Seriously - What's With All the Blonde Jokes?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
princess wow i just read this thread im sorry if your feelings got hurt i feel bad is that why i havent seen you much on here? well dont pay attention to those joke's or take it personel how about the saying blonde's have more fun thats so not true im brunette and have had my share of wild crazy fun.. haha i feel bad and dont know what to say other than come back i miss you!!

Princess, I'm also sorry you are offended by the jokes....

But just to state my opinion on the matter... I've never taken blonde jokes seriously, and I've never known anyone who seriously thought blondes were less intelligent than any other hair color. (Though according to Tyler, I guess those people are out there -- and that is sad!) I've always just thought of blonde jokes as a joke that could be applied to any ditzy girl, and since blonde has come to stereotype ditzy I just go with it....

And for the record, I am a natural blonde, but I was valedictorian in my high school, I have a Masters degree in Computer Science, and I now work as a software engineer (computer programmer)! But I am still not offended by blonde jokes, since I know they are jokes! The only time I've ever been offended by a blonde joke was when a guy who was constantly making derragatory racist and sexist remarks told me a blonde joke -- and that was only because I knew he was a mean person and he wasn't doing it just to be funny! But otherwise, I laugh at blonde jokes and even tell them myself!

In fact, for the first few weeks of college I had fun playing the typical ditzy blonde stereotype (since no one in college knew me from high school, where I was stereotyped as the school nerd), and then it was so fun to tell them I was a Computer Science major! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It was even more fun in my computer classes when I got higher test scores than the boys ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Heehee!! Girl geek, that sounds a little bit like me (only smarter)! I love shattering people's preconcieved notions based solely on the way I look.

People ask what I want to do/be and I rattle off my whole little list of "I'm currently pursuing a Master's in Counseling Psychology and once that's done I'm going to apply to a doctoral program in Clinical Psychology and then I'm going to study dance & movement therapy." Their eyes bug out of their heads. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also like to debate with the people trying to get you to sign petitions because they seem to expect everyone to be dumb and sign whatever's put in front of them. I debated the validity of the proposition for which they were collecting signatures and the guy just stood there with his mouth open and told me I wasn't a typical California blonde.

Every now and then I'll stare someone down when they tell an especially stupid or offensive blonde joke, but otherwise I think they're funny. I make jokes at my own expense (although usually that's about my brain needing a caffeine kickstart) and I tease my brunette coworker, who can be a little ditzy from time to time, by saying that she dyes her roots dark. It's all in fun (for me).

I know plenty of smart blonds, who make blonde jokes. I know brilliant engineers who make engineering jokes. I know americans who joke about americans. Iknow priests who make all kinds of catholic jokes. No one thinks your dumb, and the percentage of people who think blondes are actually dumb, are the stupid ones. FOr the most part, any joke that is told is an insult to someone. Very few jokes can please everyone (cept for the stupid jokes that kids tell)....Not reallly sure where the line would be drawn though.....

:iagree:

anyways, to address on this issue personally...

I'm guilty... I did tell a blonde joke on the jokes forum (around the time when I first joined), but I didn't have any mailicious intent when I posted it.

If I offended anyone, I'm sorry... :handkuss:

I haven't been the jokes forum in a while, but after a quick browsing I could understand why Princess may have gotten frustrated with the whole blonde joke thing, because there are 6 threads on blonde jokes on the 1st page alone.

Back