Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by devinjhans Thanks Nilufer you are a sweetheart!! No I don't work for a makeup company, but I am trying to get on at Mac.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'd hire you..

I'm in awe

Mary amber

Awwww.....thank you sweetie that is so nice of you to say!! I am flattered!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Mambz098 I'd hire you..

I'm in awe

Mary amber

Originally Posted by devinjhans Okay Ladies here's my smoky eye.
face:

select spf foundation nc50

loose powder nc40

select moisturecover concealer nw30

eyes:

woodwinked e/s

contrast e/s

carbon e/s

black tied e/s

era e/s

engraved powerpoint

clear brow set

espresso e/s

mac zoom lash

cheeks:

blunt blush

lips:

under l/s

clear lipglass

cork lip pencil

Hi Devinjhans--
claps.gif
I LOVE your smokey eye! First off, you have got a pair of fantastic eyebrows framing them--they frame your whole face--and it adds up to a jaw-dropping look! Really stunning: the smoke blue and the lining are both soft and strong at once, and with your eyebrows above them--you just take my breath away; you look so strong and sultry at the same time. Very inviting, and come-hither, sexy--which is part of how the smokey eye look is supposed to come across...and you certainly got all of that down.Any tips for a beginner/ blunderer as to how smudge eyeliner, or draw it more softly, for this look? I'm asking everyone, because I truly feel they've all done such good jobs.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!

--SierraWren

Here is mine finally!!! I did it on Friday but now I got the pictures ready to post here.

I also have pictures of the products I used at the end. Before mu, I put Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion as always.

Picture 1:

Put lots of Mac Tilt e/s with Stila brush #15

Picture 2:

Put (half way of Tilt) Mac Deep Truth e/s with Stila brush#7

Picture 3:

Put lower lash line Mac Deep Truth e/s with Nars Smudger brush #15

Picture 4:

Put upper lash line Mac Black Tied e/s with Stila brush #4

Picture 5:

Put brow bone Mac Vellum e/s with Stila brush #23 (from 6-pan pallette)

Picture 6:

Blend everything with Stila brush #9

Picture 7, 8, 9:

Finished after mascara

Picture 10:

Products I used

icon_smile.gif
Good luck hunny! Show these pictures and I have no doubt you'll have a job.

Originally Posted by devinjhans Thanks Nilufer you are a sweetheart!! No I don't work for a makeup company, but I am trying to get on at Mac.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You all look great!!!I love how you all used different colors of "smoky" ... nice touch!!!

And Laura my lil' chicken... SMILE!!!! lol
wink.gif
You look mah-veh-lous!!! :icon_love

here's mine:

MAC e/s in Anti-Establishment (middle of lid)

MAC e/s in Vellum (inner lid)

MAC e/s in Black Tied (outer V)

MAC Powerpoint Liner in Industry

Ultima II Wonderwear Mascara in Black

Please ignore the skin... went for an eyebrow wax last night and the friggin' lady waxed my ENTIRE FACE!!!!!
eek.gif
She dripped wax all over my cheeks (yes this was not my regular place..I went w/ a friend goes here... NEVER AGAIN!!!) And then said she was waxing my face... I'm telling her NO! And she proceeds to rip off the wax that dripped along with EVERYTHING ELSE!!! I'm soooo pissed!!!!
icon_evil.gif

Hi Janelle--What do you mean, please ignore the face? Your face looks wonderful! Your expression does seem a little uncomfortable, but it can't hide how pretty you are OR how well you did the smokey eye. I love it--I have never used MAC makeup before, and now you have me desparate to buy their eyeshadow in every single shade you've used, to try and replicate this look--it is very sultry yet innocent, too: really striking. And since you have such a lovely skin tone, you can wear it(and the whole rainbow of colors) and look radiant, not washed out(I'm really pale,so the smoky eye I fear means The Pallid Rest of Me.I hope not, but I feel it...)You have done such a good job, and I wish I could have talent like that for myself! Sincerely,Sierrawren

Nilufer you've done a whole tutorial!!!
eek.gif
It's very helpful!!! And the blue e/s are gorgeous on you!!!:icon_love

Thank you so much SierraWren!! What I did to smudge the line under my eye is:

first I applied a pencil liner to the lower lid-engraved powerpoint pencil

then I applied carbon eyeshadow over that line with the 266 brush

after that I went over the line again with carbon eyeshadow this time using the 219 brush which I think makes it foolproof. Anybody can smudge a line using this brush it is great!! Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi Devinjhans--
claps.gif
I LOVE your smokey eye! First off, you have got a pair of fantastic eyebrows framing them--they frame your whole face--and it adds up to a jaw-dropping look! Really stunning: the smoke blue and the lining are both soft and strong at once, and with your eyebrows above them--you just take my breath away; you look so strong and sultry at the same time. Very inviting, and come-hither, sexy--which is part of how the smokey eye look is supposed to come across...and you certainly got all of that down.Any tips for a beginner/ blunderer as to how smudge eyeliner, or draw it more softly, for this look? I'm asking everyone, because I truly feel they've all done such good jobs.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!

--SierraWren

Thanks Trisha!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha wow, Devin and Nilufer, simply awesome! x

Nilufer I love the blues you used they are soooo pretty!! They really make your eyes pop!! You explained the way you used them wonderfully! Beautiful job!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Here is mine finally!!! I did it on Friday but now I got the pictures ready to post here.

I also have pictures of the products I used at the end. Before mu, I put Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion as always.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7, 8, 9:

Finished after mascara

Picture 10:

Products I used

Originally Posted by lilla Here is mine finally!!! I did it on Friday but now I got the pictures ready to post here.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6:

Picture 7, 8, 9:

Finished after mascara

Picture 10:

Products I used

I love those colors... GORGEOUS

Devin: When I saw your pictures a few minutes ago it was so breath-taking.
icon_eek.gif
I know that you are so beautiful but that look kicks everything. It shall hit me a lightning if I am lying when I say that this is the absolute most gorgeous and most perfect eye look I could imagine! WOW WOW WOW! Also I love the way you have done your hair.
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

lilla: Thanks for the tutorial. I will try it in the next week to go through it step by step. But as I know me I will fail like ever while trying a smokey eye.

Thanks for sharing this nice tutorial.
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi, First of all, I love these photos!I showed them to my husband,and he agrees with me,that you look very, very much like his sister, it is just eerie! She's Czech--like he is, of course--but lives just an hour from the borders of Austria...Anyway, the world sometimes can seem small, I guess. Back to the photos:I think you did a great job of balancing out the smoky eye with softer cheeks and lips--don't think you overdid the color at all. And you have such pretty, even features, and a nice warm shade of skin, my guess is you can wear lots of styles and colors. One question I'm asking everyone is, did you smudge your eyeliner and if so, how? Do you get that soft, lovely line? Well, thanks so much for sharing--Sierrawren thanks
icon_biggrin.gif
...btw I think it´s so cool I seem to have a "twin sister" who´s from the Czech Republic!!!!I used a black eye kohl pencil and smudged the line with my MAC #219 pencil brush. I was gonna use my blacktrack fluidline first but those are harder to smudge, the kohl gives a much softer line.

here´s a pic of the brush:

M87X_128.jpg

cotton candy, the last pic is AMAZING. I think you did a great blending job and the colors look absolutely great with your eye color.

Lilla, why the heck do you get your e/s soo vibrant? what´s your secret??? actually I really want those e/s colors now cause that´s something I can totally imagine myself wearing

Devin, I´m speechless...from all the pics I´ve seen from you I can see you never looked more beautiful. perfect skin, perfect e/s application, perfect color choice. girl, you are READY FOR MAC!!!

Thank you soooo much!! You don't know how much it means to me to have you girls who do beautiful makeup yourselves give such high compliments. It is absolutely wonderful!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Devin: When I saw your pictures a few minutes ago it was so breath-taking.
icon_eek.gif
I know that you are so beautiful but that look kicks everything. It shall hit me a lightning if I am lying when I say that this is the absolute most gorgeous and most perfect eye look I could imagine! WOW WOW WOW! Also I love the way you have done your hair.
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

lilla: Thanks for the tutorial. I will try it in the next week to go through it step by step. But as I know me I will fail like ever while trying a smokey eye.

Thanks for sharing this nice tutorial.
icon_razz.gif

Devin! So nice, love the gold on the inside corners and the upsweep on the outside. You really personalized the look!

Nilufer, love the blue twist and great blending. I think it's a good way to take a smokey look to a daytime look, since it's more bright and fun.

Awww....thank you Andrea!!! You guys have really boosted my confidence and have helped me to feel that I am ready! I was kind of skeptical at first and thinking would I be good enough to work somewhere like Mac. I know that I have a ton of things to learn, but I have a come a long way from that girl who just two years ago could only put on eyeliner and lipstick. I am so glad to be a part of this site!! Thanks!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle cotton candy, the last pic is AMAZING. I think you did a great blending job and the colors look absolutely great with your eye color.
Lilla, why the heck do you get your e/s soo vibrant? what´s your secret??? actually I really want those e/s colors now cause that´s something I can totally imagine myself wearing

Devin, I´m speechless...from all the pics I´ve seen from you I can see you never looked more beautiful. perfect skin, perfect e/s application, perfect color choice. girl, you are READY FOR MAC!!!

Originally Posted by cottoncandy hey girls!
well here is my amateur attempt at the smokeys:

Doesn't look amateur at all! Great job
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I almost forgot, I did learn something from this.... I NEED at #219 brush from Mac to get the smudge right at the lash line!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks everyone for all your compliments!

Back