Shea Terra

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My skin has been mad ever since I ran out of my samples of the Rose Hips Black Soap a few weeks ago, so I broke down and made an order. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Lucky code isn't working anymore, but I did use the august code. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haven't tried the whipped shea butters yet, I hope I like them! Gingered pumpkin!!! I am so ready for fall.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooo.. Dots, what a score! I love the body butters and the chocolate scrub sounds awesome! So for those of you who've used the Rose and Black soap, do you do the mask routine with it or regular cleanser? I've used it 3x maybe as the mask and like it. I don't see any difference, but I probably need to give it a few weeks.
I used it as a mask every other day. Looooove it, it cleared up my breakouts and is the only thing that keeps my pores clear on my nose.

My skin has been mad ever since I ran out of my samples of the Rose Hips Black Soap a few weeks ago, so I broke down and made an order. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Lucky code isn't working anymore, but I did use the august code. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Haven't tried the whipped shea butters yet, I hope I like them! Gingered pumpkin!!! I am so ready for fall.
The Fall Season...exactly. I am just about ready for Fall, which inspired the light sweater shopping and Gingered Pumpkin Butter purchase a few days ago. I get cold so easily, but so over this 115 degree heat for now. I am ready for boots and crisp evenings sitting outside and drinking cocoa...sigh...

@yousoldtheworld Please let me know how the Gingered Pumpkin is. I was so tempted by that. I love fall scents!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@yousoldtheworld Please let me know how the Gingered Pumpkin is. I was so tempted by that. I love fall scents!
Will do! I wasn't supposed to spend any more money this month (ughhh bills) but I couldn't resist...lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Damn you ladies, now I'm going to make a purchase from Shea Terra! I KNOW I want the Rose Hips Black Soap (bonus, NO almond oil, which a TON of organic companies use) and I kind of want to try some of the other mini stuff!!! I might need the chocolate scrub. I already have the Suki lemon exfoliant which makes me want to eat it... now add chocolate? ahhh!

So I tried to use the Rose Hips and Black soap again, but I got a really irritated and almost painfully tingling sensation afterward when I tried to apply my moisturizer. I think I only waited 2 days between usage? I don't know if this is going to work for me, which is sad because I was enjoying it so far.

I just received my second Shea Terra order - love how quickly the ship, btw! - Argan Oil (2 oz), Bananas & Baoboabs lip butter, and a mini shea whipper in Marula (I have Bananas & Baobabs and White Chocolate and love them!). My first order was Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore face wash, Shea Gold shea butter, and Lemongrass African Black Soap Elixir.

I was really nervous about using Argan oil on my already combo/oily skin, but I noticed that when I used the Rose Hips Black Soap wash and used my normal moisturizer afterwards (philosophy Take a Deep Breath), my sensitive skin burned a tad. I ended up using the sample of Desert Date oil they sent with that order and my skin looked great and reacted well so I decided to try the Argan oil. I used it this morning after cleansing with the RHBSDP wash and my foundation applied like butter. Looking forward to seeing longer-term results!

So I tried to use the Rose Hips and Black soap again, but I got a really irritated and almost painfully tingling sensation afterward when I tried to apply my moisturizer. I think I only waited 2 days between usage? I don't know if this is going to work for me, which is sad because I was enjoying it so far.
I posted my last post before reading yours and just realized I may have addressed your moisturizer problem! See my post above - maybe the same will work for you!

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received my second Shea Terra order - love how quickly the ship, btw! - Argan Oil (2 oz), Bananas & Baoboabs lip butter, and a mini shea whipper in Marula (I have Bananas & Baobabs and White Chocolate and love them!). My first order was Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore face wash, Shea Gold shea butter, and Lemongrass African Black Soap Elixir.

I was really nervous about using Argan oil on my already combo/oily skin, but I noticed that when I used the Rose Hips Black Soap wash and used my normal moisturizer afterwards (philosophy Take a Deep Breath), my sensitive skin burned a tad. I ended up using the sample of Desert Date oil they sent with that order and my skin looked great and reacted well so I decided to try the Argan oil. I used it this morning after cleansing with the RHBSDP wash and my foundation applied like butter. Looking forward to seeing longer-term results!
Lol, that's the exact same moisturizer I used! Hmm..I think I applied my serum first, a Dr. Denese one.. When you did the argan oil(I have one, not ST brand), was that applied first or last? I usually go serum, moisturizer and a dab of oil (rose hips or argan).

Try using it once a week?

If you decide you can't use it... i'd trade you for the remainder. I want to sample it but I haven't figured out how yet!!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try using it once a week?

If you decide you can't use it... i'd trade you for the remainder. I want to sample it but I haven't figured out how yet!!
I tried to bump up the usage, because I earlier posted not really noticing results with once a week use. Some of the other ladies are able to use it more frequently and so I thought they were getting better results because of that...yes, it is hard to come across, ladies are hoarding it on here! LOL

I tried to bump up the usage, because I earlier posted not really noticing results with once a week use. Some of the other ladies are able to use it more frequently and so I thought they were getting better results because of that...yes, it is hard to come across, ladies are hoarding it on here! LOL
I may just buy the whole bottle and hope it works for my skin! Is that a totally bad idea?

Lol, that's the exact same moisturizer I used! Hmm..I think I applied my serum first, a Dr. Denese one.. When you did the argan oil(I have one, not ST brand), was that applied first or last? I usually go serum, moisturizer and a dab of oil (rose hips or argan).
Omg too funny! I do love that stuff but it doesn't feel so great after using the Rose Hips Black Soap, yikes!

Anyway, I've found that it's best and most-effective to layer products in order of thickness - doing so helps all products absorb they best they can without getting in the way of each other. Depending on how "thick" your serum is, I'd layer serum, argan oil, then finish off with moisturizer (if that step is even necessary - I've found that I don't need moisturizer after using the argan oil, but I don't have super dry skin). This morning I washed my face and applied the argan oil and some eye cream, waited a bit and noticed my skin did not feel dry or tight at all, so went ahead and applied my foundation - turned out great!

I've been reading up about face oils and have found that if you can forego the moisturizer at night and just use the face oil, it really helps your skin balance out it's oil production. I'm going to try that out for a couple weeks and see what happens!

I may just buy the whole bottle and hope it works for my skin! Is that a totally bad idea?
If it doesn't work out, you know someone here will definitely take it off your hands! Also, maybe you can contact them and ask if they have a sample of that you could get? Especially if you're going to place an order. 
biggrin.gif

If it doesn't work out, you know someone here will definitely take it off your hands! Also, maybe you can contact them and ask if they have a sample of that you could get? Especially if you're going to place an order. 
biggrin.gif
That's what I did. :) Good to know there are lots of lovely ladies who will snag it from me if it doesn't work!! Let's see what they say!! I also ordered the One Love Organics sampler since I want some nice natural skincare stuff!

I got my order today! This is my first order from Shea Terra, and I'm impressed with their ridiculously fast shipping. I made the order on Sunday the 12th and it arrived today, the 15th. Love everything!

Mini shea whippers. I LOVE THE TEXTURE OF THESE, perfectly thick, easily absorbed, and not at all greasy. The Bananas & Baobabs one smells like straight up ripe bananas, amazing and different from anything else I've ever tried. The Bourbon Vanilla is yummy, and smells just like sweet, straight vanilla. The Gingered Pumpkin one is yummy and spicy, lots of ginger and cinnamon, like a pumpkin pie...PERFECT for fall! I love that the scent of these is strong when you apply it, but lightens considerably once it's absorbed - I hate when products compete with my perfume.

This is wonder soap, in my opinion. I had previously had two sample sizes of it, and they lasted me months. I used it every other day as a mask, and my skin looked better than it ever has - my breakouts were at a minimum, my skin was smooth, and my pores were clear. When I ran out, I decided to use up some other samples I had around. In just about a month, my skin started to hate me, breakouts and blackheads are back. Never again!

The free samples they sent with my order. All three are very generously sized and will last a while. They all smell nice and strong in the baggies, but I can't really report on scents or performance til I try them out. Awesome inclusion!

I didn't really NEED another lip product, but it sounded so good! This smells just like the shea whipper, and it tastes so good. Love the texture - a true lip butter, so it's not thick like some balms, but it's easily absorbed and naturally sweet without tasting like candy. Glad I got this!

@yousoldtheworld, yum on the body butters...all of them. I have the Vanilla Bourban and Banana and Baobobs, but you're making me really crave the Ginger Pumpkin. I am a scent freak and love cinnamon and spicy things year round lol..but the Banana is perfect for these summer days right now. Nice purchases!

I'm like actually salivating at those body butters. They sound so delish!
They are...! I'm a huge fan of basic shea butters or yummy smelling body butters as in food, not so much perfume. I love to slather them on and layer a perfume on top that'll complement. If it smells edible..I'm wanting it!

On another note, I used the Shea Terra Rose Hips and Black soap again last night, skipping a day between use and applied my Trilogy Rose Hips oil immediately after doing the mask/massage thing and no stinging! I'm going to keep it up and use my oils before other facial moisturizers and see how it goes. If it works and I see results..I'm definitely jumping on the black soap band wagon!

Back