(Spoiler) New Beauty Test Tube Spring-Summer 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by junkiejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I certainly agree this was a very weak box!  Remember, there is power in numbers and some constructive criticism/ professional comments to that effect can go a long way. 
Agree. Plus the value was about half ($80) of what they promised on the website ($150)

I finally got an email from them today explaining how the tube will be shipped more frequently.

As expected I received an even bigger tube of Phyto goo to add the pile, along with John Freida and Clear products that I could buy at the drugstore. I happen to love the Suki exfoliating scrub and face wraps, though. I just don't understand why drugstore brands are in these tubes.

So I called CS today and was told the new Tube format will be starting in June,

(the one that is every other month)

This Tube was the last of the old format..so maybe that's why it was so lacking?

I did voice a complaint about the inferior quality and value of this Tube.

The rep I spoke to was very nice and she said MANY customers have filed complaints and/or cancelled.

Didn't anyone else speak to CS?

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I called CS today and was told the new Tube format will be starting in June,

(the one that is every other month)

This Tube was the last of the old format..so maybe that's why it was so lacking?

I did voice a complaint about the inferior quality and value of this Tube.

The rep I spoke to was very nice and she said MANY customers have filed complaints and/or cancelled.

Didn't anyone else speak to CS?
I might hold out hope for the next tube then, man I hope it and their website improves.  

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As expected I received an even bigger tube of Phyto goo to add the pile, along with John Freida and Clear products that I could buy at the drugstore. I happen to love the Suki exfoliating scrub and face wraps, though. I just don't understand why drugstore brands are in these tubes.
I LOVE the scrub so much that I might spring for a full size.  

I just wanted to thank you ladies! I have been thinking about subscribing and after reading this feed you have saved me! I am grateful!

Originally Posted by doema /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just wanted to thank you ladies! I have been thinking about subscribing and after reading this feed you have saved me! I am grateful!
Yeah, this is not the quarter to subscribe. I would check back in June when the new Tube is launched and consider it then.

Sooo... was I the only Test Tube subscriber who never got charged and never got a tube this month?  I guess they could be sending them out in waves, but I can't believe they still haven't charged me yet.

Call them! They updated their system recently and there were some glitches.

Tho, if you were going to skip a Tube, this would be a good one to miss. It was underwhelming. But make sure you reach them any way, before they ship out June's tube!

I sent an email complaint and received a canned response.  Oh well, makes me feel better that I voiced my opinion and perhaps they will listen if eough people complain.  The more I thought about it, I couldn't believe the chintzy drup store samples.   The Clear sample must have been worth about .25.  I got a larger one for free with a purchase from Target and that sample was twice the size.

BTW, I never got notice that they were changing to a 6x per year program.  Did the email have anything different on it than their updated website program info?

Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a copy of the spreadsheet that I keep for each one of my subs.  I included info on the tube for the previous year to illustrate the significant decline in 'free product' value which I determine by subtracting the cost of the tube from the total value of the contents.  Hope this helps.  And no, I didn't receive an email informing me of the change from quarterly tubes to bi-monthly tubes.

Test Tube Beauty            April 2013                   Product Size Color Value Review Buy John Frieda Blow-Out Spray 1 oz   1.49     Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser 1 oz   8.24     Clear Scalp & Hair Shampoo 1.7 oz   0.67     Clear Scalp & Hair Conditioner 1.7 oz   0.8     Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer .02 oz   10     Phyto Botanical Hair Relaxing Balm 1.7 oz   13.39     June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque 1.6 oz   26.81     Forever Young Face Wrap 2   10     New Beauty Magazine 1   9.95                     Total Value 81.35         Cost  29.95         Shipping 8.95         Tax 0                     FREE VALUE 42.45                     Test Tube Beauty           April 2012                   Product Size Color Value Review Buy Moroccanoil Frizz Control Full   32 good hydration, non oily, love it Y NeoStrata Skin Active Celluar Restoration .5 oz   22.58 good hydration Y SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF 5 ml   25.35 fragrance free N SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 8 ml   3.36 white cast N Perlier Grapefruit Foam Bath 2.5 oz   4.15 slight grapefruit smell, creamy N YBF Eye Liner Full Plum Noir 14.5 gave to Lacey Love N Dr. Brandt Pores no More Vaccum Cleaner .4 oz   16.5 gave to Joe, no change in pores N Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex .23 oz   6.51 strong scent, threw out N Mally Eye Shadow Stick Full Platinum 25 beautiful silver, super glide, good coverage, no smell Y Memoire Liquide Perfume .89 ml Vacances 1 didn't like, gave to Lacey Love N Memoire Liquide Perfume .89 ml Soleil 1 didn't like, gave to Lacey Love N Memoire Liquide Crème de la Crème 1.7 oz Amour 16.5 slight rose smell, good hydration, like body butter N NewBeauty Magazine 1   9.95   N             Substitute for small glass jar of  Perlier moisturizing cream   Total Value 178.4     Substitute for Dr. Brandt BB cream   Cost  29.95         Shipping 8.95         Tax n/a                     FREE VALUE 139.5                
Excellent analysis!  Thank you so much, StickyLips.  I hope you will share your opinions of the products in the latest box when you are ready.

I think it is sketchy that BTT includes the values of the discount cards as part of the value of the tube.  Sounds kinda desperate.  Hope it is a one-time thing.  Otherwise, I may cancel or maybe switch to the QVC tubes, where I can see what I would be receiving.

Haven't received notification that they will be switching to six time per year.  Does anyone know if we will be receiving magazines when the program changes to six tubes per year?  I would happily go without the magazine in order to lower the cost of the tube and the postage.

Wow thank you ladies I honestly thought I was going nuts this month. My test tube pissed me off so much I placed It in my review basket so I can deal with it when calm. It's been like 2 weeks. Still not calm. I really need to vent this out. There was NOTHING full size this month, not one little extra was included, there were products intended for someone with needs I don't have (like a hair product for curly or permed hair... But mine is straight...) And when I emailed customer service they told me they don't have any way of sending specific products and that people got different things (since when do we all get different things???) and they told me to read the packaging since they don't manufacture it and I let them know it was for a specific type of hair and they told me they goggled it finding no uses for straight hair and they woe forward my question. So wait. I just paid for an item that you knew bad a chance wouldn't suit me and you couldn't even give me one use for it on straight hair. Why were samples that were offered free included? I had no flippen idea about the 6 month thing till now. But if this is what I have to look toward to from now on they just lost a customer.

i dropped my subscription for this tube. Everything was sample sized and i don't consider the clear shampoo products to be new and innovative at all. I got a free sample of the clear shampoo in my wal greens beauty box so why pay $40 for a subscription service for items i can buy myself from the drugstore.Anyways when i called to cancel i was told there would be more items in the June tube too. i canceled anyways, will resub after seeing the contents if i like them. For the price you pray i think they should do customized boxes i have twice received products for Fair skin a tinted sunscreen and a concealer, i have no user for them, gave them away. And this month received a spray for fine thin hair again no use for it. They price and shipping costs are not changing per what i was told by their CS.

I just got an email today about them switching to the every other month system and it says that the box is estimated to arrive on or before May 22. My card was charged on April 11th. That was two entire weeks ago and the box still hasn't shipped.

What kind of company does that?? Here I am expecting the box to arrive any day now and they're saying it should ship by the end of the month. Well that's just peachy cause I had my school address on that profile and I'm going home next weekend. 

I couldn't find a way to cancel on the website so I called them and the lady was nice about it, told me she couldn't cancel that order, which I wanted to do, but at least she changed the address so I'll at least GET the sucky box that I paid for instead of having it shipped to the wrong address. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I've been holding off on switching to the QVC one but this is the last straw. QVC here I come! 

Anyone not going to use their spalooks "gift cards"? I never use mine, so I threw them away. Of course, I found something I want and need the codes to get the discount! If anyone would like to share them. I'd appreciate it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I stalked this thread when waiting for my tube but was still disappointed. Not sure my wallet can handle that any more than quarterly.

Anyone not going to use their spalooks "gift cards"? I never use mine, so I threw them away. Of course, I found something I want and need the codes to get the discount! If anyone would like to share them. I'd appreciate it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I still have mine. Let me know which of the three you want and I'll dig it out!

Back