• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA BEAUTY INSIDER GIFT CARD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine complains all the time too but he can't exactly tell me how to spend my own money 
eusa_naughty.gif
Same with mine...he can however get angry when I start leaving pieces of my hoard at his house...in the bathroom, in is drawer, in his closet...lol. And I agree, our BFs need a support group of their own haha.

I quickly did this right before midnight last night.  Glad I remembered.  I wish I could have looked at different codes, but it was so late.  I purchased the 1 oz. Chloe perfume and got a shave bar deluxe size as a free prize. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same with mine...he can however get angry when I start leaving pieces of my hoard at his house...in the bathroom, in is drawer, in his closet...lol. And I agree, our BFs need a support group of their own haha.
I know right? I kind of feel sorry for them because to them it seems like a total waste of hard earned money 
eusa_wall.gif

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I quickly did this right before midnight last night.  Glad I remembered.  I wish I could have looked at different codes, but it was so late.  I purchased the 1 oz. Chloe perfume and got a shave bar deluxe size as a free prize. 

Me too, I wish I knew about the Buxom code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> At first I went for that Ojon duo but then I realized that my value kit qualifies for a free shipping code so I figured I would rather save 6 bucks than get 2 hair samples. 

My boyfriend calls me a hoarder all the time, especially since I always have to keep my makeup's packaging (the plastic sleeve) so the packaging of the item itself does not get dirty, so it takes up more room. However, he is very supportive with my makeup and nail polish addiction and he sometimes let me keep some things at his house when I run out of room =x He would never get angry because he knows all that makeup I have makes me happy, lol.

I live with mine, he has to deal with my goo hoarding on daily basis, in his room, the bathroom, the dinning room where I keep my make up(nobody ever has time to eat here, so  we have a computer on the table and I do my make up here)... and yes I bet to them it's just a waste of money, poor things they do need their own support group! XD

My fiance doesn't seem to understand why I need so much when I don't even wear a full face of makeup everyday. I seriously just like having it and looking at it (hoarder  x 10000) But he has started to look at this as a hobby of mine and that there could be worse things that I spend money on. I've tried to trim down my stash and limit my hoarding by selling some unused stuff on ebay so that makes it seem better to him.

Has anyone else's GC order shipped differently than normal?  I used a free shipping code, but I don't think that should make a difference? Instead of UPS, this time they used USPS Priority.  I got the "your order has been shipped" e-mail a week ago but since then it's just been going back and forth and back and forth between Joppa, MD and Baltimore, MD.....I live in South Dakota!  Usually Sephora shipping is fantastic & really quick.

Anyone else's shipping differently?

Let me try to explain this again....so to answer your question about using multiple gift cards on a single order on sephora.com you CAN. You just need to leave a SPACE between the individual gift cards. Ex: 6075786934567654 60645637654237483 etc. HOWEVER, the promotional BI/VIB gc's that were given out to clients CANNOT be combined. Those gift cards are linked to individual BI card numbers. For instance, I couldn't give my gc number to my friend to use ONLINE because my gift card is linked to my beauty rewards card. If people have reported being able to do so then they r either lying or the order was placed on their end and then later canceled by our Fraud department. I work for Sephora Corporate, sephora.com and in the Fraud department and I explain this to clients on the daily. The ONLY way you can use multiple promotional gift cards is in store and by making several different 50 dollar purchases and then using those BI/VIB gc's separately on those purchases. Hope this helps and clarifies for next year. FYI, some orders can get passed us but we do keep an eye on those accounts for future purchases.

Has anyone else's GC order shipped differently than normal?  I used a free shipping code, but I don't think that should make a difference? Instead of UPS, this time they used USPS Priority.  I got the "your order has been shipped" e-mail a week ago but since then it's just been going back and forth and back and forth between Joppa, MD and Baltimore, MD.....I live in South Dakota!  Usually Sephora shipping is fantastic & really quick. Anyone else's shipping differently?

Hey Brenn, I work for Sephora corporate, sephora.com. For future reference, always opt for UPS. When u choose USPS it takes longer because it's the US Postal service and especially during the holiday season it's very unpredictable and you can't track you package as well as you can with UPS. If u select USPS, even if its priority, it's still just the regular mail but with limited tracking and let's face it......that's snail mail plus add extra delays due to Xmas. If can be any where from 7-12 business days. UPS to SD I believe is usually 4-5 business days for future reference.

Quote: Hey Brenn, I work for Sephora corporate, sephora.com. For future reference, always opt for UPS. When u choose USPS it takes longer because it's the US Postal service and especially during the holiday season it's very unpredictable and you can't track you package as well as you can with UPS. If u select USPS, even if its priority, it's still just the regular mail but with limited tracking and let's face it......that's snail mail plus add extra delays due to Xmas. If can be any where from 7-12 business days. UPS to SD I believe is usually 4-5 business days for future reference.

I don't think it let me choose so that must have been the autoselected free shipping option with the code for making VIB.  It's not a big deal by any means; I ordered some fun stuff for myself. I don't need it by a certain date.  It's just a bit amusing to see it go back and forth halfway across the country, when I just want to play with it now!

Thanks so much for the quick answer & I'll make sure to keep an eye on that in future orders.

BTW, has anyone ever had anything weird like this happen to their BI accounts?

...how can I need to spend MORE than the yearly amount required to reach VIB? I'm not VIB as you can see from my top bar already... I did buy something and return it earlier this year but actually wtf?

ohhhh I get it now :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry brain fart XD but it did happen to me I had spend enough to be a VIB and it said: you need to spend $66 -.-'

BTW, has anyone ever had anything weird like this happen to their BI accounts? ...how can I need to spend MORE than the yearly amount required to reach VIB? I'm not VIB as you can see from my top bar already... I did buy something and return it earlier this year but actually wtf?

It's because you've returned stuff. The Beauty Insider program is a rewards program, as you already know. Every dollar you spend you earn a point and those points collect in your beauty bank. When you return stuff those points are deducted and so does the dollar spend you've contributed. Sephora requires you spend $350 in 1 calendar year to qualify for VIB. If buy something like 50 bucks worth of stuff then it will say you are 300 bucks away from the VIB program. If you then next day return those items then you are back at 350. If you are over 350, like you are, then you've returned stuff and not purchased stuff towards the VIB goal. ORRRRRRR if you didn't then by accident somebody used your account by accident or on purpose when returning something. Ex: this lady returned about 400 dollars worth of stuff the other day, without a receipt, at a store then came back the next day and she was upset because she was like 4.00 away from VIB status but that return put her now at 465.00 dollars away from VIB status. it was because of her return. She was actually returning crap from like 2 years prior. Regardless, we at corporate can see everything down to the way you paid at the registrar and who's card was used......so if you didn't return anything call us at customer service and we can research it. ALWAYS look at your receipt to make sure the cast member got your rewards card on both the purchase and the return. I see it all the time at the store level cast members NOT getting your rewards card or the WRONG account getting credit or debited so your purchase isn't recorded and then u return and it puts your spend over the 350 needed to be a VIB. I know that sounds like a lot of mumbo jumbo but just think of it like this. CHECKS & BALANCES. If u buy something we give u points and move you closer to the VIB goal, if you return we take back the points and move you farther way from the goal. Typically when I see people over the 350 VIB goal it's one of the following; (1) the purchase was never recorded but the return is now being recorded, (2) the item being returned was never purchased by the card holder (3) you may have more than 1 rewards account open. Hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back