(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic, but I can't believe tan towels are in the 3 year anniversary favorite shop. I mean 3 years of products to choose from and one of the most popular is the tan towels?

I TOTALLY just did that!  Mystery pack and 99 points?  Done and done.  (plus I earn miles on my card.....yay!)
I'm going to as well! I'm waiting until October 1st so I can get the best rewards options with my credit card. Haha

I would love some hand cream or maybe a nice body scrub. I just revamped my profile so I'm pretty eager to see what I'll have coming! Although I AM going to try to go spoiler free this month- if I can hold out. (doubt it)

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you count in the 99pts upfront with the YEARLY99 it comes to be $2.425 a box. Across the year it's only a $1.10 savings if you wait for the $110 but double points code. To me it's a wash.

I might go for it.

I know, it's a great deal! I feel like I just pay for shipping and I get everything else for free... the monthly excitement, the talking here, the samples, getting to try so many products... I just went for it too! BB is probably the only sub I will keep after October (I have way too many products I don't even have the chance to try so I can't justify any other subs any more), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with at least this one for at least one more year! Thanks to whoever posted this first... for some reason I never get their emails with offers e.t.c.

I know, it's a great deal! I feel like I just pay for shipping and I get everything else for free... the monthly excitement, the talking here, the samples, getting to try so many products... I just went for it too! BB is probably the only sub I will keep after October (I have way too many products I don't even have the chance to try so I can't justify any other subs any more), so I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with at least this one for at least one more year! Thanks to whoever posted this first... for some reason I never get their emails with offers e.t.c.
I've never been disappointed with birchbox so I'm looking forward to a year with them. I'm very thankful for this deal.

I just upgrade to yearly and it is asking for me to fill out my profile again.  Does this mean I will be getting a welcome box rather than my regular monthly box next month?

Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just upgrade to yearly and it is asking for me to fill out my profile again.  Does this mean I will be getting a welcome box rather than my regular monthly box next month?

No, you only get a Welcome Box if you have a Gift subscription.

Slightly off topic, but I can't believe tan towels are in the 3 year anniversary favorite shop. I mean 3 years of products to choose from and one of the most popular is the tan towels?
I can attest to their popular-ness. I got 2 sets of 2 a couple months apart, put them up for trade, and they got snapped up really fast. I don't like fake tan, but lots of people do. Now, if Birchbox sent mineral sunblock towelettes, I'd be all over that.

Quote: Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally got around to trying out the Davines spray, and I tried spraying it on my hands then applying to the hair as suggested. It seemed fine and I didn't have any problems with it being particularly drying, but it's not exactly a groundbreaking product for me either.

Pretty waves!

Updates.  I can't believe it's almost Oct already.  I haven't even tried ANYTHING from my Sept box yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   Updates.  I can't believe it's almost Oct already.  I haven't even tried ANYTHING from my Sept box yet.

You either have a lot of existing product to work through, or a whole lot of will power! Anything that I get and feel that I can use, I typically tear into that first week that I get my box...I can't help it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jmd252 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You either have a lot of existing product to work through, or a whole lot of will power! Anything that I get and feel that I can use, I typically tear into that first week that I get my box...I can't help it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ha!  It would be the first option  AND work has been insanely busy this month.  Not my usual MO at all. 

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This just popped up on youtube!

0.jpg

Hmm... I see dark lips, ruffian polish, and neutral eye makeup?

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OT - I'm having a great day!

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

2. I was given a verbal job offer at a magnet hospital in NYC.

3. I had some fun mail (Nars and MAC giveaway prizes).

icon_cheers.gif

I got invited too, but I live too far away so I had to pass :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( I hope you have fun!!

Did anyone else get the email for annual subscriptions for $99? I am a little sad cause I *just* got an annual subscription about a week ago.

Aww, too bad that you couldn't make it for this event!

Quote: Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. I got an invite for a Birchblogger breakfast with Alison Raffaele (founder of an eco-friendly cosmetics line that will be sampled in the October Birchbox). The breakfast will be at the Birchbox office and a makeup gift will be given to us, including her Reality Base Foundation.

icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the job offer!! The birchblogger event sounds like fun. It's so fantastic that you were selected!
Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

That is sooo exciting!!! Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing some gossip about Birchblogger event?  
wink.gif

Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on the job offer and being picked for the Birchblogger breakfast!

Thanks!

To give a quick summary of the event: Alison was quite knowledgeable, funny and blunt. We were color-matched to Alison's products. Alison shared some tips with us (which many of you may already know):

• The correct order of makeup application = foundation first and concealer second. 
  • Use a transparent powder to set makeup. This helps prevent makeup from settling in fine lines and wrinkles.
  • For dry skin, use a primer after you apply moisturizer. Primers seal in moisturizers.
  • 90% of the time, people can use the same shade of foundation and concealer. You don't need to use the green, yellow and purple colored concealers.
  • Alison Raffaele Cosmetics are free of parabens, mineral oil, fragrance and talc. Also these products are gluten-free and vegan.

Here are the goodies from the event: 

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This just popped up on youtube!

I spy normal black eyeliner 
icon_frown.gif
.... i hope that's not what it is and rather the eyeshadow it was hinting at 
icon_smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I spy normal black eyeliner 
icon_frown.gif
.... i hope that's not what it is and rather the eyeshadow it was hinting at 
icon_smile.gif

Unless it's a super hi tech laser beam can opening dog whistle box cutting multi function eye liner... I'm not interested either loll

Latest posts

Back