Sneak Peek Leak of new Urban Decay items, including an ELECTRIC palette.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is everyone using as a base/primer for this palette? I used UDPP and NYX Milk pencil but Slowburn stained my eyelids.
Oh no. I don't need anything that'll stain my eyes. lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is everyone using as a base/primer for this palette? I used UDPP and NYX Milk pencil but Slowburn stained my eyelids.
I use a almay waterproof makeup remover wipes and then I don't notice any stain... but I also try not to use the reddish shades on my lids, I usually concentrate those on the browbone or crease.

As a base I use MAC's potted studio finish concealer in NC15 and I find that gives me a nice thick base for the colors to stick to, but it does also protect my skin. I don't really like UDPP, I think it's pretty over-rated and I've never tried using NYX's Milk. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lethalglam /img/forum/go_quote.gif  
I use a almay waterproof makeup remover wipes and then I don't notice any stain... but I also try not to use the reddish shades on my lids, I usually concentrate those on the browbone or crease.

As a base I use MAC's potted studio finish concealer in NC15 and I find that gives me a nice thick base for the colors to stick to, but it does also protect my skin. I don't really like UDPP, I think it's pretty over-rated and I've never tried using NYX's Milk. 

Thanks, I'll try a thicker base.

I stopped by Sephora with the intent to just get something for my brows, a polish, and a lipstick. If the had Electric to play with I was definitely going to check it out. There weren't any Electrics displayed so I went ahead and walked towards the counter with my things. When I passed by the studio area, I saw an open Electric and a boxed Electric. Asked a sales rep if they had any for sale today and he told me that the boxed one was the last one! I got so excited and immediately scooped it up without even playing, haha! No regrets on this one. Everyone's right, the colors do really blend well together and daytime looks aren't too difficult! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Look I threw together really quickly with thrash, urban, and jilted.

Quote: Originally Posted by mamabeansyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I stopped by Sephora with the intent to just get something for my brows, a polish, and a lipstick. If the had Electric to play with I was definitely going to check it out. There weren't any Electrics displayed so I went ahead and walked towards the counter with my things.

When I passed by the studio area, I saw an open Electric and a boxed Electric. Asked a sales rep if they had any for sale today and he told me that the boxed one was the last one! I got so excited and immediately scooped it up without even playing, haha!
No regrets on this one. Everyone's right, the colors do really blend well together and daytime looks aren't too difficult!
smile.gif

Look I threw together really quickly with thrash, urban, and jilted.
pretty!! ya'll are making me want this so so so bad

Thanks! I was on the fence about it until my impulsiveness took over. Now I am super happy to have added it to my collection. Looking forward to using some blues today!

I'm dog sitting this weekend and have nothing but time on my hands. So... Here is today's electric look!
Used Laura Mercier's primer first. Then I patted Freak on the inner 1/3, Fringe on the ourter 1/3 blended well. Jilted in the crease and blended up. To help blend/for the brow boneI used Habit from Vice 2. Working my way from outer to inner on the bottom lash I lined/blended with Urban, Fringe, Freak. As a liner on my lid I used Kat Von D's Trooper. This palette is my new obsession.

I went to Sephora today to look at this little pretty, and I'm glad I did. I just wasn't as impressed with it in person. 

I'm in love with the idea of this pallette. But looking at it over and over, I know I'd only use four of the shades. 

I took a look at the Sleek palette in Acid (http://www.sleekmakeup.com/acid-i-divine-palett-acid-i-divine-palette) and it will ship to Canada, so I guess those ingredients are deemed safe here. 

I'm just so in love with the four shades in the UD that I wish I could buy them seperately. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Nyxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm in love with the idea of this pallette. But looking at it over and over, I know I'd only use four of the shades. 

I took a look at the Sleek palette in Acid (http://www.sleekmakeup.com/acid-i-divine-palett-acid-i-divine-palette) and it will ship to Canada, so I guess those ingredients are deemed safe here. 

I'm just so in love with the four shades in the UD that I wish I could buy them seperately. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah honestly if you don't love all the colors, don't purchase it and just go with the Sleek Palette instead if you want a dupe. I received mine was a freebie so I didn't invest any money in it, but I really do like color so I get use out of all of them (even if it's just in a subtle way). I spend a lot of money on makeup (unfortunately) and I don't think it's worth the price for what you're getting... I think UD could have kept the price around $36 or so, but $49 seems a bit much. They've also upped the price of their Naked1-3 palettes to $54... I remember when they were $50! 

Here's my look today and I used the Chaos and Gonzo on the bottom lash line.

Yeah honestly if you don't love all the colors, don't purchase it and just go with the Sleek Palette instead if you want a dupe. I received mine was a freebie so I didn't invest any money in it, but I really do like color so I get use out of all of them (even if it's just in a subtle way). I spend a lot of money on makeup (unfortunately) and I don't think it's worth the price for what you're getting... I think UD could have kept the price around $36 or so, but $49 seems a bit much. They've also upped the price of their Naked1-3 palettes to $54... I remember when they were $50! 

Pretty! I do like the looks I've seen done with the palette, I just know I won't use the blues or greens. The only ones I even want it for are Revolt, Jilted, Urban and Fringe. And I have the Bora Bora quad by Be A Bombshell with that gorgeous teal. 

To even get this here I would have to buy from Sephora Canada and it's $58, the Naked palette's retail for $64. 

I could just get the Sleek, like you said, with shipping it would only be like $13.

Pretty! I do like the looks I've seen done with the palette, I just know I won't use the blues or greens. The only ones I even want it for are Revolt, Jilted, Urban and Fringe. And I have the Bora Bora quad by Be A Bombshell with that gorgeous teal. 

To even get this here I would have to buy from Sephora Canada and it's $58, the Naked palette's retail for $64. 

I could just get the Sleek, like you said, with shipping it would only be like $13.
Hehe I'm originally from Canada! That's such a pain that it's so much more expensive there, ugh, they should really just sell things for the same price, what a rip off. Agreed, you can achieve the same looks using a wide variety of other shadows. If you have the UD Book of Shadows (any volume) I'm sure you'll find some dupes, or close to what's in the Electric palette, too. 

Hehe I'm originally from Canada! That's such a pain that it's so much more expensive there, ugh, they should really just sell things for the same price, what a rip off. Agreed, you can achieve the same looks using a wide variety of other shadows. If you have the UD Book of Shadows (any volume) I'm sure you'll find some dupes, or close to what's in the Electric palette, too. 
I'm ok with a few dollars difference, because I know that the US dollar is stronger right now, but I almost wish that everything was in US dollars instead of being $10 more CAD. 

I have the electric palette on my wishlist now, so hoping that someone gets it for me as a gift! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by mamabeansyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm dog sitting this weekend and have nothing but time on my hands. So... Here is today's electric look!

Used Laura Mercier's primer first. Then I patted Freak on the inner 1/3, Fringe on the ourter 1/3 blended well.
Jilted in the crease and blended up. To help blend/for the brow boneI used Habit from Vice 2.
Working my way from outer to inner on the bottom lash I lined/blended with Urban, Fringe, Freak.
As a liner on my lid I used Kat Von D's Trooper.

This palette is my new obsession.
Cute!

Pretty!

Back