Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by iloveparis I love grey e/s for a smokey look...much easier to pull of than black IMO. I couldn't agree more,I love black,but I just don't like it on me,so grey e/s is the way to go!

Just personal taste I think... I would have pulled the e/l out a little further to give the eyes a more exotic/sexy look. You got the blending really well, shimmer looks great and your liner is really well smudged.

OMG Laura...this is my all time fave look from you!!!! your smokey eye looks natural yet mysterious. you did very very well for a first try (it was your 1st try, right?).

I think it looks perfect like that, but try what Cirean suggested just to make it a little bit more dramatic and see if you like it

btw, I tried out that maybelline lipstick at the drugstore today but it was way too pale on me...looks awesome on you though

Originally Posted by Cirean Just personal taste I think... I would have pulled the e/l out a little further to give the eyes a more exotic/sexy look. You got the blending really well, shimmer looks great and your liner is really well smudged. Looks great, Laura. I agree with Cirean on pulling the e/l out a bit.

Thanks for the tips girls.. I did try pulling out the liner a bit but i never did that before and thought it looked stupid so i rubbed it off!! I'll try that out next time
smile.gif

And yup Andrea its my first time!

FACE:

Maybelline True Illusion

usual concealers

Artdeco blush #35

MAC Irridescent Powder Pressed in Belightful

EYES:

Artdeco e/s #82 on lid, #92 on crease

Artdeco e/s #27 on browbone

black eye kohl

Jade Perfect Cream mascara

LIPS:

Maybelline Watershine Diamonds l/s in Crystal Pink

MAC l/g C-Thru

good thing I tried this out BEFORE going out. I used a bit too much blush (the artdeco blush is really pigmented for being this cheap!!!) and I might do a nude lip instead of the pink instead tonight.

Do you guys think this is too much color for my innocent looking face??
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Great application Andrea! Did the eye look feel dark to you? I think you could go much darker and look really stunning! Your hair looks sexy pulled over like that.

Geez everyone looks so good, I'm starting to feel the pressure to perform tomorrow LOL

Originally Posted by Arielle FACE:Maybelline True Illusion

usual concealers

Artdeco blush #35

EYES:

black eye kohl

LIPS:

MAC l/g C-Thru

good thing I tried this out BEFORE going out. I used a bit too much blush (the artdeco blush is really pigmented for being this cheap!!!) and I might do a nude lip instead of the pink instead tonight.

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Cirean Great application Andrea! Did the eye look feel dark to you? I think you could go much darker and look really stunning! Your hair looks sexy pulled over like that. thanks sweetie! I´m excited to see your smokey eye
icon_biggrin.gif

no, I´ve done eye looks this dark before and was comfortable wearing them. but before I used only very light blush and nude lipgloss with dark eye mu....which I felt comfortable with but I think it kinda washes me out cause I have a lighter skintone, so all you could see was EYES *lol*

Laura I agree with the girls it would look much better if you pulled more the eyeliner out!! It's the darkest eye look I've seen from you!!! Nice try!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle FACE:Maybelline True Illusion

usual concealers

Artdeco blush #35

EYES:

black eye kohl

LIPS:

MAC l/g C-Thru

icon_cheesygrin.gif

HOT MAMA!!

Andrea the e/s looks fabulous on you!!! You have such a beautiful eye shape!! I think you could put more eyeshadow on you lower lashline to make it more smokey!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I love it Andrea! You are such a hot chick and you got the smokey eye down to a tee! Can you tak pics of the e/s used and post them.. Or do you know of any MAC shadows that would be similiar?

Originally Posted by Laura I love it Andrea! You are such a hot chick and you got the smokey eye down to a tee! Can you tak pics of the e/s used and post them.. Or do you know of any MAC shadows that would be similiar? aw thanks, hottie
smile.gif

sorry, my camera sucks!!!!!

left: #82 (medium grey-blue)

right: #92 (grey-purple)

I don´t know which MAC e/s would be similar though

Originally Posted by Sophia Andrea the e/s looks fabulous on you!!! You have such a beautiful eye shape!! I think you could put more eyeshadow on you lower lashline to make it more smokey!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
this is the most color I can handle on my lower lashline...I tried to apply more but I think I looked like a panda bear
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle this is the most color I can handle on my lower lashline...I tried to apply more but I think I looked like a panda bear
biggrin.gif
Oh no Andrea you have such beautiful eye shape and you have not small eyes so you can make them look more intense!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Sophia Oh no Andrea you have such beautiful eye shape and you have not small eyes so you can make them look more intense!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanks Sophia. I guess I´ll try to apply more and more each time so I can used to that look...I just feel very "goth" if there´s too much color UNDER my eyes
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Aw they look cute! Thanks for taking pics of them for me do you guys have Douglas-stores in Ireland? that´s where they are sold, at least in austria & germany (but I THOUGHT they are available allover europe...guess not
icon_wink.gif
)website: http://www.artdeco.de/

Andrea, wow :icon_love you did such a beautiful smokey look! I love it. You look dreamy, I love the second picture :icon_love

Back