Sigma brush cleaning glove

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't touch this piece of overpriced rubbish with a 10 foot pole. Sigma overcharges for all of their makeup, and now this. Not to mention some of their crappy 'accessories'. Sigma really must think their customers are morons.
Of course they think that. That's why they keep coming back. People will buy anything that is glittery, shimmery, blinky... Obviously the glove is not, but we get the idea.

I've seen this glove in person.  It actually does look like a really nice glove, and would be amazing to use to clean my brushes instead of wiping my brushes on my hands and fingers. The texturing would be really nice to use.  BUT, a good overpriced price would be like $15-20. Or maybe even up to $25 for being a brand name item.  There's a cloth liner inside that puts it a small step above any of the non-specialty silicone gloves out there (I saw some textured dish cleaning gloves and grilling gloves on amazon that were right around the $11-15 range), but that'd only merit maybe $5-10 increase, not $30 extra.

I don't think it's worth $39+shipping.  There's lots of other silicone gloves on the market, all they'd need to do is relabel and easily come up with something 1/4 the price.

Actually...after looking at some things, this thing would kind of be amazing too:

It's just one of those glassware drying mats (there's bumps to allow your wine glasses to stand up and dry without worrying about them falling over as easily.

found on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Make-My-Day-Voluminous-Glassware/dp/B0052WJ066/ref=pd_sim_hg_2

You could easily put it into the bottom of the sink while washing brushes and just swipe your brushes across the mat...then presto you also have a drying mat to dry your brushes lol.

I use a plastic screen at the bottom of a small jar with brush cleaner (Parian Spirit) to clean my brushes. Works great and is gentle on all types of bristles.
I got a pack of 10 screens for like $5 at Michaels. You can also cut them to fit any diameter jar size.

This is what Koren's soaps look like.

Image from Enkore Makeup

Now there are a few issues that I have with the soap despite loving the soap.

1. If you wash your brushes with soap and water frequently you'll use the soap up quickly since it is made with glycine depending on how many brushes you wash, how dirty the brushes are so you may need to rewash the brushes several times, etc.
  2. The non-pro soaps don't come with a travel container and these don't fit into standard travel soap boxes. The pro-size does come with a travel case though.
  3. These contain sweet almond oil which if you or your clients have an allergy or sensitivity to then DO NOT USE THIS SOAP. This is the big one for me due to the fact you don't want to cause someone to have a rash or worse cause them to go into Anaphylaxic shock. I don't have an almond allergy so I have no problems washing my personal brushes with these soap but my work brush sets I continue to wash only with Mona Lisa's Pink Soap.

Thanks Zadi. Is the loofah round like the soap? Or is it like your typical body loofah?

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Zadi.

Is the loofah round like the soap? Or is it like your typical body loofah?
It is part of the soap. The top portion is the soap like in the pic above and when you flip it you have the loofah. If you have something like a body loofah you could probably do a DIY version but the one Koren the loofah feels different probably because some of the soap maybe embedded.

ooh that loofah soap looks really interesting.  i may just have to try it out!

@zadidoll, is there anything else that you'd recommend from Enkore if I do buy a soap from the online shop?  I'm open to anything as I love trying out new brands.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol! I have a glove similar to this.... for washing my dog. I use my hands, but the damp sponge sounds interesting. I'll try it tomorrow.
I have one two.. thinking about just getting a second one for my brushes since its less then 10 bucks... ...lol

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ooh that loofah soap looks really interesting.  i may just have to try it out!

@zadidoll, is there anything else that you'd recommend from Enkore if I do buy a soap from the online shop?  I'm open to anything as I love trying out new brands.
I only own two other items other than five soaps and that's the Hot Oil Deep Conditioning Brush Treatment and the Artists Aromatikz. While I happen to like both the scent from both maybe off putting to people due to Rosemary in the brush treatment and the Ylang Ylang in the Aromatikz. I do have to warn those with scent sensitivities - these do contain essential oils so the fragrances are strong which is good in that you're really getting the fragrance but bad for those with scent sensitivities. Koren didn't have his other items at IMATS so I haven't bought anything else.

It is clever and I'm surprised no one else did anything like that before. Like I mentioned before you can do a DIY version using one of those facial loofahs and soap of your choice but it just means more stuff to carry around and Koren's is an all-in-one item - soap, conditioner and loofah which makes it easier to travel with. At $5 for the soap with loofah (I think it's $6 now on his site) it just easier to go with his. Buying the facial loofah is something like $4 (unless you can find these for $1) then factor in the cost of the soap and containers to travel with - it add up with a DIY version.

I can't understand why people would want to spend THAT much money on something that costs like 2$ max in its real value...

I can't understand why people would want to spend THAT much money on something that costs like 2$ max in its real value...
You'd be surprised... My assistant and I had this very conversation on set last week regarding mascaras. High end ($35) vs low end drugstore brands ($4). Too make a long story short, you're paying for the wand, as the formula is all the same across the board... At any rate, the market is there because of the demand for it. i.e. the dog washing mitt that you can now use to wash your brushes with... 😒

So I was cleaning out the hubby's truck looking for this seat cover I bought for his truck but it didn't fit so I was going to use it in my SUV. I lifted the seat and found a rubber brush that I bought for my daughter's rabbit. Cost: $2.50. I bought this at the local tack store as it's meant for horses. It's called a Rubber Jelly Scrubber. Here's a picture off Amazon (it's WAY overpriced on Amazon at around $9 after shipping).

One side has the large round bumps while the other has the finer, "sharp" points. It's not really sharp I'm just calling it that because it's very pointy. TOn each site are the line bars. The whole thing is very jelly. You slip it onto your hand and of course rub the animal with it to loose fur and dirt. I think this would be a much less expensive option than Sigma's Cleaning Glove which at over $30 excluding shipping is VERY expensive.

Back