Seriously - What's With All the Blonde Jokes?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, there seems to be a plethora (pretty big word for a blonde, huh?) of degrading blonde jokes going on around here. They're not really all that funny if you stop and think about it. I haven't come across any brunette jokes - or redhead jokes. Anyone that thinks blondes are even SLIGHTLY less intelligent than anyone else needs to have their own IQ tested because they're obviously operating at a suboptimal level. By the way - this blonde's about to have an MBA in a few months, so let's not judge people by their hair color alright?

i really don't think any of those blonde jokes should ever be taken seriously. i am sorry if it offends you. but it is just a joke and you should just ignore it. and you know, not all jokes are funny even though they are classified that way!

congrats on the mba! way to go!

You're actually upset about those jokes? I don't know anyone in their right mind who takes them seriously!

I disagree with you all... Maybe you girls dont hang out with guys much but any guy that tells a blonde joke most certianly things blonds are dumb... I hate to break it to you girls but I hang out with guys and I hear them talk bad about blond girls quite often... I dont want to repeat. But alot of times when a guy tells a blond joke to him its half serious and alot of guys that find a good blonde joke super hilarious do think blonds are lower then most other girls...

I have heaard guys say I should go for that girl, shes blonde she wont even know im ugly or something like that. Thats not a joke, thats just cruel in my oppinion... It seems now days some guys take blond jokes way over the limit. Its like saying they dont take it serious, that is like saying a white guy saying a racist joke about a black person and saying he isnt a racist and that everybody from occasion enjoys a good racist black joke. No wrong, both these are very similiar.

Okay then everyone - who would be offended if someone posted a joke about...let's see, how about some good racist jokes - about Asions or African Americans? How about some JOKES about the terminally ill - or the homeless? Would those be considered JOKES? I mean, you could call it a JOKE - but would a kind person really find them funny? Whether a person is mocked because of their age, race, religion, OR hair color - it's still a form of discrimination.

Thank you Tyler - I'm glad someone can see things from a realistic point of view!

Tyler - I totally see what you're saying, but this isn't a forum with a bunch of cruel guys. This is a forum with a bunch of fun-loving girls mixed with a few guys who are not malicious or hurtful. So pertaining to what goes on her at MUT, yes, I think it's an overreaction to take these jokes seriously. Out in the real world, it can very well be a different story.

Princess - I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt. You seem like a very intelligent person and I don't think anyone was ever questioning your intelligence or any other blondes intelligence on here.

Oh I didnt think she ment MUT I thought she ment blonde jokes in general my bad... Umm... ya.... Princess did you mean MUT or blonde jokes period?

I agree. I could care less if someone makes racist jokes. I make them all the time and my family and SO are many differnt races who CARES? ITS A DANG JOKE.

personally, I find most people blond, brunette or whatever to be greatly stupid anyway.

Kristen I still dont agree... Just because you say it was a joke doesnt mean its a joke. Thhats like me going out and punching someone in the face and then saying man why are you so mad it was only a joke... or calling a black guy a so and so and then say its a joke... Just cuz you say its a joke doesnt mean it is. My dad does that with me, calls me an idiot all teh time but then says hes joking. Its not a joke, people just say that so you wont get mad at them....

Also you last comment on people being stupid I think was a dumb thing to say.

Well what you dad does is really not a *joke* I'm talking about a really genuine just for laughs, haha, kind of joke is nothing to be offended about. Now what your guy friends do is very rude and it isn't fair to judge that way. Once one of my teachers said that a joke is really not a joke because what you say is what you really mean. I think this is true in many cases. Tyler I also live in a very Urban area, where there are lots of rich smart people and the other end also. But from a day to day basis, (no age bias here) it seem that most people are just so darn stupid, and ignorant, even the educated ones act this way.

The kind of thing you're desribing isn't a joke. A joke to me has a clear setup and punch line. Punching someone or calling someone a name can be made in a joking manner...but it's never a joke.

sometimes when calling a person a name is a joke, it just depends on the context, content of what is going on. I'll can the love of my life up on the phone and way "what are you doing B!tch?" Now I only do this every once and a while but its a complete joke because when I say it that way and he knows I'm kidding and we both laugh.

Your right I see what you 2 are saying, but im just saying jokes can be taken too far. Kristen when you say my friends aare rude by what they say, how is it any different then girls around MUT telling a blond joke?? Yes my friends or guys for that matter can just be very insulting, but blonde jokes can be insulting as well... Some of them can be very harsh.. I dont see anyone around here telling a racist joke.... You can sit there and say we dont mean anything by racist jokes but most racist jokes about black people have the N word in it and that can be very insulting for white people to call tehm that even in a joke....

I hope im not sounding like a real party killer here but this is an interesting topic, I just want to share my views on this. IM not trying to be mean by any means here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just want to give my input in a non rude way. So dont take offense to this.

Yes that is a joke to some.... Some that come from religious familes dont take that as a joke and can get offended. That is what my point is, just watch who you say that too... I know I can make jokes to alot of my friends but I cant make the same jokes to some of the girls on here because they would get offended.

See, blond jokes here on mut are for FUN. Just a laugh for everyone. What your friends do are HONEST degrading from they're on personally feelings, jokes here are what people see an try to keep it light hearted. I make coloring/racsit jokes w/ my friends of nationalities that I am or they are, and even then they will laugh and agree that some people fit the stereo type but it is not fair to judge all that way.

ok maybe im wrong but does anybody watch family guy by any chance? i personally think its hilarious, and everything on there is racist but hey its funny! i would never go around saying those jokes or comments because thats not me but i have to laugh when i hear them! im mexican american so yeah they make comments about mexicans and on mad tv, i still watch it, im not offended its funny, it is what it is. life shouldnt be taken too seriously, c'mon doesnt anybody watch "your mama?" if you can tell (and take) a mama joke then s--t you cant handle a blonde joke?

Rude.. shmude... it's all in the pursuit of knowledge, harmony, and understanding. That was very hippie, huh? lol...

Yup I agree with you both and yes Family Guy is Hilarious but its not hilarious to lots of people. I know lots here that find it very offensive and cant stand to watch it.

BTW I dont think she ment here on mut, I think she ment blonde jokes period... Where did you all get she ment MUT??? If that is the case I guess its no big deal... but I could see how maybe someone might get sick of them after seeing them over and over and over again. Also Kristen you m ust have nice friends, I have never made a racist joke with a coloured friend of mine.... Actually to be honest I dont really have any black friends. I know a couple but they arent my friends so I guess i cant comment because I dont know what its like.

Ya you lost me hahaha.

oh ok so princess 6828 are you hearing the blonde jokes like constantly like in the work place or peers? because then i can relate too much of anything can be like "shut the f--k up already" but as for the jokes just in general thats just taking it too personally. IMO

Back