September 2012 Official No/Low Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.sephora.com/skincareiqevents

I got exactly what was in the pict...

Algenist firming cream, 0.5oz

Dr Jart premium BB cream 0.33floz

Shisedo cleanser was 1.8oz

Hope in a jar was 1 floz.

When I called to make an appointment yesterday, there were still a lot of slots open....it's worth a try if the sephora near you is participating. PS - I actually got the invite through the Allure beauty enthusiast email list. 

same  everything in the picture the bag isnt great buy hey it was free!..  the samples were huge plus the salesperson gave me a few others of some other products I wanted to try.  I love  sephora!

*Sigh*  Two more days until the buying freeze.  =( 
wink.gif
  I just started getting beauty boxes a few months ago, thinking they'd curb my need to buy stuff, but they seem to have increased my shopping.  How's that work?! 

I've only been overbuying on a big scale for the last three months or so, though, really.  Started just around when I joined Weight Watchers after having refused to weigh myself for a couple years.  That's put everything that makes me feel ugly in the spotlight, so I guess that's why I've been "needing" to buy stuff that I hope will make me feel pretty.  Hope realizing what I'm doing and why will help me be successful putting the breaks on!  And I'm not shutting off the boxes, after all.  And I can start Christmas shopping instead! 
santa.gif

Definitely wanna pick up a backup of my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control lotion this weekend.  I can get breakouts that just refuse to clear when I don't use it, and I'm close to the end.  That should be all I actually need to make it through a month with no new beauty buys...

Just looking at the Sephora bag - I got Dr. Jart from BB this month.  Don't like it.  It stayed wet on my skin for so long, I didn't have time in the morning to wait for it.  Even if I put it on before I dried my hair, it didn't seem to have dried even a little by the time I was done!  Weird...

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.sephora.com/skincareiqevents

I got exactly what was in the pict...

Algenist firming cream, 0.5oz

Dr Jart premium BB cream 0.33floz

Shisedo cleanser was 1.8oz

Hope in a jar was 1 floz.

When I called to make an appointment yesterday, there were still a lot of slots open....it's worth a try if the sephora near you is participating. PS - I actually got the invite through the Allure beauty enthusiast email list. 
I want that bag!!!

Nice bag! I'm joining this group bc I need to go on a no buy until the Sephora FF sale. To me, it seems like the best time to buy makeup since the holiday sets are such an amazing deal. My hope is to just splurge and get a lot of stuff to hopefully hold me over and keep myself on a low buy for several months. So far my shopping list is a little over $800 so to justify that I'll be doing a no buy until the sale. I'm currently spending abt $200/week on beauty so if I save for the next few weeks I should be able to get everything I want. Plus this will be the perfect opportunity to use up some stuff from my subs.

I just spent the last hour or so sorting through all my sub boxes and samples. I had Ulta and Sephora Bags sitting in my closet from about two months ago when I started my low/no buy and yeah...I have a lot of samples to get through. There are some pretty cool ones, too like the Watts Up and glosses and blushes, etc. It kinda helped me realize I don't have a need to buy much right now (even though I do plan to purchase a few things next month during the VIB events). I basically took all my samples, mini puchases and categorized them in the now empty sub boxes (skin care, lip stuff, eye make up, perfumes, etc.) I also remember someone saying they take some of their extra products and make little goody bags for friends/family. I wasn't sure how people would feel about that but found out that people must really love it because the few times I have given one or two samples to some of my co workers, it seems to make the day a little brighter. On that note, today, I tried a bunch of my samples: Sebastian Shampoo and Conditioner CellCeuticals Extra Gentle Cleanser Ole Henriksen Truth Serum ( I was nervous to try this incase it broke me out but put it on anyway...do you all put lotion on over it?) Tam Dao Fragrance Melvita Hand Cream Ellis Faas Creamy Lips (seems pretty nice) I wasn't sure where to put this but thought it fit in here because this is helping to keep me from buying things. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice bag! I'm joining this group bc I need to go on a no buy until the Sephora FF sale. To me, it seems like the best time to buy makeup since the holiday sets are such an amazing deal. My hope is to just splurge and get a lot of stuff to hopefully hold me over and keep myself on a low buy for several months. So far my shopping list is a little over $800 so to justify that I'll be doing a no buy until the sale. I'm currently spending abt $200/week on beauty so if I save for the next few weeks I should be able to get everything I want. Plus this will be the perfect opportunity to use up some stuff from my subs.
What/when is the Sephora FF sale?

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The dates I'm hearing for this year are October 18 - October 31 but don't quote me on that.
What exactly is it? Just a biiiig sale? AH! I'm so psyched. 

All of my stuff is overwhelming me, especially the surplus of samples I have. So I'm going to talk to my mom and see if she would like some for a gift basket. She runs the Employee Association at her work (my soon to be work-study/volunteer site) and they often have raffles, but employee morale is low now I guess and the Employee Association events are few and far between.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Obviously only new/sealed items.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All of my stuff is overwhelming me, especially the surplus of samples I have. So I'm going to talk to my mom and see if she would like some for a gift basket. She runs the Employee Association at her work (my soon to be work-study/volunteer site) and they often have raffles, but employee morale is low now I guess and the Employee Association events are few and far between.

Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Obviously only new/sealed items.
I think this is a GREAT idea!

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is an annual sale, 20% off no exclusions up to $500.
I've been shopping there for YEARS. how did I not know about this?

I've been shopping there for YEARS. how did I not know about this?
I thought you were just joking when you asked what it was...oops. It's amazing...sigh. I was just thinking earlier that if I save like ten dollars a week starting in January...I would have a bunch saved up for the promo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought you were just joking when you asked what it was...oops. It's amazing...sigh. I was just thinking earlier that if I save like ten dollars a week starting in January...I would have a bunch saved up for the promo.
smile.gif
No, I wish I was joking! 

Aww.
frown.gif

Well, thankfully, you know going forward...right?
smile.gif
Indeed I do!! Except I'm scared to order Sephora  online now because some as***** stole it from outside of my apartment! Guess I'll have to send it to my parents house or something. 

Indeed I do!! Except I'm scared to order Sephora  online now because some as***** stole it from outside of my apartment! Guess I'll have to send it to my parents house or something. 
Just another reason to go shop in the store and play with all the shimmer and sparkle. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I plan on going to a Sephora very far from my house as it is much bigger and am not a fan of the one closest to me. What's on your wish list? I was thinking of starting a wishlist thread but wasn't sure... I figure it would not be a good idea to put all that shopping temptation in this low/no buy thread...

Back