(Spoiler) New Beauty Test Tube Spring-Summer 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyes must be going bad, because even with the picture I can't tell what some of the stuff is.  I guess that helps with the surprise element, though!

I can't tell what a lot of it is either, really doesent look to exciting though! Sure one of the MUT girls will fig out what all of the products are soon.

Only two of the items are featured in this quarter's magazine - the Clear conditioner and shampoo as well as the Suki exfoliating product.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only two of the items are featured in this quarter's magazine - the Clear conditioner and shampoo as well as the Suki exfoliating product.
I do like the Suki exfoliating product, so that's good.  The Clear conditioner and shampoo I've already got, so 'eh' on that.  Maybe some of the mystery items will get me excited. 

I can't make out a bunch of the products either.

The tube on the left however is June Jacobs.  I think it may be the citrus hand cream.

(great stuff if it is!)

Does anyone know what that blue bottle is next to the Paula Dorf pencil?

i was wondering what that bottle was too! i have never heard of paula dorf.

Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was wondering what that bottle was too! i have never heard of paula dorf.
Paula Dorf is/was a make up artist. She now has a line of cosmetics.

I got my first  tube yesterday, I was surprised as I hadn't had any shipping notification~   I won't post a pic, since we have one, I will just clarify the mystery by listing the products and hope I've done my first spoiler correctly 

John Frieda- Fine to Full Blow-out spray, Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser,  Clear Scalp and Hair shampoo & conditioner, Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer, one of Phyto baum hair relaxing balm OR phytomist instant hydrating conditioner, June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Masque, My Spa Life Cucumber and Aloe Face Wraps>

Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my first  tube yesterday, I was surprised as I hadn't had any shipping notification~   I won't post a pic, since we have one, I will just clarify the mystery by listing the products and hope I've done my first spoiler correctly 

John Frieda- Fine to Full Blow-out spray, Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser,  Clear Scalp and Hair shampoo & conditioner, Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer, one of Phyto baum hair relaxing balm OR phytomist instant hydrating conditioner, June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Masque, My Spa Life Cucumber and Aloe Face Wraps>

Thank you so much!!!!

Can you tell us the size (ounces) of the June Jacobs and Suki?

Maybe I'm missing it, but on the old site I could see when they had charged my card.  Now i can't see anything, so have no idea if my card has been charged or not.  How are others seeing that their cards have been charged?

I am so tired of samples of Phyto relaxing balm.  It looks/feels like mucilage.  (Thankfully doesn't smell like it.)  Does nothing for my fine, very curly hair at all.  Admittedly, the issue could be user error...if anyone else has luck with it, I salute you. 
icon_salut.gif

Also, I really don't understand how this product is considered "New Beauty".  It is not a "breakthrough" or a "product innovation".  It's been around forever.  

Maybe I'll break out one of the tubes I already have and experiment with it again.  At least I know another one's probably coming next week!        

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so tired of samples of Phyto relaxing balm.  It looks/feels like mucilage.  (Thankfully doesn't smell like it.)  Does nothing for my fine, very curly hair at all.  Admittedly, the issue could be user error...if anyone else has luck with it, I salute you. 
icon_salut.gif

Also, I really don't understand how this product is considered "New Beauty".  It is not a "breakthrough" or a "product innovation".  It's been around forever.  

Maybe I'll break out one of the tubes I already have and experiment with it again.  At least I know another one's probably coming next week!        
I'm tired of it too, I ebay them away always.  

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe I'm missing it, but on the old site I could see when they had charged my card.  Now i can't see anything, so have no idea if my card has been charged or not.  How are others seeing that their cards have been charged?
i couldnt see the charge on the site either, i had to look at my online banking.

I just received my test tube today and it contained exactly what was listed in the previous spoiler, with no "special extras." The quick value guesstimate is $65.00, which is pretty disappointing seeing that last test tube was over $100.00. Does anyone know if this is the way they intend to proceed with the new, more frequent format - no extras, lower value?

I just received my test tube today and it contained exactly what was listed in the previous spoiler, with no "special extras." The quick value guesstimate is $65.00, which is pretty disappointing seeing that last test tube was over $100.00. Does anyone know if this is the way they intend to proceed with the new, more frequent format - no extras, lower value?
I used to love the tubes for the upscale products and high values.. I feel like they are glorified glossyboxes now. Still good but not worth almost $40 with the shipping.

Oh, I was hoping there would be extras considering the seemingly low value of this tube...boo....this tube is poop....I'm wondering the same thing if this is the way they intend to proceed...the QVC is still a higher value tube.

Haven't received mine yet so will reserve judgement til then, but I'm considering cancelling.  I liked the quarterly frequency, and don't want to receive NBTT every other month.  I also do not like the lack of transparency in everything from not knowing what will be in the tube to the lack of info on when it's being billed and shipped.

Maybe I'll take my chances with getting the QVC version after they post it to their site from now on.  I'm drowning in product anyhow. 

Back