• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Chic Week 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They make some great products! I really liked the seaweed night cream!
Good to know!! Think I'll try out some more products when I run out of this stuff (which could be sooner than later, I use it a few times a day when I'm not wearing any makeup!). 

OH and I just placed a 15% off Sephora order: 

$12.00  

First Aid Beauty / Ultra Repair Cream 2 oz

$24.00  

Tarte / Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light-Medium

$40.00

Sephora Favorites / Beauty & The Bride 

Plus 3 samples, of course. I've never tried any of the Sephora Favorites before, and this was the only one available online that was makeup related (not perfume)... even though I was looking for the Bronze one a few have mentioned in this thread. Really excited to try the Tarte concealer. On the hunt for a really moisturizing, creaseless under eye concealer. I've been dabbing my deluxe sample of JM's Argan Oil Cream under my eyes during work after using Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in the mornings. I'm only 26, but I have some miserable under eye wrinkles/creases & dryness. 

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't love it but only used it twice.. Now I feel bad like I didn't give it A fair chance! Haha. I'll try it again this next week. Did you try out the drying cream? It helps so much with bumps/congestion (for lack of a better word lol) overnight so there is less to pick at. :-D

I ordered the Drying Cream from Nordstroms, free shipping plus 3 samples.
I was looking at the drying cream, actually. I get pimples really deep in the skin (no white heads really), I forget what they're called. Almost like a cyst, I guess? Maybe that will help! Thanks for the recommendation! 

How do you get the Tarte creaseless concealer to not look all wonky?? I feel like its creasing and settling into the one line I have under my eye. I am setting it with powder :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it looks sooooo good for like 15 minutes but then I have to pat/blend out more throughout the day.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you get the Tarte creaseless concealer to not look all wonky?? I feel like its creasing and settling into the one line I have under my eye. I am setting it with powder
frown.gif
it looks sooooo good for like 15 minutes but then I have to pat/blend out more throughout the day.
aaaaand there goes my excitement. Haha.

aaaaand there goes my excitement. Haha.
Lol whoops. NOOO I do really like it! I just don't think I'm doing it correctly. When the sales lady put it on me it looked good all day! I might be putting on either too much product or powder or not blending enough? I've continued to blend with my finger this morning (3 hours after application) and it looks way better. I think I need to take more time putting stuff on. Even with my line problem I would still recommend it to people.

See if you can get a sample of the Snasbox under eye primer for concealer. It definitely makes a difference for me.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow...hope you upload a pic when you receive your goodies! 

I've been curious about the PTR complexion correction pads, but I'm worried that the alcohol will dry out/irritate my skin. Since you've re-purchased it, I'm guessing that you must love it!
I do!  I prefer the max complexion correction pads to the gentle ones - they didn't seem to do anything.  My skincare routine doesn't seem complete without some kind of toner.  It does dry out my skin, but it works and I use moisturizers (yes, plural), so it's all good.

Thanks for the tip regarding max vs. gentle...I'll try these out the next time that I am at Sephora 
smile.gif

How do you get the Tarte creaseless concealer to not look all wonky?? I feel like its creasing and settling into the one line I have under my eye. I am setting it with powder
frown.gif
it looks sooooo good for like 15 minutes but then I have to pat/blend out more throughout the day.
I seem to have better luck with applying it with a brush instead of my fingers.

I seem to have better luck with applying it with a brush instead of my fingers.
I've been applying it with the pro airbrush sephora brush (#57? What a mouth full!) I'll try again tomorrow!

I think I use the Clinique Toner/Clarifying Lotion/Whatever its called (#2? I honestly don't remember. wow im useless.) and I like it! I used to just use Witch Hazel from target and that works fine too but thats not helping you with shipping 
redface.gif

To get free shipping when I had an $8 gap, I picked up the Daily Brush Cleaning Spray and a couple of those body wash capsules. 
How do you like it btw? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I use the Clinique in #3 though, but I love it too

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

5 orders...Wowza!  But I can't comment, I think I've had 3 orders this month myself...thanks to the UD vault (
ooops.gif
) and the Chic week samples I had to get.

I like the Ken Gen Do cleansing oil.  It is soothing and removes my UD liners and waterproof mascaras pretty easy.  I put a few drops on a cotton pad and hold on my eye for a 5 or so seconds and it all wipes away really easy.  I'm on my 3rd bottle since Glossybox introduced us to it and it is reasonably priced for the smaller size.

So my Chic Week:

1. In store I picked up a Bumble & Bumble shampoo for colored hair, Murad's Clarifying Cleanser, and an extra bottle of Ken Gen Do to stock up on.

2. Today I got sad news: my Smashbox brush set I ordered wasn't going to be fulfilled.  So, I went shopping on Sephora!  I got Urban Decay's 24/7 shadow pencil in Wasteland (it's no longer on UD's site so I'm afraid it might be going away...), the Benefit mini set "Gettin' Cheeky", a UD Moondust shadow in Zodiac for a total of $57.  Instead of using the 15% though I went for the Amore Pacific offer because that shizz is expensive and everything I've tried by that company is amazing... It's probably worth more than the $8 bucks the 15% would have gotten me, too.
Oh, I'm so jelly you got the vault! lol

I have a feeling Ken Gen Do is going to be my new luxury item! I tried their emollient cream and OH MY, I'm addicted!

Hey, I noticed Asphyxia isn't online, but it's at the store...is it going away too? I thought it was new-ish? Am I wrong?

I was looking at the drying cream, actually. I get pimples really deep in the skin (no white heads really), I forget what they're called. Almost like a cyst, I guess? Maybe that will help! Thanks for the recommendation! 
I think that is cystic acne? That's what I would get on my chin from touching it. I haven't had one since last fall when I started using this. (Knock on wood) I think it just keeps everything clear enough that it doesn't get deeper.

How do you get the Tarte creaseless concealer to not look all wonky?? I feel like its creasing and settling into the one line I have under my eye. I am setting it with powder :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it looks sooooo good for like 15 minutes but then I have to pat/blend out more throughout the day.
. I put it on my ring fingers and rub together to warm it up and then pat it on. Sometimes it does crease about twenty min later but I just pat it again and all is well. It covers my circles so much that I don't mind the extra step. I don't apply a setting powder, I feel like it gets to dry.

I think that is cystic acne? That's what I would get on my chin from touching it. I haven't had one since last fall when I started using this. (Knock on wood) I think it just keeps everything clear enough that it doesn't get deeper.
Cystic! That's it. Yeah I really only get them on my chin since I touch it so much. Whenever I'm laying around or sleeping, I always have a blanket pulled up & touching my chin. I think it's a habit from trying to cover my face so whoever I was with wouldn't see my skin problems... but now it's just doing more harm than good! Habit I'm trying to put an end to.. but I think this drying cream will work if it works for you. I've never ordered anything from Nordstrom, I had no idea they have free shipping with no minimum!! 

So you got the drying cream not the drying lotion, right? Are they both essentially the same thing?

Cystic! That's it. Yeah I really only get them on my chin since I touch it so much. Whenever I'm laying around or sleeping, I always have a blanket pulled up & touching my chin. I think it's a habit from trying to cover my face so whoever I was with wouldn't see my skin problems... but now it's just doing more harm than good! Habit I'm trying to put an end to.. but I think this drying cream will work if it works for you. I've never ordered anything from Nordstrom, I had no idea they have free shipping with no minimum!!  So you got the drying cream not the drying lotion, right? Are they both essentially the same thing?
correct, the cream, which is kind of like a creamy clay type texture. I haven't tried the lotion, which I think is a liquid. If you go to Mario's site, you can do a quiz on your skin type and a few days later you will get an email asking if you would like some samples..that's how I first tried the drying cream. This really has been a game changer for my chin as I'm 32 and seriously doubt I will ever learn to stop touching my chin. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Editing to add that I love that it's totally affordable..

correct, the cream, which is kind of like a creamy clay type texture. I haven't tried the lotion, which I think is a liquid. If you go to Mario's site, you can do a quiz on your skin type and a few days later you will get an email asking if you would like some samples..that's how I first tried the drying cream. This really has been a game changer for my chin as I'm 32 and seriously doubt I will ever learn to stop touching my chin.
wink.gif

Editing to add that I love that it's totally affordable..
Nice!! I will definitely check out the site & see if I can get some samples before purchasing. Thank you!

How do you like it btw? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I use the Clinique in #3 though, but I love it too
I think I use #3 also, I don't remember. I looove the cleaning spray. It makes me feel so clean! I don't have too many brushes so I feel less weird about using one brush for different shades of blush or bouncing between foundation and TM.

. I put it on my ring fingers and rub together to warm it up and then pat it on. Sometimes it does crease about twenty min later but I just pat it again and all is well. It covers my circles so much that I don't mind the extra step. I don't apply a setting powder, I feel like it gets to dry.
I'll try it that way tomorrow. I read somewhere that it creases badly if you don't set it with a powder -- but I'll try it without!

I'll try it that way tomorrow. I read somewhere that it creases badly if you don't set it with a powder -- but I'll try it without!
Have you thought to try setting spray? Goss has a vid where he used a wedge sponge dampened with setting spray on the under eye area before and after concealer. Try that.

I think I use #3 also, I don't remember. I looove the cleaning spray. It makes me feel so clean! I don't have too many brushes so I feel less weird about using one brush for different shades of blush or bouncing between foundation and TM.
#3 = pink #2 purple :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm glad you liked it, I love this thing! The only thing it doesn't clean that well is thick foundation/bb cream after sitting for a few days 

Back