Smoky Eye Sunday!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THX Sophia. I will go to the site after posting here. And I thought that "our Tony" made all your signatures! I was shortly before asking him if he couls also create one for me !
icon_redface.gif

The DIor e/s are very goog but I also have to say that they are very very matte. It looks so shimmery mixed with the highlighter color from Artdeco. It comes out much more matte if you use them alone.

S O P H I A ! ! !

I was so confused while searching for the animated gifs on tonitags.com! There was some link about sellling fis´hes and candles,....etc. It takes 5 minutes untel I realized that that could not be the right site.

I guess the link you meant was tonitags.co.uk not .com!!!

Hahahaaaaa
icon_razz.gif

Yep, I found so many that I like. But I wanted to choose one that no one else here has. Now I am waiting for it (sent email to Toni)!

So Thanx for the great link!!!!

Sophia, what about your smokey eyes? Did you also try it?

Sabrina, very beautiful and you were saying you couldn't do it
icon_rolleyes.gif
I luv it!:icon_love

sabrina! theres nothing wrong with that look, youve done a great job! i love the glittery effect.

and dont worry i also thought it was our tony who did the tags, lol. i thought it was a reward or something u get after a certain number of posts. i tried that website, but i cant see any of the images for some reason
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany Yep, I found so many that I like. But I wanted to choose one that no one else here has. Now I am waiting for it (sent email to Toni)!So Thanx for the great link!!!!

Sophia, what about your smokey eyes? Did you also try it?

No I do not smokey eyes ever because my eyes are very small and I don't use dark eyeshadows all over my eyes they make them smaller!!

Sabrina...what are you talking about?? your smokey eyes look fantastic, and you know I´m always honest
smile.gif

in fact I have the artdeco and the maybelline e/s too, as well as blacktrack fluidline. I might just have to TRY to recreate that look. and I don´t think the colors are too hard at all-but I know what you mean..I think dark colors don´t look good on me and I never really apply dark e/s to my lower lids, but I love it on other people (and it looks great on you). just keep on practicing and go out like that....you´re gonna get used to wearing "heavier" eye makeup. trust me, it looks beautiful on you

too bad I don´t have any tips on doing the outer "v" for you....I still have no clue how to get that right. I am definitely no eye makeup application pro!!!

btw, I saved your pic so I can recreate that look next time I go out (and thanks for the tip of using the artdeco e/s UNDER all the other e/s. I´ll definitely try that)

Well, Sunday is over and I wanted to thank everyone for making it a success! We got different style and product ideas, everyone looked divine!

claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

BUT just because it's over doesn't mean you should stop posting your looks, smokey eye looks seem to be really popular and alot of members are interested in learning.

Sabrina I think you did a beautiful job!
icon_biggrin.gif
You are too critical of yourself, but I think we always are. It doesn't look patchy and it looks blended very well from one color to the next.

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany And I tried for a third time to do my smokey eyes. And again it looks so patchy. I never manage to get the same look on the right and the left eye
icon_rolleyes.gif
. But I will post a pic now and I am hoping that you could give me tipps how to do better. I am in heavy need of tips especially for the outer half of my eyes. That´s where it always looks so sloppy. Perhaps the colors are to hard and I should try a lighter one? I used black e/s and Fluidline in Blacktrack. Trust in you, girls!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Emmy!!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by iloveparis WOW!!!! All these pics are just awesome!!! Cirean, great job. Lemming for that Sephora palette now
smile.gif
Nilufer, thanks for the tutorial. The colours look great on you. Devin, what can I say? Like the others, I'm just speechless by how good u look with the smokey eyes. Great job too, cottoncandy. Not amateurish at all!!!
SierraWren, regarding the blending, for me, it's the brush that really makes the difference. I use an eye pencil smudger and just blend, blend, blend.

Thank you Chrystal that is sweet of you!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by XxCalixX
claps.gif
Beautiful ladies!!! Everyone has such different ideas. Love the colors with the smokey look! I must say Devin, I fell in love with your look. You have beautiful eyes!
claps.gif
Well done to all the ladies
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Amazing jobs!!

I really appreciate that Janelle!! Thank you so much!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Thanks for all the nice comments guys!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Devin - that look is GORGEOUS!!!!! You should be working at MAC Pro!!!

Lilla - Awesome tutorial girl! Nice job!!!!

CottonCandy - You look great with a smoky look !! The nude lips look great with it too! You should use one of those as an avatar!

Well done ladies!!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle cotton candy, the last pic is AMAZING. I think you did a great blending job and the colors look absolutely great with your eye color.
Lilla, why the heck do you get your e/s soo vibrant? what´s your secret??? actually I really want those e/s colors now cause that´s something I can totally imagine myself wearing

Devin, I´m speechless...from all the pics I´ve seen from you I can see you never looked more beautiful. perfect skin, perfect e/s application, perfect color choice. girl, you are READY FOR MAC!!!

Wow, everone is so beautiful! Andrea and Devin, I am so jealous, you ladies are so gorgeous! Everyone on this board does their makeup so well, it will take me awhile to get up the courage to show my work, lol.

Originally Posted by SierraWren Hi Sirvinya--Lovely! Your "smokey eye"face is absolutely enchanting; you look ethereal and sultry and beautiful, like some exquisite mermaid...I love it! The smokey makeup brings out the cat green in your eyes too...A few questions, from a total beginner--how do you smudge the liner, or do you?I always use my finger, and wind up looking like I just finished weeping!
icon_rolleyes.gif
Or do you just draw it in a certain way? Also, your pale mouth sets off your eyes perfectly--should lips always be neutral,with a smokey eye? (If so I've been walking around like a corpse occasionally, blood red lips and pallid skin AND dark eyes!
icon_redface.gif
Also, how about a dark grey-violet for eyes, or just purple--could that still create the smokey eye look? Well, you don't have to answer all or any of this; I'm just going to try to copy your look though, to hopefully get better at it. Thanks so much for sharing!

--SierraWren

Thankyou!!
I'll try and answer your questions but I'm by no means an expert! The top liner is drawn on with a very very thin brush, as close to my eye lashes as I can get. The bottom liner is a soft pencil which I have slightly smudged with the end of a cotton bud.

You have to be very careful if you do bright lips with smokey eyes, both features are fighting for attention then. I have quite thin lips so I tend to use light colours anyway and play up my eyes.

A smokey eye can be done with any colour! I wore a blue smokey eye to work the other day and it worked really well. Hope this helped some. Post pics if you try it!

Girls i am honestly speechless looking at all the smokey eyes.. We have some amazing make up artists on this site. I've no doubt in my mind that every single one of you would make it in the business. Well done
smile.gif

Thank you Amanda!! Don't be afraid to show your work. Remember we all had to start somewhere and we all learn from each other, whether we are professional makeup artists or amateur's. I don't think anyone knows all there is to know.
icon_smile.gif
We are here to help you not criticize(unless constructive).

Originally Posted by dixiewolf Wow, everone is so beautiful! Andrea and Devin, I am so jealous, you ladies are so gorgeous! Everyone on this board does their makeup so well, it will take me awhile to get up the courage to show my work, lol.

Originally Posted by Cirean I'm still trying to figure out the camera, only one picture seemed close to what it looks like in real life:
smokeyOct22005010.jpg

Here's what I used, top row of shadows:

smokeyOct22005019.jpg

Blitz and Glitz Fluidlines, usual eyelash primer and mascara. You can't see the fluidlines at all
icon_sad.gif

Hi Cirean--First off, utterly amazing! When I think "smokey eye", I tend to think of something way too heavy to wear by day, but this is both subtle and striking--how did you know those specific e/s colors would come out to the shade that they did? I'm just in awe of your command and insight of/ into colors...Your eye color, by the way, is gorgeous! So piercing, and yet I can't decide if they are blue or green...You have a definite head start, making up your face, with those eyes!By the way, what is your "usual" mascara primer and mascara? I really thought you were wearing some kind of subtle false eyelshes--those are real??? I want to know the name of that mascara--though nothing can work miracles, which is what I'd need to get stand-out eyelashes.(Oh well....) What are Fluidlines--like wet eyeliner? I love the way everything is so blended, you can't look at the eye and go, there's the upper liner, there's e/s #1, and #2, the lower liner...

Well you have the smokey eye down to an art form (I DO look at makeup as an art form/outlet; though people I know disagree with me, I don't care.) Thanks for sharing both the concept and your photos!

Latest posts

Back