Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your review, autumnagain.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif REVIEW on silk naturals:
I have tried approximately 12 foundations and concealers. I like the feel of Silk Naturals. I mixed mine 7 scoops white to 1 original ebony. This foundation does not conceal well. I have other foundations that will conceal well on their own (using a taklon brush) such as Jenulence. I use Radiance in Jenulence. Fairly Light Golden VV in Lumiere. Golden Fair in EDM.

I should add this is VERY easy to mix.

Light to medium coverage. If you have a definite undertone I suggest her new sample kit that has all three colours to be mixed with white.

As I am quite happy with Jenulence when I need coverage (and this is my concealer also) I will stick with that. When my skin is behaving (not lately) I do like Lumiere.

I have ordered some Lure foundation samples to try as it is a rice powder formula and I am hoping this can help my skin be not so oily. I also ordered finishing powder, eye shadow samples, blush and will review.

I do like the Unblush for redness. One sheer coat under foundation (any) does help.

I really really LOVE Sleep in a Jar. Yellow sheer colour helps with blueish circles but does not look like a concealer at all. If you have serious dark circles this would not be enough.

WONDERFUL eye shadows. I have Vanilla, Nakkid, Quartiz and one other nuetral brown shade (dupes). I love these all and suggest her eye shadows.

Her perfecting silk finishing powder is very nice. However, I am an oil silk and I need an industrial strength oil blotting formula. If you have normal/slightly oily skin (I am NOT normal!!) this is worth a try.

I do like Climax blush . But as I have many blushes (and some very similar) I won't order a full size.

I do want to try Date Bait and some other all other face colours on my next order and of course, more eye shadows.

Also want to mention she has very good pricing on her sythetic brushes if you need some.

good for you!!!!exalant review!!! thank you very much!

I have a question to all those who purchased Karen`s brushes--what works better for applying her mineral foundation-- the "flat top brush" or the "kabuki (or baby kabuki)" brush?

I`ve also read some of your raves on her "darling" gloss" (if I spelled it right). But, has anybody tried her "birthday suit" and "gold blush" glosses? Also, did anyone try her lippies?

As for my "contribution" to the overall review of these minerals--and I`ve tried and used the ebony foundation, the perfecting powder (both versions) and her "climax" blush---my absolute fav. is her "dait bait" powder! You should all really give it a try
smile.gif

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a question to all those who purchased Karen`s brushes--what works better for applying her mineral foundation-- the "flat top brush" and the "kabuki (or baby kabuki) brush? I`ve also read some of your raves on her "delightful gloss" (if I spelled it right). But, has anybody tried her "birthday suit" and "gold blush" glosses? Also, did anyone try her lippies?

As for my "contribution" to the overall review of these minerals--and I`ve tried and used the ebony foundation, the perfecting powder (both versions) and her "climax" blush---my absolute fav. is her "dait bait" powder! You should all really give it a try
smile.gif

hi how are you??? Im want to know what you like in SILK NETURALS..

TODA! (THANK YOU)

SIM

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a question to all those who purchased Karen`s brushes--what works better for applying her mineral foundation-- the "flat top brush" and the "kabuki (or baby kabuki) brush? I`ve also read some of your raves on her "delightful gloss" (if I spelled it right). But, has anybody tried her "birthday suit" and "gold blush" glosses? Also, did anyone try her lippies?

smile.gif

There is some positive reviews on Mineral Makeup Mania - Home of the Minerally Addicted! board regarding her lippies. Nice raves for birthday suit;some have reordered back ups. I don't recall hearing much about Gold Blush. Gold Blush caught my eye and I have it in the cart waiting.
Also on that delphi forum is raves for the ulimate eye shadow brush; some have reordered to have a back up.

I ordered Birthday Suit (along with Bliss, Vivalicious and Darling) and i can agree, it's a pretty nice color, maybe a little too dark for my complexion, but i'm not used on wearing something on my lips
smile.gif

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a question to all those who purchased Karen`s brushes--what works better for applying her mineral foundation-- the "flat top brush" and the "kabuki (or baby kabuki) brush? Karen's brushes are incredibly soft and nice to use. I have purchased both the kabuki (normal size) and flat top. For everyday normal use I use the kabuki, it give a good coverage lalready. For bad skin days when I need heavier coverage I use the flat top. I have also started using it to apply her green concealer (unblush) on my cheeks which are quite red.

thank you, girls, for your replies
smile.gif

You helped me to decide what should I order from her next. I think I`m settling down with "dait bait" (I`m addicted to it already
smile.gif
), the white refill for the foundation, the baby "kabuku" brush and some glosses

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hi how are you??? Im want to know what you like in SILK NETURALS..

TODA! (THANK YOU)

SIM

Well, as I`ve said, I liked best her silk perfection powders. Both of them give you a kind of the "airbrushed look" , but the tinted version also adds some healthy flattering tone to your skin (it really hard to describe though, the best thing is to try it by yourself).

As for her foundation (and I`ve only tried the original version)-- well, for me it`s not really the HG foundation, but rather an occasional replacement of my Shiseido`s liguid (when I decide that my skin needs some rest with a healthier make up). I quess, the problem is that I still haven`t found the right ebony/white proportion. So far, never mind how much I try, it still looks a bit pale on me (and I don`t have such a strong yellow undertones in my skin). So go figure...

"Climax" blush is pretty nice, but since I`ve discovered pnina rosemblum n21 blush, I don`t want any other than that (yes, I was surprised by myself)

Hope it helped a bit
vogel.gif

Does anyone know if Karen's organic lipsticks are the same size as her lip glosses? On the site, she mentions the size of the lip glosses but not the lipstick. For those of you who have tried her lipsticks, how are they??? I'm thinking of getting Bliss, Indulge, Rapture, and Regal- can you tell I'm a lippie junkie???
wink.gif

From the ones you're talking about, I've got Bliss, that's a very pretty color too
smile.gif
I'm pretty sure i'll order Indulge and Rapture for my next order, so I can just say : go for it !

Originally Posted by lotusindigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Huh. I've just tried to look at the silk naturals site. It won't work. :/ She had been having server problems. I think it is all fixed now!

Girls, has anybody from you been in touch with Karen in the last 4-5 days? Our ebay connection was fine till my last message to her . I also sent her a message via her site, but so far, no answer from her. It`s such a pity, I could already order my items and wait for a package to arrive
frown.gif

Originally Posted by aurelie /img/forum/go_quote.gif igor, the last message i get from her was from november 20th. Thanks
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back