Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lolz, this thread is such a mess of customer service horror, dollar store products, terrible PR attempts and deleted posts. I'm not sure if the original poster deleted them, if someone else did or if I'm completely imagining it :laughno: :rotfl:

Any and all of these are possible options.

Hi folks. Just a reminder if you see any posts that violates MUTs rules please REPORT the post to us. At the bottom of each post you'll see in faint gray lettering (on desktop mode) the word Report. We'll look into the matter and either leave the post or remove it if it does break the rules. Just remember we won't remove posts just because you disagree with what's being said only if it breaks the rules.

Also, we are aware of which accounts belong to Social Bliss and which do not. I've banned two more accounts created today by Social Bliss associates. There is another new account here on MUT however that member is not a Social Bliss employee/associate/rep. Trust me, we know which accounts are legit and which are not so just report any suspected accounts and we'll look into it.

Yay Zadi!

Also, we are aware of which accounts belong to Social Bliss and which do not. I've banned two more accounts created today by Social Bliss associates. There is another new account here on MUT however that member is not a Social Bliss employee/associate/rep. Trust me, we know which accounts are legit and which are not so just report any suspected accounts and we'll look into it.
They're just doubling down now. Ridiculous!

Now, before anyone accuses me of working for Socialbliss or anything I do not. In fact I work at Panera bread if you really want to know. I haven't been subscribed for too long but while I do find some of the ways that they go about things to be a bit shady I don't think that this box is really all that bad. It's right around the same price as Popsugar (though I don't think that they can really be compared) and then we have to pay for shipping which I don't mind because I love when my boxes get to me faster. Sure, some of the items are from 'last season' but to be completely honest who even cares? I don't and I'm a 20 year old college student who loves fashion and beauty. I really loved that gold clutch from last month. Like it's probably on the top tens list of my favorite items from subscription boxes. And I know for a fact that I would never have picked that out for myself in the store. This box might not be the right box for some people but some people really like it and I like to come to this discussion page to hopefully see some spoilers that I missed but everyone is just bashing it. If you don't like your quote 'box of junk', then unsubscribe, because what you might find to be a box of junk someone else might really like. I love MUT and love being a part of a community of women who share some of the same passions as me but sometime people on here are a little unrealistic. There have been Popsugar boxes that I've hated, there have been ipsy bags that I have hated, but I don't sit and bash the company for it. (I know that they are doing some shady stuff on their facebook page and on here. You don't need to tell me) But when it comes to what comes in the boxes I think that everyone at MUT is a little unrealistic. You sign up for these boxes knowing that what you are going to receive is a surprise. And yeah you know what sometimes you might not like what comes in the boxes but you signed up for that possibility. If you don't want to have the chance of not liking something in the box or it not being up to your 'standard of fashion and cutting edge products" then go to the store and buy it yourself. No one is forcing you to be signed up for these boxes.  

And I really don't want to be attacked because of this post. Obviously I don't think that they should be buying fans on facebook, or pretending to be costumers on here but if you don't like it then honestly just unsubscribe. It's not really that hard. 

Now, before anyone accuses me of working for Socialbliss or anything I do not. In fact I work at Panera bread if you really want to know. I haven't been subscribed for too long but while I do find some of the ways that they go about things to be a bit shady I don't think that this box is really all that bad. It's right around the same price as Popsugar (though I don't think that they can really be compared) and then we have to pay for shipping which I don't mind because I love when my boxes get to me faster. Sure, some of the items are from 'last season' but to be completely honest who even cares? I don't and I'm a 20 year old college student who loves fashion and beauty. I really loved that gold clutch from last month. Like it's probably on the top tens list of my favorite items from subscription boxes. And I know for a fact that I would never have picked that out for myself in the store. This box might not be the right box for some people but some people really like it and I like to come to this discussion page to hopefully see some spoilers that I missed but everyone is just bashing it. If you don't like your quote 'box of junk', then unsubscribe, because what you might find to be a box of junk someone else might really like. I love MUT and love being a part of a community of women who share some of the same passions as me but sometime people on here are a little unrealistic. There have been Popsugar boxes that I've hated, there have been ipsy bags that I have hated, but I don't sit and bash the company for it. (I know that they are doing some shady stuff on their facebook page and on here. You don't need to tell me) But when it comes to what comes in the boxes I think that everyone at MUT is a little unrealistic. You sign up for these boxes knowing that what you are going to receive is a surprise. And yeah you know what sometimes you might not like what comes in the boxes but you signed up for that possibility. If you don't want to have the chance of not liking something in the box or it not being up to your 'standard of fashion and cutting edge products" then go to the store and buy it yourself. No one is forcing you to be signed up for these boxes.  

And I really don't want to be attacked because of this post. Obviously I don't think that they should be buying fans on facebook, or pretending to be costumers on here but if you don't like it then honestly just unsubscribe. It's not really that hard. 
I agree.  I've subscribed to Socialbliss since the first box, and I'm still a subscriber.  Have I loved every single item in every box?  Of course not.  But I subscribe to a lot of boxes, and I can't say that about any of them.  Yes, I know that people have complained about Socialbliss's CS, billing, etc.  I understand that if you've had those experiences, then you may not like the company very much.  However, I personally don't have any issues with them or their boxes.  Overall, I have definitely liked and used more of the items than not, which is why I continue to subscribe.  Take last month's box, for example.  I liked the clutch and loved the perfume and earrings.  I don't generally use false eyelashes, but I think the individual ones that came in the box will suit me much better than a full strip of lashes.  The body chain isn't my style, but I actually really like it as a necklace.  And I was just shopping on baublebar.com and saw a body chain there too.  I still wouldn't wear one, but some people certainly do and look good while doing so.    

What I would like to see would be for Socialbliss to have a lesser known, up-and-coming accessory/jewelry designer featured each month, the way they did in January and February.  Not that I mind the purses at all, but I think that focusing on a new artist with an interesting story and unique, trendy pieces would really set this box apart.  I don't know if they would go back to that, but they were able to do it in the beginning, so I guess it's possible.

Anyway, if there comes a time when I just don't like the box anymore, then I'll cancel my sub.  But for now, like I said, I'm still paying for this box.  I posted the spoiler for this month a while ago.  I am looking forward to getting that bag and the rest of the August box.  And I hope that when I do get it, I can come here and actually enjoy a discussion about it, like I do on the other threads on MUT.  

I agree. I've subscribed to Socialbliss since the first box, and I'm still a subscriber. Have I loved every single item in every box? Of course not. But I subscribe to a lot of boxes, and I can't say that about any of them. Yes, I know that people have complained about Socialbliss's CS, billing, etc. I understand that if you've had those experiences, then you may not like the company very much. However, I personally don't have any issues with them or their boxes. Overall, I have definitely liked and used more of the items than not, which is why I continue to subscribe. Take last month's box, for example. I liked the clutch and loved the perfume and earrings. I don't generally use false eyelashes, but I think the individual ones that came in the box will suit me much better than a full strip of lashes. The body chain isn't my style, but I actually really like it as a necklace. And I was just shopping on baublebar.com and saw a body chain there too. I still wouldn't wear one, but some people certainly do and look good while doing so.

What I would like to see would be for Socialbliss to have a lesser known, up-and-coming accessory/jewelry designer featured each month, the way they did in January and February. Not that I mind the purses at all, but I think that focusing on a new artist with an interesting story and unique, trendy pieces would really set this box apart. I don't know if they would go back to that, but they were able to do it in the beginning, so I guess it's possible.

Anyway, if there comes a time when I just don't like the box anymore, then I'll cancel my sub. But for now, like I said, I'm still paying for this box. I posted the spoiler for this month a while ago. I am looking forward to getting that bag and the rest of the August box. And I hope that when I do get it, I can come here and actually enjoy a discussion about it, like I do on the other threads on MUT.
Well said. I've posted on here and tried to stay somewhat neutral. I like some of their stuff, I don't like other stuff. I ended up canceling, but I hope they succeed as a company.

Maybe those who still subscribe should consider starting a new thread for a more positive focused conversation. I know there is a new Popsugar thread each month. Maybe you all could do a Sept Social Bliss thread.

Maybe those who still subscribe should consider starting a new thread for a more positive focused conversation. I know there is a new Popsugar thread each month. Maybe you all could do a Sept Social Bliss thread.
I highly encourage this. We don't mind if there are new threads each month to talk about a specific box. We have monthly threads for Julep, Birchbox, Ipsy, Pop Sugar and a few other boxes.

In the top left there is a icon that looks like a window and when you click on it it says special bb code and select spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
they have to up their game or they will go out of bussiness really would like to know what they put in this latest box

So sorry for delay ladies!!!! Phone died...

purple purse

double bar cuff bracelet

bare ess. lip brush

visor

metallic Hex tattoo

turquoise necklace By influence 1408990132017.jpg

1408990209302.jpg

1408990258991.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the purlple bag. Although I got the blue one which is nice too. I'm going to use it as a normal purse/bag not the beach. I wouldn't want to ruin it by doing that.

Necklace and bracelet are amazing as well. I'm a bit on the fence regarding the hat. But it is cute regardless.

Also, I'm thinking social bliss is doing just fine. We are almost in September and they are still in business. So I wouldn't be worried about subscribing. Customer service is great, shipping great, and I love most of their boxes.

Great month Social Bliss. Great Job! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to agree that this month has most definitely been better then the past few horible dollar store goodies.. the hat.. ummm even grandma said she didn't like it.. haha..

I still fell the quality is just not there. I also am starting to think that if this box were $30 with shipping, I wouldn't be as disappointing to receive this quality of stuff...

butttttt, better job this mobth socialbliss!! Thanks for listening.

I have no idea what USPS is doing with my box.  It was supposed to arrive yesterday but for some reason has been touring a neighboring state.  Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.  From the pictures I've seen, I think it looks pretty good.  I actually like the hat!  Looking forward to the jewelry too  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Welp, I just recieved my final socialbliss box.. I'm so thankfully I'm finished with that, After 6 months of being disipointed. I do feel the concept is better, I'm just discussed with the the low terrible quality... ughh

I received mine this afternoon too. It's lame. I'm really glad this is my final box.

While I actually think the clutch is cute, and the necklace is fine, the ring confuses me and the mascara is a repeat for me. The value isn't here for me. Just happy to be done with this sub. But seriously, I have super skinny fingers, my wedding bands are a size 6 and this ring doet even go over my pinky knuckle.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I received mine this afternoon too. It's lame. I'm really glad this is my final box.

While I actually think the clutch is cute, and the necklace is fine, the ring confuses me and the mascara is a repeat for me. The value isn't here for me. Just happy to be done with this sub. But seriously, I have super skinny fingers, my wedding bands are a size 6 and this ring doet even go over my pinky knuckle.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The ring is a midi ring, it's supposed to be very small and fit on the top knuckle of your fingers.

Back