Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I have to say she 'erin" must receive some compensation or work for them. Not only are her points way to elaborate, but everything is gramericialy correct to the point of annoyece. I don't proffered read my posts to that point. And who the ef is that pumped about dollar store "goodies"? I too was charged for another 3 month sub and tried to email they said too late basicially. Needless to say I wasn't pleastly suprised and pumped for 3 more garbage finds. And why does my tacky july purse smell like a dead fish??

When I tried to cancel a few month ago I got not answer.  After a month or so of trying to contact them  I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges and blocked them from charging me. I also sent the box they sent me after I cancelled back to them.  It was returned to me saying there was no such address.  The address was a building where people can use an address that isn't real as a virtual office.  Erin isn't the only person they have posting excited things for dollar store junk.  If you look on facebook there are a  bunch others who are so obviously planted there. I have no clue how these people stay in business. Other than them making a huge profit off of people who are to trusting .

Do you know if there is a trade thread for socialbliss? I somehow missed that the June box I got on eBay had a different kimono than what most received - it's mainly cream with black accents instead of mainly black with cream accents. Hoping to trade for the more common version.

I'm so disappointed in SB right now! They promised to send me the replacement for my broken ring from last month in this month's box along with a bonus. Well, the "bonus" was a glitter nail file (why not send the actual bracelet bonus they sent to other subscribers who didn't receive a bad item in the last box.) Also, they sent me a different color ring and then one of the stones fell out of that one within a few hours of wearing it! And the chain was just thrown into the bottom of the box, so some of it spilled out of the box and I guess it was the post office that tapped over the spilled chain with strapping tape. Needles to say, the chain broke as I carefully tried to pry the tape off.

I was overly patient with them, and gave them a whole month to resolve my issue (they were too cheap to just send me a replacement ring last month when I contacted them.) They obviously don't want my business.

They deleted a bunch of negative statements from there facebook page.  I went to show my friend and they were deleted.

Beware ladies they will NOT allow you to cancel your box.  I have tried  to contact them and they do not answer.  I  had to throw the whole may box out was such junk,  I am staying with popsugar which  is a great deal with nice quality items. If you look at   facebook  they have  people they plant on there to rave about the dollar store stuff.  Very disapointed with this box.   All the others I have tried I loved.

I am so horrified by what I'm reading here!  I am so thankful now that my card wouldn't work on their site!!  I am going to remove everything I have about them off my blog!  I refuse to give any mentions to shady companies!

Whoa.  I didn't see what they were saying in here but the twitter spamming and everything else just seems so desperate.  I really had high hopes for this sub...think there is any chance of them turning it around?

I canceled today :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I had too many sub-par experiences with them to justify the cost. I will say that I don't think they are an evil company or anything. And I do think they have great curation, but it's too expensive for me considering the lower quality items. I hope they find a way to lower their prices closer to $40 (including shipping). I would be willing to give them a try in the future if I see the boxes getting better or cheaper. For people wanting to try it out and getting scared off by this thread, I think it's worth a try. I didn't have any trouble canceling as others mentioned, so....

(I had an actual horrific experience with Her Fashion Box, so the SB stuff seems pale by comparison. )

I disagree with you  this is a horribly curated box. and the customer service is non existent.   Any email I sent to them was not answered. This is the only box I have had a problem with.  I do think that if they lowered the box to 20 dollars a month with shipping people would be happier.  Also  they need to stop sending discontinued items and plastic purses. They also delete mostly all the negative comments from facebook as well as questions  I have asked them.   They pay peeople or a service to post possitive  comments about them on twitter and facebook.   If you follow them you will notice this.

I disagree with you  this is a horribly curated box. and the customer service is non existent.   Any email I sent to them was not answered. This is the only box I have had a problem with.  I do think that if they lowered the box to 20 dollars a month with shipping people would be happier.  Also  they need to stop sending discontinued items and plastic purses. They also delete mostly all the negative comments from facebook as well as questions  I have asked them.   They pay peeople or a service to post possitive  comments about them on twitter and facebook.   If you follow them you will notice this.
I have to admit I haven't really checked their facebook or twitter. They should stop paying people to post positive comments and use their financial resources to either lower their prices or get higher quality items.

Their FB page is interesting. They have more overall "Likes" than PSMH (70k vs 40k) and they've been around since 2011 vs 2012 for PSMH but some of the stats seem iffy. (I picked PSMH because it's roughly the same price)

https://www.facebook.com/SocialBliss/likes

SB has 63 people talking about it and 11 new likes. The most engaged demo is 18-24 yr olds in Rio(!). 7 people have posted to their page in July. SB doesn't ship outside the US so the Rio thing is quite odd

https://www.facebook.com/PopSugarMustHave/likes

PSMH has 539 people talking about it and 361 new likes. The most engaged demo is 25-34 yr olds in NYC. Over 50 people have posted to their page in July.

You know who doesn't post to FB wall? Bots. I also kept seeing the same few people like SB's posts over and over and over.

I actually like these boxes for the most part. I agree that the best months were Feb and March (use my ivory melie bag almost everyday) but I actually though this month was pretty good for me. I rarely use make-up (and don't even know how to put on eyelashes) so I'll probably give that to a friend.. and kinda scared to try the body chain, but I felt with this month's bag, I got what I paid for.

remember the May fiasco? that month was was probably the worst for me! but at least they asked for feedback and it actually felt like they listened since I noticed that it's been back to style items rather than beauty..

not the prettiest website either and their fb could use A LOT of work.. but any company can pay to have their psots get more likes. half the time, I only get maybe only a few posts from the pages I like, while some of my friends with online stores and pages barely pop-up on my newsfeed.. either way I still have hope that they get better and will probably stay with them and PSMH for a little bit longer

**EDIT**

so.. many.. errors.. d'oh! >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
also.. am I the only one that got the blue purse? I haven't seen any one else on Instagram with one.

Latest posts

Back