(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, so I'm traveling for work starting tomorrow and will be gone for the remainder of the week... of course my order will probably show up tomorrow. It makes me so nervous to think that my order might be sitting outside of my apartment for a few days. 

It was in Indiana at 6:30 last night, so I'm hoping it somehow makes the trek today?!
eusa_pray.gif

Wishful thinking! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ugh, so I'm traveling for work starting tomorrow and will be gone for the remainder of the week... of course my order will probably show up tomorrow. It makes me so nervous to think that my order might be sitting outside of my apartment for a few days.  It was in Indiana at 6:30 last night, so I'm hoping it somehow makes the trek today?! :eusa_pray: Wishful thinking! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hey, it's happened before! Fingers crossed for you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, it's happened before! Fingers crossed for you!
smile.gif

Thank you! I usually get my mail around 1 central time, and tracking hasn't updated since last night, so we shall see!

Quote: Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The Gimme Brow is great stuff!  I got mine last week (maybe a week and a half ago?).  You just need to email or direct message them on facebook and say it didn't give you the bonus points, they'll credit it right away.

I'm pretty sure I posted about this here when I ordered mine.  They thanked me for letting them know about it, apparently it is a glitch in their system they said they'd fix.  I guess it didn't get fixed, lol.
Agree - I love this stuff!  I just got mine today.  It's really creamy, and has a subtle rose fragrance which seems odd for a brow product but I kind of like it.  Reminds me of the scent of YSL Mascara.  And I love how small the brush is - perfect for brows.  A lot of brow gels have big brushes and I end up getting the product outside of my brows.  I'm VERY impressed by this product!

I also had the issue with not getting my extra points - just email them and they will fix the issue.  They took care of it within a couple of days for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shatae /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I came home to my BB order sitting here!  Super excited.  It's my 13th Month so I had a 25% off, plus I managed to save up 600 Points....I got all of this amazingness for......$31.....

The Face Tan towels and the body cream were my mystery pack. 

Just one problem......look at the Color Club Wonderlust......

That right there is a lovely bunch of goodies!
biggrin.gif
Oh my word, the two purples, it's funny and ridiculous at the same time
smileno.gif
I hope they clear it up for you!

I came home to my BB order sitting here!  Super excited.  It's my 13th Month so I had a 25% off, plus I managed to save up 600 Points....I got all of this amazingness for......$31..... The Face Tan towels and the body cream were my mystery pack.  Just one problem......look at the Color Club Wonderlust......
ha ha @ the wonderlust! What color eyeko did you get? I got the olive and luuurve it!! Saving points to get more! It is soo easy to use, like a sharpie!

This is slightly off topic, but I received my first Birchbox this month and was pleased (Box 23)... I reviewed all of my items and then started thinking... I believe Birchbox is NOT publishing all of the reviews. This might skew the supposed ratings of a product. Example: We know Birchbox has hundreds of thousands of subscribers... I believe 400k. How come their website states that only 208 people reviewed the chapstick WHICH WE ALL RECEIVED?

This makes absolutely no sense. Look at the featured products for October. They should all have a higher review count, right? I dont get it...

Quote: Originally Posted by meganbernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is slightly off topic, but I received my first Birchbox this month and was pleased (Box 23)... I reviewed all of my items and then started thinking... I believe Birchbox is NOT publishing all of the reviews. This might skew the supposed ratings of a product. Example: We know Birchbox has hundreds of thousands of subscribers... I believe 400k. How come their website states that only 208 people reviewed the chapstick WHICH WE ALL RECEIVED?

This makes absolutely no sense. Look at the featured products for October. They should all have a higher review count, right? I dont get it...
It didn't give a place for a written review, unless you went back to the product page a second time for review.  I didn't, so my "review" didn't show up, because it wasn't a written review.

This is slightly off topic, but I received my first Birchbox this month and was pleased (Box 23)... I reviewed all of my items and then started thinking... I believe Birchbox is NOT publishing all of the reviews. This might skew the supposed ratings of a product. Example: We know Birchbox has hundreds of thousands of subscribers... I believe 400k. How come their website states that only 208 people reviewed the chapstick WHICH WE ALL RECEIVED? This makes absolutely no sense. Look at the featured products for October. They should all have a higher review count, right? I dont get it...
1. Birchbox screens reviews 2. Postable reviews are generally up after 72 hours 3. A lot of people don't review their samples

This is slightly off topic, but I received my first Birchbox this month and was pleased (Box 23)... I reviewed all of my items and then started thinking... I believe Birchbox is NOT publishing all of the reviews. This might skew the supposed ratings of a product. Example: We know Birchbox has hundreds of thousands of subscribers... I believe 400k. How come their website states that only 208 people reviewed the chapstick WHICH WE ALL RECEIVED? This makes absolutely no sense. Look at the featured products for October. They should all have a higher review count, right? I dont get it...
There are two parts to the reviews for items you get in your box: your feedback on the sample (familiarity with brand and product, sample size, packaging, etc) and then your public review of the product (I liked/didn't like the product because XYZ...). The latter is NOT required to get points for reviewing your sample. If you're like me, you only fill out the sample feed back, get your points, and call it a day! S; not all subscribers might be filling out the product review, which leads to part of the discrepancy. Some subscribers don't even know about reviewing products for points!

Got it. So basically, I should research the product on another website (sephora, ulta, blogs) and not take birchbox's review system very seriously. I was wondering because some products were rated so highly on the star system but on other websites (sephora, ulta, etc) they did not fare so well.

Got it. So basically, I should research the product on another website (sephora, ulta, blogs) and not take birchbox's review system very seriously. I was wondering because some products were rated so highly on the star system but on other websites (sephora, ulta, etc) they did not fare so well.
I don't trust birchbox reviews because a lot of people rate it based on whether or not they wanted to get that product in their box, and it has nothing to do with how well the product works. I've noticed that a lot of the lower rated products have a lot of people reviewing it who didn't even try the product and just wanted to slam birchbox for not reading their mind :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by meganbernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In all honesty, reviews on sites like that are kind of bogus anyways.  People only review if they love or hate it, nothing in the "meh" category.  I tend to look at beauty blogs/vlogs to find product reviews, they give me a more holistic idea of the product- i.e. what exactly they liked/didn't like.  Because a product is different on every person and everyone has different standards!  Just my opinion though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by elizabethrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In all honesty, reviews on sites like that are kind of bogus anyways.  People only review if they love or hate it, nothing in the "meh" category.  I tend to look at beauty blogs/vlogs to find product reviews, they give me a more holistic idea of the product- i.e. what exactly they liked/didn't like.  Because a product is different on every person and everyone has different standards!  Just my opinion though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree with this. Plus I'm a swatch junkie so for any product that is color I immediately go to blog/vlog reviews.

Hi all, new to this thread and birchbox in general. Got my first box today, having looked at everyone else's boxes I am a bit disappointed but still excited to try my new samples. Here is the box I received. How do I know which box number it is? I saw people saying -- I got box 12 or 22 or whatever. Where can you find that. I think I am only disappointed because I saw lots of other products that I wanted to try and these (except for the serious skinfare facial) weren't things I had interest in. Had I received the box without having peeked here or know what was possible I probably would have been perfectly content with it...

Quote: Originally Posted by adrienne27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all, new to this thread and birchbox in general. Got my first box today, having looked at everyone else's boxes I am a bit disappointed but still excited to try my new samples. Here is the box I received. How do I know which box number it is? I saw people saying -- I got box 12 or 22 or whatever. Where can you find that. I think I am only disappointed because I saw lots of other products that I wanted to try and these (except for the serious skinfare facial) weren't things I had interest in. Had I received the box without having peeked here or know what was possible I probably would have been perfectly content with it...

I think this is a really cool box! Box envy can happen easily when you come to this forum unfortunately :[

I used to get box envy really bad (and still do sometimes) but I have to detach myself from making it about "getting what i want" and make it instead about "getting to try things i wouldn't normally get to try."

Anyway, to get your box number, log in to your account, click on box, women's box, scroll to the bottom which shows your box history and click on the small picture of your box on the left, the box # will be the number at the very end of your box url.

I had a bit of box envy with my first box also, I think it took me a month to kind of learn how to appreciate what I got... My 1st bb had a couple items I hadn't heard of and wasn't excited to try, but after trying them I realized it really was a great box! I have been dying to try one of those masks! And nail Polish is always a plus to me, especially since the brands they send are more expensive then I would usually buy for myself. The Chapstick is a freebie so whether you like it or not it's a wash to me. I think you got a pretty good box!

I've reviewed every product I've ever received from 2 birchbox women's boxes & a birchbox man and a grand total of 0 of my reviews have actually made it onto the review page, and I actually leave real reviews not just "felt good, I liked it"

Quote: Originally Posted by adrienne27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was kind of disappointed in my first BB, but they've been great since then.  So much that I switched to a one-year sub AND got a second account.  I hope you get a box you're more excited about next month!

Latest posts

Back