Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lilla Here is mine finally!!! I did it on Friday but now I got the pictures ready to post here.

I also have pictures of the products I used at the end. Before mu, I put Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion as always.

Picture 1:

Put lots of Mac Tilt e/s with Stila brush #15

Picture 2:

Put (half way of Tilt) Mac Deep Truth e/s with Stila brush#7

Picture 3:

Put lower lash line Mac Deep Truth e/s with Nars Smudger brush #15

Picture 4:

Put upper lash line Mac Black Tied e/s with Stila brush #4

Picture 5:

Put brow bone Mac Vellum e/s with Stila brush #23 (from 6-pan pallette)

Picture 6:

Blend everything with Stila brush #9

Picture 7, 8, 9:

Finished after mascara

Picture 10:

Products I used

Hi Lilla--Beautiful job. I don't know how you get all those ifferent products to blend so seamlesly together--amazing. I also love how the globe-blue of your lid somehow highlights your brown eyes, so they look lit up from within. You intimidate me--someone who can move a few brushes around in a few dabs of color and create this way...Lovely job. (I'm hoping you've been doing makeup since you were,like, five months old--or do it for a living now. Seriously though, if you don't, you SHOULD. You'd be a great makeup artist.)Otherwise I'm totally frustrated!
icon_rolleyes.gif
i tried a smokey eye myself last night after being inspired by so many great examples like yours, and guess what happened: my husband told me to wash my face; otherwise, it would look like he'd beaten me up(2 big bruises where eyes had been) and he refused to be seen in public with me--my face reflecting back on him--and, appallingly, he was absolutely right!!! Two hours of my weekend spent making myself look beaten to a pulp.
icon_redface.gif
Well, your smokey eye looks totally professional and inspires me as much as it frustrates me, or I guess more. It's just hard not to get a little insecure, when all of you girls re soo good!

Sierra, you're so nice, thank you for your compliments:icon_love I am not a mu artist but I love playing with mu. You should definitely check out the tutorials (Trisha's, Liz's, ....) They are much better than me and I am learning a lot from them.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi Lilla--Beautiful job. I don't know how you get all those ifferent products to blend so seamlesly together--amazing. I also love how the globe-blue of your lid somehow highlights your brown eyes, so they look lit up from within. You intimidate me--someone who can move a few brushes around in a few dabs of color and create this way...Lovely job. (I'm hoping you've been doing makeup since you were,like, five months old--or do it for a living now. Seriously though, if you don't, you SHOULD. You'd be a great makeup artist.)Otherwise I'm totally frustrated!
icon_rolleyes.gif
i tried a smokey eye myself last night after being inspired by so many great examples like yours, and guess what happened: my husband told me to wash my face; otherwise, it would look like he'd beaten me up(2 big bruises where eyes had been) and he refused to be seen in public with me--my face reflecting back on him--and, appallingly, he was absolutely right!!! Two hours of my weekend spent making myself look beaten to a pulp.
icon_redface.gif
Well, your smokey eye looks totally professional and inspires me as much as it frustrates me, or I guess more. It's just hard not to get a little insecure, when all of you girls re soo good!

Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!!

Ooo! I LOVE it! I think it's hot! Great job!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!! It looks wonderful
claps.gif
The colours that u used really brings out ur eyes.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!! WOW! You are really pretty! I love your eye shape, too, and your eyebrows are perfect! I like how you winged your liner out a bit, I have tried that but I always end up taking it off, I can't get it to look 'right', and the left and right end up looking really different.
icon_cry.gif

I did only one eye smokey for the first time,but it reall looks horrible,like someone hit me really badly,will post photo,but please tell me what i did wrong
icon_redface.gif

I don't have a black EL,so i used really dark brown one and also I don't wear any foundation or anything,just one eye really dark,lol

Forgot to mention that I did this step by step with Trisha's tutorial...love the tutorial,but I definitely need lots of practice

I am spechless!!!!
icon_eek.gif

You are all sooo beautiful!!!!!

...and talented!!!!!!!!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!! I really like it! With the purple and blue mixed in, I think this is a smokey eye for clubbing. Nice twist
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Zoey I did only one eye smokey for the first time,but it reall looks horrible,like someone hit me really badly,will post photo,but please tell me what i did wrong
icon_redface.gif
I don't have a black EL,so i used really dark brown one and also I don't wear any foundation or anything,just one eye really dark,lol

Forgot to mention that I did this step by step with Trisha's tutorial...love the tutorial,but I definitely need lots of practice

I think your lid work is good for a first try
claps.gif
The bottom e/l is a little too smudgy but I'll bet you get it perfect on the 2nd or 3rd try. Bravo for being brave enough to post something you're not that happy with.

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi Cirean--First off, utterly amazing! When I think "smokey eye", I tend to think of something way too heavy to wear by day, but this is both subtle and striking--how did you know those specific e/s colors would come out to the shade that they did? I'm just in awe of your command and insight of/ into colors...Your eye color, by the way, is gorgeous! So piercing, and yet I can't decide if they are blue or green...You have a definite head start, making up your face, with those eyes!By the way, what is your "usual" mascara primer and mascara? I really thought you were wearing some kind of subtle false eyelshes--those are real??? I want to know the name of that mascara--though nothing can work miracles, which is what I'd need to get stand-out eyelashes.(Oh well....) What are Fluidlines--like wet eyeliner? I love the way everything is so blended, you can't look at the eye and go, there's the upper liner, there's e/s #1, and #2, the lower liner...

Well you have the smokey eye down to an art form (I DO look at makeup as an art form/outlet; though people I know disagree with me, I don't care.) Thanks for sharing both the concept and your photos!

Thanks very much SW, you're very kind
icon_redface.gif
I use Smashbox Layer Lash Primer and Avon Washable Waterproof mascara. The mascara is cheap and runny so it's easier, IMO, to control the amount that goes on. Fluidlines is a gel liner made by Mac, it's great for my oily skin since it doesn't run like a pencil does. If I try to use pencils I look "heroin chic" after about an hour
icon_lol.gif
My skin chemistry turns most makeup pink, I'm really limited to the colors I can use. No peaches, no browns.

Thanks guys and LOL at Trisha's "full face pic" comment! I am slowly getting over my terror at the goofiness of my face in pictures...

I don't know what it is, but in pictures I look about a thousand times worse than in real life... I could NEVER be a model.

I am also trying out different looks to maybe do a tutorial when I get decent with my technique, what do you guys think?

Yep I know what you mean about looking bad in pics. I'm the same way! I hate my pics! That would be great to do a tutorial! Go for it!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Thanks guys and LOL at Trisha's "full face pic" comment! I am slowly getting over my terror at the goofiness of my face in pictures...
I don't know what it is, but in pictures I look about a thousand times worse than in real life... I could NEVER be a model.

I am also trying out different looks to maybe do a tutorial when I get decent with my technique, what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok I am late in posting... Hopefully the smokey eye will make up for it! Tell me what you guys think and be brutally honest!!
I love it what products did you use?!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess I don't know what it is, but in pictures I look about a thousand times worse than in real life... I could NEVER be a model.

LOL....I feel the same way, but I'm too thick-skinned now so even if I look bad, I still post anyway
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And do post more tutorials...we are always willing to learn here
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mambz098 I love it what products did you use?! Surprisingly I used mainly drugstore e/s...
EYES:

MAC Bare Canvas Paint

Milani Atlantis e/s

Milani Storm e/s

Prestige C-159 Blossom e/s

MAC Vanilla Pigment

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara

Stila Fiber Optics Mascara

FACE:

MAC Hyper Real NC300

MAC MSF Stereo Rose

MAC MSF New Vegas

NYC Browser kit in Brunette

LIPS:

MAC VGV l/s

I'll try to work on a tutorial in the next couple of days...

Latest posts

Back