(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would loooooove a full size of They're Real! But I just have soooo many mascara samples that I can't justify spending the money on one! I even traded away the full sized Mally Mascara that I got in my Sept BB since I just didn't want to deal with it.

Actually, I have Ipsy to thank for my recent influx... I got a Pixi mascara in my August bag, an Elizabeth Mott (she also makes the Lash Cards) mascara in my Sept bag, and I just hosted an Ipsy + Benefit LashBash so I now have a huge tube of They're Real!   I have so many from various subs and GWP's that I'm going to be passing them out like candy at Christmas!  Uncle Bob might not like his, but you can't please everyone, right?  :roflmao:

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox).

I just took a look at the line on BB and I would love the luminizer!  This will be my second month for Birchbox.  I loved September and can't wait to see what October has in store!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good
biggrin.gif

bud.gif

OT - I'm having a great day! 1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation. 2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC. 3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes). :icon_cheers:
Congrats on the job offer!! The birchblogger event sounds like fun. It's so fantastic that you were selected!

OT - I'm having a great day!

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC.

3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes).

icon_cheers.gif

That is sooo exciting!!! Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing some gossip about Birchblogger event?  
wink.gif

I'd like to sample a concealer. I got one (mineralogie maybe?) at the beginning of last year when I first stared subscribing but that's it! We got a new puppy a few weeks ago and I could use something to cover up the resulting circles under my eyes!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want to NOT receive a black eyeliner/eye pencil/liquid liner of any sort! LOL Or gum, a pen, postcards, etc....other than that, I'm good
biggrin.gif

or a mascara!  If I get one more mascara, I will flip out!

Yes all of this! But I will gladly take color liners, blush, lipstick and any other pretty makeup item they want to send.

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the job offer and being picked for the Birchblogger breakfast!

I finally got around to trying out the Davines spray, and I tried spraying it on my hands then applying to the hair as suggested. It seemed fine and I didn't have any problems with it being particularly drying, but it's not exactly a groundbreaking product for me either.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally got around to trying out the Davines spray, and I tried spraying it on my hands then applying to the hair as suggested. It seemed fine and I didn't have any problems with it being particularly drying, but it's not exactly a groundbreaking product for me either.

Love the light waves! I have hair envy. My stick straight hair takes a lot of effort to be not stick straight.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So pretty! I have hair envy too because my hair has natural tight spiral curls. I'd LOVE for my hair to look like this some times! 

icon_cheers.gif

I got invited too, but I live too far away so I had to pass :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( I hope you have fun!!

Did anyone else get the email for annual subscriptions for $99? I am a little sad cause I *just* got an annual subscription about a week ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone else get the email for annual subscriptions for $99? I am a little sad cause I *just* got an annual subscription about a week ago.
I usually get their emails, but I haven't seen that one yet.  Can you share the details?  I am thinking about upgrading to annual, but I was waiting for the best opportunity deal/bonus/points-wise.

I got invited too, but I live too far away so I had to pass :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( I hope you have fun!!

Please share that--I would like to upgrade to an annual subscription and I just received a bonus at work.

Quote: Originally Posted by easybreezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I usually get their emails, but I haven't seen that one yet.  Can you share the details?  I am thinking about upgrading to annual, but I was waiting for the best opportunity deal/bonus/points-wise.

It is YEARLY99 and it is $99 for an annual and you get 99bb points. It expires Oct 6th. I didn't get the email personally either, but I know a couple of people who got the email. I think thats a pretty good deal $8.25 per box, plus the bb points, so its closer to $3 a box

It is YEARLY99 and it is $99 for an annual and you get 99bb points. It expires Oct 6th. I didn't get the email personally either, but I know a couple of people who got the email. I think thats a pretty good deal $8.25 per box, plus the bb points, so its closer to $3 a box

I didn't get the email, I wonder if anyone can use the code?  So tempting!  I might use it even though I shouldn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jeaniney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get the email, I wonder if anyone can use the code?  So tempting!  I might use it even though I shouldn't.

I didnt get the email, but I just tried it and it works.

oh not bad! FYI they'll probably run the "upgrade to yearly and get double points" promo again as well near christmas, so that $110 for $22 in points upfront and then $60 in points over the year, which makes it closer to $2.30 a box. But then you have to buy stuff from their shop and are probably going to end up spending more money as well as a result... 

Back