So, what is your go to...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eyeshadows and/or lippies? Namely, the few colors you'll use daily if need be... Or whenever you can't figure out a good combo? I've decided it's time I find myself at least two e/s I know I could wear daily if everything else was taken from me LOL! And preferrably NOT LE colors too... Then, whenever I have issues trying to come up with a good combo (as it often happens), I'll have something to wear anyway LOL! I'm getting some good neutral colors...

ANYWHO! What are your go-to items? Do tell, do tell! (Kathy, you laughing still?!)

Hmm.. i think my go to eyeshadows are espresso by mac, and glistening patina (crazy name lol) by shiseido. Sometimes woodwinked too. I'll pretty much always use those colours when i'm getting ready to go out somewhere nice.

Eyeshadows = Covergirl whipped shadows in Copper and gold, Nyx brown, Prestige golden retriver, wet n wild in mink (I think thats what its called)

Lipies = Nyx lip balm in coconut/ grape , Einstein's lip therapy, Smith's salve

cool thread aquilah!

subtle pigment

tan pigment

retro speck

twinks

mac clear lipglass

mac vgvi lipglass

or underage

Eyes: Milani Java bean, Milani golden bronze, Stila bronze (LE- oops!) shadow pot

Lips: softlips (any flavour)

For me it is:

Eye combo: UDPP, Shroom on browbone, all that glitters or gleam or stila kitten on lid, soft brown on crease, mulch on outer V. Mascara would be Loreal HIP.

Or just the LORAC croc palette. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I could live just with that pallete alone.

For eyeliner I could make due just with bobbi brown chocolate shimmer ink gel eyeliner.

For blush I could live just with EDM weekend getaway and MAC naked you (and the blush from the croc palette LOL since I said I can live with that palette alone)

For highlighter, MAC shimpagne of course.

And for lippies, if I only had MAC Hug me l/s and the stila l/g from the stila perfectly kitten kit, I would be all set. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For me it would be:

Eyes-MAC Amberlights, Bronze, Woodwinked, Embark

Lips-MAC Charismatic lipstick

my newest go-to e/s combo is thanks to jen!

eyes: stila kitten on lid, stila golightly on crease, mac graphic brown f/l on upper and lower liner, mac soft-charcoal/maple brow shader as brow filler and highlight, mac wheat brow finisher and mascara

blush: so ceylon msf

lips: anything neutral

You know, that's what I'm thinking I need as a go-to, and I've been debating on it for a while now LMAO! Either Golightly or Barefoot Contessa ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my go to e/s combo right now is shroom w/ espresso outer lid, and either dipdown or blacktrack to line, seem to be wearing that combo a lot lately. i don't have a go to lip color - um when I can't figure it out I just go with lip balm, terrible, I know!!

My neutral everyday no-brainer combo would be a light pink on the lid and a chocolate brown in the crease..

Eyes: Melon pigment and Tempting (both by MAC). I also like Subtle pigment, but it's LE.

Lips: Chanel Rouge Double Intensite in Amethyst, but that's been discontinued. Of course, I bought 5 of them! :rotfl: I also love MAC Whirl lip pencil topped with MAC Viva Glam VI lipglass. Well, VG VI alone or on top of anything is great!

Eyes: MAC Honey Lust all over lid and slightly above crease. MAC Bronze outer v and crease.

MAC Teddy e/l or MAC Dipdown Fluidline

Lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss- Raisin Glaze

eyes: NYX Pearl shados in Rust and Fanta

lips: Nicka #12 or #14 l/g AND Blistex herbal lip balm

My daily staples are:

Loreal HIP lipgloss - Darling

MAC lustreglass - Beaux

Sally Hansen Clear lipliner(can be worn with any lip product)

Milan Minerals es/multipurpose - Dusty Pink & The Truth

Shadows: Hazelnut or whipped coco

Lip: Satin Lips lips balm with Dusty Pink liner as a fill in by MK

e/s - highlight -mac yogurt, relvon pink tulle

base - maybelline copper cabana (actually a blush, but makes a beautiful base!)

crease - iman gem

no liner for everyday (makes me look more natural for work)

lippies - burt's bee lip balm (or my new sephora mango lip butter from my ss, jen!)

mac viva glam VI, tropez liner in buttered rum, vsc mirror, mirror gloss in pink slip. when i want a bold lip, milani lip pencil in red velvet with the same liner and gloss!

Back