September 2012 Official No/Low Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Played, yay for you! @ Amber.. why'd you tempt me?! Lol, I deleted that email without peeking! Jk.. that is a good deal, though. Other news, ladies, I'm doing good on my budget. Finally dug through my coupons and went to my local drugstores for those ELF palettes. No luck, but I got some more Revlon foundation, nail stuff, soaps, lip balms, razors, and other household items for me and my fam bam. I only spent $20.01,.and saved close to $60!! I think I spent $12 total on makeup or personal beauty products, so I was ecstatic lol. Forgot how much $$$ I save when I dig out the coupons and do my math right. Felt good and everything I bought will get used..

Had about 70 $ of stuff in my sephora cart and then quickly walked away! I do not Need any skincare items...need to stay strong.

Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had about 70 $ of stuff in my sephora cart and then quickly walked away! I do not Need any skincare items...need to stay strong.
What you just described is my version of online window shopping
smile.gif
.  Sometimes that's all I need to get it out of my system.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What you just described is my version of online window shopping
smile.gif
.  Sometimes that's all I need to get it out of my system.
I like to test myself.  I put things in the cart if I can't help myself.  Then I close the window. I figure if I NEED/LOVE it, I will remember in 3 days. If not, then I really didn't need/love it.

Okay, I bought four candles today and the Cinnamon Sugared Donut smells so good, I want to eat it. In other news, I am watching Friday Night Beauty on QVC and I'm about to crack... Tarte Foundation and Brush Perricone MD Blue Plasma (scaring me a little but seems cool. The animation they show where the little water drops are filling the pores is pulling me in). I'm only two items in and I have my phone in hand...hopefully, I fall asleep all of a sudden. Lol.

I broke my no buy earlier this month, then stayed with it through the rest of the month until Saturday.  I found a (new, unopened) basket at a rummage salewith some Neal's Yard brand stuff in it.  I love Neal's Yard.  It is so expensive.  This was 4 products, 3 full size, for $2.50.  An unbelievable deal.  So I didn't do much damage to the budget, but I am not helping myself clear out any space...I'm looking forward to October, and trying again.

Hi ladies, I am joining this!! I need to readjust from full time employment (last year) to full time BROKE grad student (which I am now) 

I am going to try to do one of those "list the stuff I have and not buy anything till I use it up" things. What do we call those?

I plan to go no-buy (beauty stuff) for October, so I'm starting to read here now to get into the mood...  I've gotten so much new stuff lately, skincare and such, and I'd really love to give myself a chance to see how it all works!

I swear I go into some type of psychosis every time I see false eyelashes. I am not good at putting them on, but for some reason, I keep buying them. Somehow it is like "if I buy this brand I will be able to apply them easily", then I end up at home yelling at myself in the mirror, "see dummy you still can't do it!".
banghead.gif
 Same thing with mascara. I am getting on the bandwagon and saving my money for at least a month!

very proud of myself today.  Went to Sephora to the Skin iq event.  Picked up my free samples and left without buying anything  making progress. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I need to try again for Oct.  I totally blew Sept, with all the Butter London deals, Beauty Sage sale, and 50%off the Popsugar bag.  Monday, I try again.

I did OK for September. I mostly resisted all the sales. I gave in to the Kiehl's Friends & Family but managed to avoid most other temptations. I did spend too much money putting together a makeup bag of essentials for my sister but left Ulta without buying anything for myself. 

very proud of myself today.  Went to Sephora to the Skin iq event.  Picked up my free samples and left without buying anything  making progress. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
nice work!!!!!

icon_cheesygrin.gif
That was a sick bag of freebies, no? I ended up buying a concealer bfr I left though :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

very proud of myself today.  Went to Sephora to the Skin iq event.  Picked up my free samples and left without buying anything  making progress.  :icon_chee
I recently updated my e-mail address with Sephora and have completely stopped receiving any communication since then! I'm excited for you! If you don't mind me asking...what was in the sample bags? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back