Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my box. Hmmmm...the texture of the wrap is weird. The only items I will keep are the sunglasses (they seem cheap quality, but are cute) and the ring. Everything else is going to be swapped. Since I wouldn't pay $50 for those two items, I don't think this was worth it to me. I want to cancel....however, I finally used the April purse yesterday and I loved it. I actually got a compliment ( people don't really notice my purses.) It's the kind of thing I would never have bought, but love it now that I have it. So, now I'm having that subscription box addict issue of not wanting to miss out on something good like that in the future....

I just got my box of GARBAGE!!!! COME ONNNNNN seriously?? This is garbage. And p.s. I have this nail polish color already from 2 years ago.. discontinued garbage. Again!!! Wtf with Ultra freebie gloss?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this box is bad at all. There was a theme which was cool. I like the kimono. I thinks it's fun and easy to wear. The sunglasses are cheap, but really cute! The ring isn't really me, but l'll give it a try. I love the color lip gloss and nail polish I received. The free sponges are great, I love all the different sizes. Overall, I'm happy with it and plan on sticking around.

I received my box yesterday and was so disappointed!  Since I knew I would be getting this box, I had tried to give myself a pep talk about it: Black and white or ivory scarf and black sunglasses - I can work with that.  I can try out the sponges and the ring.  I thought I would probably end up tossing the Ulta gloss and the magnetic polish.

When I opened my box there were no sponges, the scarf was black and a darker tan or khaki color, and the sunglasses were huge animal-print patterned tortoiseshell colored plastic with gold metal arms (arms?).  The three white pieces on the ring were not set into the metal all the way, so they stick out unattractively.   And, the polish will not mix, even though I shook it and rolled it.

Not sure if I want to keep the kimono.  I have broad shoulders, so I would most likely use it as a scarf, but I worry the the arm holes will be hard to hide.  I will hold it up to my skin in the light to see if it looks o.k..  Khaki is usually not my color.

I will toss the gloss and polish, since people have been saying they may be old anyway.  I have three teenaged nieces, so I can send them the ring.  The glasses are flimsy, gaudy and unattractive, at least on me, so I will toss them.  I wish I had received the sponges so that box would have been worth a few more dollars to me.

My one positive comment about the box is that I think they did a good job with the styling advise. 

I've cancelled my subscription.  Other than the Posh Pod, this has got to be my most disappointing beauty box.  It's sad to see a box go from an inspired vision into the junk / expired product place.

I have the melie bianco bag in blush pink from Aprils box, I believe? How did all of you get the optional shoulder strap? I can't carry a top handle bag like this one :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My wrap is brown...I much would have rather gotten the black and white one. I don't wear brown very often at all! I can probably make it work but not as easily as i could the black and white one. Has anyone figured out how to make it the actual wrap? I put it on and it just looks like the vest version...I thought I was going to love this box after I saw the preview but then I opened it and now I'm 'meh' about it. I don't hate it but I think that Boho Chic is such an easy box to do.

-An actual kimono (not a weird vest thing) that's just one size fits all (or even a large/smaller size that you can select in the beginning of the month) 

-A pair of round (like completely round) sunglasses, not 'vintage' cat eye (Audrey Hepburn -though I love her- is NOT Boho Chic),

-A head band of some sort (HEAD BANDS ARE THE STAPLE OF BOHO CHIC),

-The ring is fine though a extra long layered necklace would have been better. 

-A gorgeous nude lipstick not ULTA brand lipgloss that comes in every free 15pc gift with purchase set they do. 

-And then a blue (think Essie Bikini So Teeny) or mint nail polish, or even a tribal print nail wrap would have been cool. Not two seasons ago magnetic nail polish that doesn't even work. 

It took me five minutes to make that box. Boho chic is not hard to. I don't think that this box is horrible I just don't think it's the best nor do I think it's boho chic. 

I have the melie bianco bag in blush pink from Aprils box, I believe? How did all of you get the optional shoulder strap? I can't carry a top handle bag like this one :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think most people who got the strap contacted Socialbliss directly. They were charged $4(ish) for shipping, but nothing else. I'm not sure if they would still have them though since it's been a few months.

Got my box today! First of all, it' WAY better than last month's.

The wrap looks fun--I think you put it on 'upside down' to get the kimono look. I got the black one I've seen in most boxes. I'm sure I'll find a few occasions to wear it. I like it as a scarf, too. The vest look definitely doesn't suit me.

I can always use lip gloss--it's a mellow pink color and not too sticky for me.

The sponges (this month's 'bonus gift') are great. I used the code but didn't share publicly on Facebook (don't tell me what do!) and still got them, for what it's worth. 

The nail polish is meh--just tried this out. The color is OK--not a summery color, but pretty. I got about 2 nails to do something sort of pattern-y, but it really just looks like a mess. Will try again. Not my fave, but it's fun to get something new. 

I love the ring! It fits perfectly and I love the look. 

And I was really not looking forward to the sunglasses--I have a slightly crooked face (or ears, more realistically) and glasses always fit funny. Plus, in most glasses I just look like a child-like bug, so I've never ever found a pair I like. I usually buy a pair of cheap ones every summer and wait til they break. But these sunglasses! I love them! They actually look OK on me and I can see me wearing them all the time! Wish I knew what brand they were so I could get another pair when I inevitably break these. 

Oh man, I'm so bummed. Didn't love the box, but the ring is totally my style. That and the glasses is what made me feel okay about the $50 I spent. Even though both items are flimsy, they are stylish and wearable. I wore the ring for a few hours and it unravelled! I'm lucky I didn't scratch myself on the metal. I've contacted SB customer service. Hopefully they will make it right and send me a new ring. I actually love the idea of this box, but the quality of some of the items has been so poor. He box should be $30 based on the quality. I don't want to cancel. Again, I just hope the customer service team makes it right. I haven't given up on them yet....,

image.jpg

I heard back from SB. They will replace the ring in my next box. Im satisfied with their customer service and I'll be sticking around for another month. I'm really hoping for a purse next month!!!

July is looking so good.. we couldn't help but share! Here's a sneak peek of some sweet summer metallics (value $110) coming up in this month 

Gotta have it? Don't skip on July

Anybody see this!?!?! I think its cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like a metallic purse for sure. They are really big on purses, aren't they? 

I'd say the turquoise wrap bracelet will also be in the box. 

Latest posts

Back