*Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted mine and I didn't even bother counting the layers. I just set it on the table and painted a new layer every once in a while. I definitely did at least a dozen though. (I was using a fairly pale color, to be fair.) 
You're right! It was a least a dozen coats, but I did it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is my (heavily filtered) attempt with the NCLA wraps.

I have never used nail wraps before, and maybe it's a learning curve, but I hated trying to work with these. I was originally going to try to do all ten fingers but quickly decided an accent nail was a wiser idea.

Here is my (heavily filtered) attempt with the NCLA wraps.
I have never used nail wraps before, and maybe it's a learning curve, but I hated trying to work with these. I was originally going to try to do all ten fingers but quickly decided an accent nail was a wiser idea. Looks Super Cute!! My experience with them is that they lasted a week and even after a week, I just had very slight slight wear.

So this is a bit off-topic since it's about the November box, but I wasn't sure if anyone would still be checking in over on that thread.

I just wanted to mention that since receiving the Nov box, I've flown 4 times (!!) and have discovered that the Michael Stars scarf/wrap is an awesome traveling accessory.

Since it's lightweight, it's not too bulky to wear or pack (although I find it to be surprisingly warm when I wrap it up--must be because there's so much fabric), and it makes a fantastic blanket for the plane, since it's so huge. I doubled mine up and it was still long enough to cover my lap and legs. I was already loving the scarf so this discovery is just a bonus for me, but it could also be an alternate use for people who didn't love it as a scarf.

Hope this helps make someone's holiday travels toastier!

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So this is a bit off-topic since it's about the November box, but I wasn't sure if anyone would still be checking in over on that thread.

I just wanted to mention that since receiving the Nov box, I've flown 4 times (!!) and have discovered that the Michael Stars scarf/wrap is an awesome traveling accessory.

Since it's lightweight, it's not too bulky to wear or pack (although I find it to be surprisingly warm when I wrap it up--must be because there's so much fabric), and it makes a fantastic blanket for the plane, since it's so huge. I doubled mine up and it was still long enough to cover my lap and legs. I was already loving the scarf so this discovery is just a bonus for me, but it could also be an alternate use for people who didn't love it as a scarf.

Hope this helps make someone's holiday travels toastier!
I totally agree! I wear it as a scarf, but used it as a blanket and wrap one day and it worked perfectly. I've gotten tons of compliments on it!

I totally agree! I wear it as a scarf, but used it as a blanket and wrap one day and it worked perfectly. I've gotten tons of compliments on it!
That Novemeber box is like the gift that keeps giving. I love the scarf, have the candle (unlit) next to the couch and I smell it all the time, and I'm still suing the pine soap which I love

That Novemeber box is like the gift that keeps giving. I love the scarf, have the candle (unlit) next to the couch and I smell it all the time, and I'm still suing the pine soap which I love
Totally agree. It snowed really bad yesterday, so I wore the scarf out. Love it!! And I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. I'm still using the pine soap, which I love. And the candle sits next to my computer. I'm burning it in moderation because I want it to last :0)

I am slowly coming around to this box. I after reading the thread, I am pretty sure my bracelet will soon become a necklace. I agree on the wrapping paper being random, especially if they expect people to gift the box. I can't deny that I did like the chocolate too.

Well I tried to make the December box for my MIL better and changed the bracelet to a necklace and got her some lip gloss. What else, regifted my lands end, and added some nice merlot to it. Then added a candle. Better. I was going to take out some of the items but just shrugged my shoulders and left them. I guess the wrapping paper came out as I used it to wrap her items. Have any of you read the comments at their Facebook site? The box has not even really been officially released. Ouch is all I can say! I'm so bummed to have gifted so many dec boxes...

I'm so sad because my bracelet broke! I love the bracelet, but I guess I must have hit the charm on something because one of the diamond things kind of shattered on the inside. Its not too noticeable, but it does bother me. This bracelet doesn't make it seem like the quality is worth their prices. I'll still wear it and still love it, but now it just feels a little cheap, maybe? 

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Candy cane nails! Hope they make it 24 hours!

So cute! Mine lasted about 2 days then they came off when I was trying to open a box.

Candy cane nails! Hope they make it 24 hours!
I don't get it. My wraps stayed VERY Well. I wore them as an accent nail every week since I got the box. They always had more staying power than the polish on the other fingers. Even when I was using my super horrible base coat that causes the paint in my other nails to peel off like kiddie polish, the wrap stayed on until I peeled it off myself. Then I got a fancy base coat and it stayed even better. I don't know what I did diff but they worked GREAT for me. Oh well **kanye shrug**

Quote: Originally Posted by DevinMcWhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't get it. My wraps stayed VERY Well. I wore them as an accent nail every week since I got the box. They always had more staying power than the polish on the other fingers. Even when I was using my super horrible base coat that causes the paint in my other nails to peel off like kiddie polish, the wrap stayed on until I peeled it off myself. Then I got a fancy base coat and it stayed even better. I don't know what I did diff but they worked GREAT for me. Oh well **kanye shrug**
Mine have lasted very well, actually, even though I was hoping for 24 hours. I still have them on and they've made it through toddler bathtime as well. Will definitely try again.  

I'm surprised they haven't announced the December box yet. I wonder if it's because of all the reviews and feedback will have slowed down

I hoped those nail stickers would have been a good alternative to polish for me. Sadly they only lasted about 8 hours. I blame my job. I have to wash my hands a lot more than most.

I hoped those nail stickers would have been a good alternative to polish for me. Sadly they only lasted about 8 hours. I blame my job. I have to wash my hands a lot more than most.
Why were you hoping for an alternative? If it's dry time, I find that the ones that direct you to peel off to remove do not last nearly as long as the ones that say to use nail polish remover. I haven't tried these specific wraps yet, but I would suggest something like Inoco or Sally Hansen rather than NCLA if you're looking for longer wear and almost no drying time.

Latest posts

Back