Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Cirean!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Cirean Devin! So nice, love the gold on the inside corners and the upsweep on the outside. You really personalized the look!
Nilufer, love the blue twist and great blending. I think it's a good way to take a smokey look to a daytime look, since it's more bright and fun.

Your eyes look great!! The colors are blended so well and they stand out beautifully!! Nothing amateur at all about this look.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by cottoncandy hey girls!
well here is my amateur attempt at the smokeys:

Thanks everyone for kind and wonderful words. I LOVE this place... :icon_love

Sabrina-I am just have fun playing with colours and you're welcome. Don't put yourself down, you do an awesome job with makeup. I am sure it'll look beautiful when you get done.
icon_smile.gif

Andrea-You have to have Tilt and Deep Truth if you don't already. They are already vibrant and I know they will look beautiful with your gorgeous colour eyes!! :icon_love and your looong lashes
icon_cheesygrin.gif
:icon_love

Cirean-I was not comfortable wearing at first during the day time but I got used it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

:icon_love It is very cute, I luv it! What did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by cottoncandy hey girls!
well here is my amateur attempt at the smokeys:

well i used a black eyeshadow and black eyeliner, i got both from h&m, and Helena Rubinstein mascara. and two brushes to apply it with! not the best quality makeup, but thats why im here, to learn from the pros
wink.gif

i actually bought my first MAC items today, eye kohl in smolder and their gold perfume, it smells like chocolate!

awwww....thank you darling!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by cottoncandy aww, thanks girls
biggrin.gif
i appreciate your comments
oh and devin, you are really beautiful!

^ ur welcome babe. i love the shape of your brows too, forgot to say that in the last post
smile.gif

Wow! Everyone is sooo pretty! I Love it! You guys are so good with make-up!

WOW!!!! All these pics are just awesome!!! Cirean, great job. Lemming for that Sephora palette now
smile.gif
Nilufer, thanks for the tutorial. The colours look great on you. Devin, what can I say? Like the others, I'm just speechless by how good u look with the smokey eyes. Great job too, cottoncandy. Not amateurish at all!!!

SierraWren, regarding the blending, for me, it's the brush that really makes the difference. I use an eye pencil smudger and just blend, blend, blend.

Oh my goodness!! I totally forgot! I've been soooooo busy, and I've been wearing my glasses so I haven't been wearing eye makeup. Everyone looks lovely!! I'll make sure to do a smoky eye next time I do a FOTD.

claps.gif
Beautiful ladies!!! Everyone has such different ideas. Love the colors with the smokey look! I must say Devin, I fell in love with your look. You have beautiful eyes!
claps.gif
Well done to all the ladies
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Amazing jobs!!

Everyone is looking hot! I'm taking my computer in to be worked on tomorrow and hopefully i'll be back soon and able to upload pics.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Devin - that look is GORGEOUS!!!!! You should be working at MAC Pro!!!

Lilla - Awesome tutorial girl! Nice job!!!!

CottonCandy - You look great with a smoky look !! The nude lips look great with it too! You should use one of those as an avatar!

Well done ladies!!
claps.gif

Great Make-up! I Love your lipgloss too. What is it you use?

Originally Posted by Arielle FACE:Maybelline True Illusion

usual concealers

Artdeco blush #35

MAC Irridescent Powder Pressed in Belightful

EYES:

Artdeco e/s #82 on lid, #92 on crease

Artdeco e/s #27 on browbone

black eye kohl

Jade Perfect Cream mascara

LIPS:

Maybelline Watershine Diamonds l/s in Crystal Pink

MAC l/g C-Thru

good thing I tried this out BEFORE going out. I used a bit too much blush (the artdeco blush is really pigmented for being this cheap!!!) and I might do a nude lip instead of the pink instead tonight.

Do you guys think this is too much color for my innocent looking face??
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And I tried for a third time to do my smokey eyes. And again it looks so patchy. I never manage to get the same look on the right and the left eye
icon_rolleyes.gif
. But I will post a pic now and I am hoping that you could give me tipps how to do better. I am in heavy need of tips especially for the outer half of my eyes. That´s where it always looks so sloppy.

Perhaps the colors are to hard and I should try a lighter one? I used black e/s and Fluidline in Blacktrack. Trust in you, girls!
icon_biggrin.gif

Oh my God Sabrina, I'm speechless!!!!
eek.gif
You are GORGEOUS!!! Grey/silver shades are sooo perfect with your eyes!!! I have to know what did you use exactly!!!!

Hey Sophia!

You REALLY like the colors? Cool!!!!
icon_smile.gif

Sure, I let u know what I use:

Face:

Make Up For ever Professional Oil free foundation

Mac blush Pink Swoon

H&M Shimmer powder "Shimmer gold"

Eyes:

e/s Artdeco #27 over whole lid until browbone

e/s Maybelline New York expertwear Mono "Cosmic black"

e/s grey e/s of the Dior Eyeshadow pan #914 (see picture)

Mac Fluidline blackrack

Lips:

Mac Lipglass Stain Hi-Resin Rose

Still need tips for the outer V of my eyes !!!!!!
icon_confused.gif

Sophia and all the other girls with that cool signatures:

Where did you take those cools animated gifs from????? I searched the whole internet but didn´t found something with entering my name!

HELP HELP HELP
icon_question.gif

Sabrina go to the tonitags.com!!! the site is fabulous!!!

The dior grey e/s is gorgeous!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back