Sigma brush cleaning glove

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like everyone else, I think that glove is way overpriced. When I first saw it, I thought the concept was really interesting, but the price definitely turned me away.  I saw this diy video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeefo2wZ14k) this morning.  Instead of a glove, she uses a plastic clipboard and adds the nubs/ridges with a hot glue gun.  Was wondering what any of your thoughts on that are?

Video embedded​

Honestly, she's clever. That's a great DIY BUT I have to point out that it potentially can be "expensive" depending on if the person has the items or not. (DIY to me should be cheap as possible.)

• Plastic clip board: $5 to $10 depending on where you get it. Dollar store type MAY or MAY NOT have it.
  • Hot glue gun: $2.99 to $9.99 depending on where you buy it if you don't already have one. (Hobby Lobby, which obviously is not every where, the glue guns start at $2.99)
  • Hot glue sticks: $3.99 to $5.99 per bag depending on where you buy it.

I agree with Zadi on this one. Cost effective as possible. The mat or glove doesn't have to be that large. Those gel mitts you got at the tack shop would work just fine and the price is just about right, even if you find them on eBay.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'd be surprised...

My assistant and I had this very conversation on set last week regarding mascaras. High end ($35) vs low end drugstore brands ($4).

Too make a long story short, you're paying for the wand, as the formula is all the same across the board...

At any rate, the market is there because of the demand for it. i.e. the dog washing mitt that you can now use to wash your brushes with... 😒
well I wouldnt quite agree on that one about mascara's :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

because you see, me, I have very sensitive eyes and some mascara's irritate them, others don't..so the formulas actually differ..but then again, I have a lancome mascara that I love and a dior one that I hate (it irritates my eyes) as well as I love budget mascara's like maybelline ones but not all of them are irritation-proof:)

I think it's a combination of the two... I revisited this topic with other Pro MUA's recently and it's 50/50 or inconclusive, so based on that, I think it's a combination of the two.

So I still really want that loofah soap, but when shopping around for housewares this weekend I saw a couple of other things that might work....

This was at Bed Bath and Beyond.

From the Macy's Martha Stewart Collection, I really liked that it has both nubs and ridges, but wish it were flat.

Found this in my own kitchen! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  One of those silicone oven mitts.

I saw a DIY video on youtube of a girl using a plastic clip board and a hot glue gun to make her own brush cleaning board. Seems like an awesome idea but for some reason I keep thinking the glue gun nubs and lines won't be tall (not really the word I'm trying to say but it still works) to clean the brushes all that well. Perhaps I'll pick up the supplies payday and test it out.

A lot of these items can be found at local dollar stores, especially the drying mat, dog glove, silicone oven mitts, etc. No need to break the bank on stuff unnecessarily.

I would think that they loufah would be damaging to the hairs on the brush though since it's rough and abrasive.....  I did see a youtube video though on how to make a cleaning surface using a plastic clipboard and dots from a glue gun to create the texture.  I bought a clipboard and glue gun the other day to test it out! lol.  We'll see.  Cost me less than $5 in supplies from Walmart, and if it keeps my hands out of the water, that's helpful in the winter!  I use about 200 brushes a week between bridal parties and photoshoots during the week, so anything I can do to limit how much time I spend washing them is a major bonus!

Loofahs have a way more delicate surface than say plastic or rubber nubs on a board, so they wouldn't damage the hairs or bristles.

I just joined so hey ya'll!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I received one of the sigma gloves for my birthday last week & i have to say that even though i didnt pay for this one, if it messes up I will have NO problem paying the $40 to replace it! It makes SUCH a huge difference!! I was skeptical about it at first as well but holy cow, it really is amazing & sooo much faster!! Before my bday I was using a silicone shower mitt thingy from pure romance (i'll post a link below) & i THOUGHT it worked great... it's complete crap compared to the sigma spa glove!! It really is worth the money, IMO! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's what I was using before i got the spa glove, the nubby things on the other side of this glove are shorter & more round.
http://ww2.pureromance.com/PUBLICSTORE/product/Super-Deluxe-Mitten,273,139.aspx

If it were $20 I'd be more inclined to buy one but at $40 PLUS shipping I'm still passing.

I agree with you. I think hand massage is the most important thing for spa. Because of this we can recognize the pressure for spa.

Honestly, if Sigma had priced the glove at even $25 I would have paid for it. But instead I got to be inventive and located an oven mitt at Home Goods for $5.99 that works amazing. I just don't understand why they priced it so high, as I'm sure it's a great product. Sad.

Just remember to watch the youtube "how to" video before you try to use this innovative and revolutionary brush cleaning device. We don't want any law suits.

Step 1 go to the watering hole

Step 2 figure out which side of the brush needs to be cleaned

Step 3..

Back