(Spoilers) Birchbox October 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all! You made excellent points. I am going to order some of the products I was hoping to get and be excited to try things I hadn't considered! All good!

Quote: Originally Posted by plumplant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've reviewed every product I've ever received from 2 birchbox women's boxes & a birchbox man and a grand total of 0 of my reviews have actually made it onto the review page, and I actually leave real reviews not just "felt good, I liked it"
This is exactly why I stopped bothering to actually give them a written review. It's a waste of time!

Quote: Originally Posted by adrienne27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all, new to this thread and birchbox in general. Got my first box today, having looked at everyone else's boxes I am a bit disappointed but still excited to try my new samples. Here is the box I received. How do I know which box number it is? I saw people saying -- I got box 12 or 22 or whatever. Where can you find that. I think I am only disappointed because I saw lots of other products that I wanted to try and these (except for the serious skinfare facial) weren't things I had interest in. Had I received the box without having peeked here or know what was possible I probably would have been perfectly content with it...
Hello, fellow Buckeye!  
hand.gif
 Welcome to MUT!

Your box actually had some really nice sized samples! I think it's pretty drool-worthy but I do understand the box envy, lol.

I got my first box a couple weeks ago and saw all the gals here posting theirs and was like "ooo I want that, ugh I don't want that, etc " then I got my box and really enjoyed it all even though I didn't get most of wgat j wanted! Granted there are still things I want to try that I didn't get but its all good because I ended up loving the Benefit Fakeup (which initially I wasn't thrilled about) so it all worked out and of course i bought a full size! I even bought the 1 year sub because I liked my box that much! Hope you enjoy all your products. There are people here who I'm sure we hoping for some of what you got too! And there is a trade/swap thread so that's always an option too.

Hi all, new to this thread and birchbox in general. Got my first box today, having looked at everyone else's boxes I am a bit disappointed but still excited to try my new samples. Here is the box I received. How do I know which box number it is? I saw people saying -- I got box 12 or 22 or whatever. Where can you find that. I think I am only disappointed because I saw lots of other products that I wanted to try and these (except for the serious skinfare facial) weren't things I had interest in. Had I received the box without having peeked here or know what was possible I probably would have been perfectly content with it...
I referred a friend last week and she received her (this one!) first box yesterday. She brought it in to work to show it to me and yes, I had total box envy even though I liked my October box just fine. It's too bad we can't I-Dream-Of-Jeannie blink and swap our unwanted items. I hope your next month makes you smile.

I referred a friend last week and she received her (this one!) first box yesterday. She brought it in to work to show it to me and yes, I had total box envy even though I liked my October box just fine. It's too bad we can't I-Dream-Of-Jeannie blink and swap our unwanted items. I hope your next month makes you smile.
No kidding...the "I'm-mailing-it-at the-post-office" dreams are costing me a small fortune :/

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was kind of disappointed in my first BB, but they've been great since then.  So much that I switched to a one-year sub AND got a second account.  I hope you get a box you're more excited about next month!

iagree.gif
  I started with an annual sub, but I was super disappointed in my first box too and still got a second account (which I recently upgraded to an annual sub).  I haven't been super thrilled with my boxes over the past 13 months, but I've been introduced to products I would have never heard of or tried and have found quite a few of my HG products through Birchbox.  Plus, you really can't beat their point system and discount codes; it's kind of the reason I stay.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That right there is a lovely bunch of goodies!
biggrin.gif
Oh my word, the two purples, it's funny and ridiculous at the same time
smileno.gif
I hope they clear it up for you!
OMG so cool! I love the wanderlust colors except for the fact that you got two purples. What is the other color supposed to be? That is quite a haul for $31. You have motivated me to save my points. Yipeeeeee!!! 

Okay so I thought I'd share in case anyone else would benefit:

The foundation shade was too dark and too warm but I wanted to test it somehow and figured it might work as a liquid type contour/bronzer lol. So if anyone has it lying around and is looking for something to play with, it's worth a shot? It's quite sheer in coverage and texture so it builds up pretty nicely so good to practice with.

I'm loving the chapstick! I gave up on the brand long ago and stick to my Aquafor but I was seriously impressed, it may actually be hydrating. Yay! 

I've got to say I get how Birchbox isn't for everyone but I'm very much enjoying every box and I do think they're getting better with sizes the last couple of months

I received my very first birchbox, box 42. They were on point with sending me items based off my beauty profile, looking forward to next month.

Its a super moisturizing concealer. I for example have crazy dry undereyes and the fakeup worked phenomenal for me. I can totally see though how someone with normal or oily skin would find it super greasy.

Its a super moisturizing concealer. I for example have crazy dry undereyes and the fakeup worked phenomenal for me. I can totally see though how someone with normal or oily skin would find it super greasy.
I bought it with my 20 off. I've used it a couple of times and it works okay. It usually takes a little bit for me to figure out exactly how to use something.

I will say for coverage its not great. I use Pixi color corrector first and the fakeup on time and that's my new HG combo for coverage and moisture. I also only use one swipe under each eye as I dound any more was way too much even for me. So on the brightside it will last mr a good bit. My tiny BB sample is a quarter or so used and I've used it everyday for about 2 weeks now.

Got my BB today, about a week earlier than usual. YAY!!

I finally got to smell the Folle de Joie. You all were right--it smells lovely. I won't buy it though because the rose makes it too much like Stella by Stella McCartney, which I already have. Saved myself some $$.

What I was really excited about was the Dermablend illuminator, which I received in pearl. It adds a nice brightness without obvious shimmer. However, it stung my eyes something fierce. Strange because I rarely ever react to cosmetics. I'll try to figure out other ways to use it. I did love my box this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG so cool! I love the wanderlust colors except for the fact that you got two purples. What is the other color supposed to be? That is quite a haul for $31. You have motivated me to save my points. Yipeeeeee!!! 

The other color is the white-ish Mod in Manhattan.  I got a reply from BB yesterday.  They sent me the one I am missing AND gave me 100 Points in my account!  I love all of my stuff!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I realized I never posted my box pictures this month. I finally found my camera lens cap... exactly where I'd looked for it 12 times before. *SHAME* The only difference was it was super bright / early morning so I could pick it out from the stupid pattern on the rug. UGH.

Anyway:

I'm just not really interested in any of this month's products in general. I'll probably try them anyway...eventually.

I didn't look through the other boxes (and from the pictures I saw I was also meh) so it's not box envy. I just need a birchbox break, I think. But looking through my past months, I actually saw a noticeable decline in my satisfaction with the boxes/matching since they switched to the new logo. I was content or very much liked pretty much every box save the intro box I got. Since the switch in June or so, I've been unhappy. Oh well. Just waiting for my year to be up at this point... hopefully they'll at least give me reasonably good boxes for the next few.
OMG it is SO a box to envy!  I am sitting here turning positively green :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This will be my first birchbox and I'm impatiently waiting for it to get to me! It says that it arrived at USPS delivery unit in my town. Does that just mean it's at my post office? It got there yesterday afternoon. Usually packages end up being delivered the next day unless it gets to the post office late at night. Hoping I get a surprise delivery today even though it doesn't actually say out for delivery. :-D super excited!

Back