Social Bliss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like these boxes for the most part. I agree that the best months were Feb and March (use my ivory melie bag almost everyday) but I actually though this month was pretty good for me. I rarely use make-up (and don't even know how to put on eyelashes) so I'll probably give that to a friend.. and kinda scared to try the body chain, but I felt with this month's bag, I got what I paid for.

remember the May fiasco? that month was was probably the worst for me! but at least they asked for feedback and it actually felt like they listened since I noticed that it's been back to style items rather than beauty..

not the prettiest website either and their fb could use A LOT of work.. but any company can pay to have their psots get more likes. half the time, I only get maybe only a few posts from the pages I like, while some of my friends with online stores and pages barely pop-up on my newsfeed.. either way I still have hope that they get better and will probably stay with them and PSMH for a little bit longer
**EDIT**
so.. many.. errors.. d'oh! >.<
Your the person who signed up yesterday and messaged me  that you worked for them on here asking me about all my negative posts.  You do the graphic arts work.    I looked at all posts too.  I was hoping you would stop and I wouldn't have to call you out on here. People who work for them should not be posting like you are its not right.

Your the person who signed up yesterday and messaged me  that you worked for them on here asking me about all my negative posts.  You do the graphic arts work.    I looked at all posts too.  I was hoping you would stop and I wouldn't have to call you out on here. People who work for them should not be posting like you are its not right.
um.. really? lol I work as a receptionist so..

Hi folks. As a reminder that we moderators need you folks to report any issue or suspicions you have to us. The reports will take directly to a person's post - that was reported - and from there we can do our magic to look into things and handle situations as needed.

Oh lolz! They've already had one person kicked off for spamming this thread...

Erin's back on MSA for August's promo code post and her tone has completely changed:

I find it infuriating that all their promos are for NEW subscribers only. I’ve emailed them about it twice since I’ve been one of their biggest defenders during questionable quality box months. Other than one promo for a free gift not one has been for loyal customers. This totally torqued me off to see. They were complete a-holes when I mentioned that it encouraged folks to unsubscribe and then resub to get the new customer only deals, by saying they actively work to prevent that and will block anyone who tries it. Way to go SB! Great customer service for the ones who have been with you since month #1. If I buy a 3 month sub now (and/or “upgrade”) I lose the lower shipping price benefit. I did the math and it’s $2.10 savings for shipping for grandfathered members. It’s $6 savings with this coupon, so that comes out as a wash for me. Actually, it saves me .30 over the sub period. Perhaps they need to actually take a look at the disincentives they’re giving existing customers to upgrade? If Aug doesn’t blow me away, I’m just done period. No more defending iffy value boxes for me. I tried to support them but this is one slap in the face too many for me.
http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/08/social-bliss-style-box-18-coupon-code.html

Erin's back on MSA for August's promo code post and her tone has completely changed:

http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/08/social-bliss-style-box-18-coupon-code.html
I haven't really been following this - but it sounds odd. And a backhanded way of saying it's only a tiny savings for the promos.  No one would sound so outraged over 30 cents.  Or maybe I missed something.  I'm no longer a subscriber but still have this as thread I follow for some reason.   Sounds funny. 

This thread is my "where is my popcorn" thread, it's always entertaining. 

I feel like between Erin and bwonderful and the other person whose posts were deleted we should try to give socialbliss some pointers since they are obviously following the thread.  Here are mine:

- Don't pay people for likes or to comment on your posts or to pose as customers on MUT or MSA or anywhere else.  That's gross and desperate.

- Your early boxes were awesome.  If you spent half as much time/money focusing on being awesome again instead of the activities in the previous bullet, the buzz you so desperately seek will come.

- Be honest about your product values.  The Izzy and Ali coin purse was supposedly worth $36, but when I bought it for $9.99 off amazon it had a $20 price tag still attached.  The value of the larger bags is even more inflated.  I know most subs do this but it's really insulting to our intelligence. 

- It's okay to say "Hey, we realize this purse was from last year but it fits this year's trend so perfectly we couldn't resist it!"  Just be honest! 

- While I am okay with older accessories as long as they are still on trend, I am not okay with old/expired makeup.  You should care enough about your customers to not want us to have a bad reaction to sketchy products.

- I would rather have fewer high quality items than a ton of junky items. 

- Stay away from cheap no-name jewelry (or, as the ladies on this thread like to call it, "dollar store goodies").  This is a $50 box, it should feel more expensive. 

- If you can't get nicer items, you really need to drop the price of the box.  It's simply not worth it (or at least it hasn't been for the past few months). 

- Return our phone calls and emails in a timely manner.

I want to love this box, I really do.  Hopefully you guys can turn it around and win us back!

I read a funny and worthwhile quote today..

"Sometimes I have to remember- Not my monkeys! Not my circus!"

I am so thankful every day that I didn't get sucked into SB, because companies with drama mama's like this are usually circling the drain. The great companies don't have to defend themselves, their products speak for themselves, plus they are too busy WORKING to stalk discussion boards. 

" Not my monkey", though.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I so couldn't have said it better my self laureniniwalk. I hope they take this into concideration, since they are stalking us on her for a reason.. right?!?! I'm all for honesty. If my sub hadn't been forgotten about and not canceled i soooo wouldn't have renewed. I will totally not let it happen again. I never though sunscreen from PSMH would look uh-mazing! Or hair oil and an ugly clutch from FFF.

I to want to love this box. Well hell I just want to like it at this point!!!!

I read a funny and worthwhile quote today..

"Sometimes I have to remember- Not my monkeys! Not my circus!"

I am so thankful every day that I didn't get sucked into SB, because companies with drama mama's like this are usually circling the drain. The great companies don't have to defend themselves, their products speak for themselves, plus they are too busy WORKING to stalk discussion boards. 

" Not my monkey", though.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
LOL Saw that on Ipsy.

o5eA491.png

Yep, saw it on FB and I incorporated it immediately. I wish I had that graphic on a sign on my bedroom door. And maybe in my car too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just wanted to say "No, I do not work for Social Bliss" however I will say I am a bit surprised to read all the negative feed back.

No matter what you may think about their items or the quality of, I will say I have had nothing but a great experience with there customer service.

I received my July purse with a crease in it. I wrote customer service and they said they would replace my bag for me. Not only did they replace it but it literally came two day's later! And they said I could keep the original one purse. "Tammy" was my customer service rep and she is truly amazing!

In March when I wanted to order a strap for my purse customer service again was on it. Sent the strap out within 2 days. Their shipping does rock.

I have had a great experience with them and their products. Love all their purses and wallets. I can never have to many purses. Some months are a bit hit or miss but that is with any sub box.

(I wanted to post the email conversation but I can not figure out how to cut and paste it on here or even attach it).

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who is unsure of Social Bliss and that not everyone's experiences are bad.

Thanks Again Tammy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just wanted to say "No, I do not work for Social Bliss" however I will say I am a bit surprised to read all the negative feed back.

No matter what you may think about their items or the quality of, I will say I have had nothing but a great experience with there customer service.

I received my July purse with a crease in it. I wrote customer service and they said they would replace my bag for me. Not only did they replace it but it literally came two day's later! And they said I could keep the original one purse. "Tammy" was my customer service rep and she is truly amazing!

In March when I wanted to order a strap for my purse customer service again was on it. Sent the strap out within 2 days. Their shipping does rock.

I have had a great experience with them and their products. Love all their purses and wallets. I can never have to many purses. Some months are a bit hit or miss but that is with any sub box.

(I wanted to post the email conversation but I can not figure out how to cut and paste it on here or even attach it).

Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who is unsure of Social Bliss and that not everyone's experiences are bad.

Thanks Again Tammy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree, Tammy is an awesome customer service rep for Social Bliss, even though I am no longer subscribed.  

I had kind of mediocre customer service the 3 times I dealt with them. It was a male. (I won't mention his name because I'm sure he is working hard and just stressed out like all of us who work in customer service.) His emails were always curt and they didn't ever really apologize for the fact that I kept getting damaged items. He did eventually fix the problem (though I had to wait over a month for the fix.) Better service might have kept me a month longer, but the service wasn't my deciding factor to cancel.

I'm sure they are inundated with complaints. Clearly, based on the facebook stuff and their posts on here, they are trying to right their reputation. I respect that. But... I still canceled. Hopefully, they will work on providing consistently good customer service and improving the quality of the items in the box or lowering the price. Like I've mentioned before, I wish them the best and hope they are able to keep their business afloat. I hate to see unique sub boxes close down. Sparaj was one of my favorites and they definitely needed to work out some kinks, but sadly they went out of business at about the 5 month mark before they could perfect the business. I'm hoping SB figures it out and makes the fixes they need to.

I had a poor experience with SB's customer service; they allowed me to return the May box but told me to return it to sender instead of paying for return shipping, which is sketchy and might not ever have the tracking register the box's journey. Then they credited my SB account vs my credit card and charged me for the June box despite this credit for May's box being on my account. I cancelled before they shipped the June box but they couldn't cancel it for me, I had to find the hidden cancel subscription option on my profile page. Then the site kept 404-ing when I clicked on cancel, purely coincidental I'm sure, and then I had to go back and forth several times to get May and June refunded to my credit card instead of my SB account.

So not the worst experience (I didn't have to do a chargeback on my credit card) but still really annoying and when companies won't honor agreements or do what they're supposed to do until I've had to harass them by email I label them as shady and will never sign up for them again. It's also making me laugh to see the Twitter spam and the employees they've had posting on here and other sites. IMO their actions are reinforcing my opinion of them which is why I keep following this thread and adding to it when I see something else where they're showing their true nature.

There's also the dollar store items masquerading as designer goods, the outdated clearance items being listed as full retail on-trend items and other quality issues. I wasn't a member of MUT when some of the other box disasters happened so I'm enjoying watching this as it unfolds.

I wanted to chime in because I think the boxes and the customer service are crap. I cancelled last month, then received a rude email confirming my cancellation and was subsequently charged anyway and received another box of crap. Whoever is running this box must have a large profit margin for all of the free outdated/expired crap they're sending out. The price vs value is way off and their customer service is awful.

I also have had pretty good experience with customer service. I didn't save my e-mails but the name Tammy does sound familiar so it probably was her. I am a bit surprised as well at some of the more aggressive negative comments. I have certainly not been happy with everything from them- I really only liked the 2 months where I got purses. The May box was very disappointing to me, but I was able to trade most of it for items that I like and use on the MSA swap page. Same with the June box (kimono and ring). I have also been disappointed with the PSMH box and am no longer subscribed to either. Unfortunately I think with boxes that are NOT customized, it is just not possible for it to always be something everyone loves... I have found complaints about a lot of these types of boxes, including Fancy and Quarterly, etc. in regards to value on here or reviews. I think this is why the level of negativity for this particular box is surprising to me. 

That said I did get the July box as a one-off purchase AFTER I saw the spoilers and loved the purse. I had no problems only doing one instead of a subscription (and was able to use a coupon code as well). I believe that this is kind of my future method for non-customizable subscriptions. I will buy one month AFTER spoilers if I love it and they are still available, but not subscribe because the risk is not worth it to me.

I just received an email saying "tell us how you really feel please take our survey". I took the time to take the survey, I hope they take the time to listen...

Latest posts

Back