just trying to trouble shoot this strange one for ya :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No aerosols unless Korres has radically changed lip butter application haha.  I moved to this address 6 months ago which I think I meant to say when wondering why it was different from all my orders in the last six months. Used the same pre-saved account/mailing/billing info as always too.The code I used was the free shipping for becoming VIB (the one that comes in the e-mail with no order minimum requirement). Maybe that & the small order did it?

Please don't go to too much trouble trying to figure this out on my behalf. It hasn't inconvenienced me in the slightest. I'm just chalking it up as one of life's funny little mysteries.

That's interesting...I'm glad I'm hearing this cause it will be help me in our training sessions with our new hires and when we have our manager meetings. I'll pose this question to my boss as well to get his feedback on the issue. When you are placing your orders on Sephora.com doesn't it give you the ability to select your shipping methods? If my order is under 50 bucks and I have to pay for shipping I usually select UPS and pay for it so I can track it but I always have the option for USPS. It just sounds like what you are saying is that you aren't given a choice when your order is small and you are automatically getting USPS on your small orders, is this correct? Typically, right after you enter your shipping address our systems calculate which shipping methods are AVAILABLE in your area. Regardless of rural, suburban or city (like us both in SF) the shipping options presented to you at the time of order placement are the shipping methods available to you in your neighborhood. I'm going to triple check with our management staff to get a better understanding because what you've said I haven't heard before but there's a first for everything, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll get back to you on this to see what the dealio is so I can be better informed or we can figure out what's up with your orders. What neighborhood are you in in the city, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Mission and I get UPS with all my orders.

I just put in the free shipping code in & made sure it applied in my order summary.  It's been shipped UPS literally every other time, whether I pay shipping or not. I didn't look meticulously closely, other than to make sure I wasn't charged right before checkout. UPS is the default option when it's available in one's area, correct (unless it requires ground shipping due to contents)? I'm certain that has always been the selected option (that little bubble is always initially selected for UPS) for every single one of my previous orders and I have never manually chosen a different one, free shipping or not. Entering the VIB free shipping code is the only thing that was unusual in this order. If I try and replicate my order checkout process by adding the same item without the free shipping code, UPS is the shipping option that is selected & I would have kept it that way. UPS is always cheaper, faster, and better at tracking.  

and I don't think you're talking to me about neighborhoods? my town is only 10,000 people & a little over four square miles. We don't have many neighborhoods haha.

That's interesting...I'm glad I'm hearing this cause it will be help me in our training sessions with our new hires and when we have our manager meetings. I'll pose this question to my boss as well to get his feedback on the issue. When you are placing your orders on Sephora.com doesn't it give you the ability to select your shipping methods? If my order is under 50 bucks and I have to pay for shipping I usually select UPS and pay for it so I can track it but I always have the option for USPS. It just sounds like what you are saying is that you aren't given a choice when your order is small and you are automatically getting USPS on your small orders, is this correct? Typically, right after you enter your shipping address our systems calculate which shipping methods are AVAILABLE in your area. Regardless of rural, suburban or city (like us both in SF) the shipping options presented to you at the time of order placement are the shipping methods available to you in your neighborhood. I'm going to triple check with our management staff to get a better understanding because what you've said I haven't heard before but there's a first for everything, right? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll get back to you on this to see what the dealio is so I can be better informed or we can figure out what's up with your orders. What neighborhood are you in in the city, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Mission and I get UPS with all my orders.
When paying for shipping I just choose the default one, which says UPS, but ends up being USPS sometimes. I'm also in the Mission so I don't think the area is the problem.

I live in a rural area and occasionally packages shipped via UPS are delivered to my town by UPS and then turned over to USPS for delivery to my house. It is really strange, since most packages come directly to my home via UPS. This hasn't happened with Sephora, but it has with other companies from time to time.

I had the same problem last night. I placed an order using the free shipping code and shipping would only be deducted if I chose USPS not UPS so now I'm worried that the Christmas gift won't get here by next Monday. 

Back