Something that annoys you about certain mu gurus on youtube

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely agree, sooner_chick. And this particular guru has never claimed to be a professional makeup artist. She just has loads of imagination and she has lovely ideas for makeup, and that's what makes her special. Why not get the credit for it, even on TV? People get famous for other ridiculous reasons, why shouldn't creative and brave (because you have to be brave to get yourself there for the public) people also be acknowledged?

Originally Posted by sooner_chick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Panecea is doing great with her makeup tututorials. I think she deserves fame.To each their own.

I really love watching her video's and I think she deserves the fame as well.

When they don't list the products used or they fast-track the video (the kind where they're doing makeup a mile a minute and the video, a supposed tutorial is only 2 mins. long).

It's annoying when there's poor lighting.. and you cant really see the colors or when they are showing the product up close and they cup it with their hand and what they are actually covering the product and dont notice.. lol

When they mess up (i.e. hey, why won't this tube of whatever I'm reviewing open?) and waste like... a minute opening it. Or if they severely mess up something they're saying. I'm used to working on productions of plays and stuff, you practice beforehand. Or since this is recorded, just REDO it. Cut and splice the video or something.

Also, less talk, more video would be nice. Iono, I learn from pictures.

I agree with many of the comments including poor lighting and prolonging the video. Another one is when they are not prepared with the products they are wanting to use and some of them scratch around trying to find an item. If your going to do a video, have everything at hand before you record.

I love watching the Haul videos and makeup collections. But it sucks when they mention something I dont know how to spell it so I can't google it. Anyways I've tried making makeup videos, its alot harder than you think, well at least for me it is. After filming, I realize how dumb, and long it is so we have to keep filming again until it looks okay. Then editing is the worse, depending on what program you have. I have the free windows movie editier that already cuts all the videos by seconds a piece, which is a pain to put together cut again, add titles etc. Maybe that's why gurus don't bother editing the useless part out, because it maybe only seconds to a minutes of the viewer's time wasted, but an hour or so of the guru's time to edit it.

I love the youtube makeup videos! I guess I'm wierd or too nice or something. When they have bad lighting I still watch cuz I feel bad for them. The only negative thing I could say is that I get annoyed when I don't have the products or brushes they have because then I can't even try to get the look....so sad

The only thing that I think some gurus could improve upon is not having a blurry camera. Some videos get really blurry when the reviewer moves and it takes a second to re-focus. It makes me sea-sick! I feel like I need to take some motion-sickness meds before I watch the video!
biggrin.gif

I think Panecea's accent and way of talking is adorable. Her skills are also pretty good too. You can attribute it to luck for her becoming famous instead of someone else, but it's nothing bad, really.

I dislike it when make up gurus test their products on the backs of their hands. We all do it while at the cosmetics shop, but we know it appears differently on the lid/lips. But I guess it can't be helped sometimes. The one thing that does annoy me is when they show people their hauls and don't swatch it. What was the point?

I am really tired of the colored contacts. Especially when they zoom in. Looks gross and creepy.

Back