*Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nail polish lasts all of about 3 hours for me. The alcohol in hospital hand sanitizer eats right through it. I've also tried gelish products and they last a few days before peeling off. Hard uv gel is the only thing that lasts longer than a week but I can't be bothered maintaining that. It was nice to try something else anyway.

Why were you hoping for an alternative? If it's dry time, I find that the ones that direct you to peel off to remove do not last nearly as long as the ones that say to use nail polish remover. I haven't tried these specific wraps yet, but I would suggest something like Inoco or Sally Hansen rather than NCLA if you're looking for longer wear and almost no drying time.
I used to use the sally Hansen ones all the time at my previous job. I was in healthcare and did a ton of hand washing. Plus the gloves always made my nail polish get funky. The sally Hansen ones worked really well though and I never did a base or top coat on them. They lasted about a week on me.

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you're looking for a sub company with good customer service I'd recommend Quarterly.  Just had an amazing experience with their customer service after a box arrived damaged.  Highly recommend!  Customer service is so important to me. 
Great to hear that about Quarterly. I'm cancelling all my boxes so I can get Nina Garcia's in February. I'm kicking myself for missing the first one.

Hmmm maybe I'll give these a try. Thanks!

I used to use the sally Hansen ones all the time at my previous job. I was in healthcare and did a ton of hand washing. Plus the gloves always made my nail polish get funky. The sally Hansen ones worked really well though and I never did a base or top coat on them. They lasted about a week on me.

I second this...I work in healthcare and wash my hands a billion times a day. The sticker ones like NCLA peel off within a few hours...the Sally Hanson and Incoco strips actually tend to last me longer than regular polish. My job is hard on nail things period, but I love the SH nail strips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm maybe I'll give these a try. Thanks! Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Question! For those of you who thought the box had room for improvement, did you email popsugar your feedback? As you know I was mostly disappointed that I gifted so many people witht this box. I didn't like the items, and was trusting popsugar at worst would stillbe decent. But I never emailed popsugar my complaint. So I'm wondering if I'm encouraging less than stellar boxes if I don't email them. Can u tell I'm still stewing on my disappointment?

So they changed their facebook finally.  What's odd is there seems to be stuff in the photo not included in the box.  At least, it wasn't in my box.  Looks like 2 nail colors?  Was this in other people's boxes?

So they changed their facebook finally.  What's odd is there seems to be stuff in the photo not included in the box.  At least, it wasn't in my box.  Looks like 2 nail colors?  Was this in other people's boxes?
I think that's the mascara we got. It had a mirror on the side and I think one tube is showing that mirror.

Quote: Originally Posted by caseybean025 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that's the mascara we got. It had a mirror on the side and I think one tube is showing that mirror.
Oh!  I hadn't taken it out of the box and totally forgot about it.  Threw me off because they showed it twice.  Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by greenflipflops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi all,

For those of you who really liked the Bentgo lunchboxes that Popsugar sent back in September (I believe that was the month), Groupon is having a great deal on it.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-bentgo-lunchbox-set

$19.99 for the lunchbox, plus a cup and a carrying bag!
thanks for link - has anyone liked this for smaller kids lunch for school? thx!! 

FYI, PS posted new code today NEWYEAR - 3 boxes for 79.85 

Quote: Originally Posted by pbpink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  thanks for link - has anyone liked this for smaller kids lunch for school? thx!! 

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT i just bought mine today too.. grr 

Edit: just tried it and it came up to the same price as what I paid with the 3FOR2.

I just ordered more Bento for my kids.  My 13 year old LOVED the one that came in my PS box, so I bought more from Groupon for the other kids.  They are really nice for the kids lunchboxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by greenflipflops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi all,

For those of you who really liked the Bentgo lunchboxes that Popsugar sent back in September (I believe that was the month), Groupon is having a great deal on it.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-bentgo-lunchbox-set

$19.99 for the lunchbox, plus a cup and a carrying bag!
Thanks so much!  Been waiting to grab some more Bentgos for my other kids that are jealous of the one PS sent me.

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT i just bought mine today too.. grr 

email them right away!!

Quote: Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just ordered more Bento for my kids.  My 13 year old LOVED the one that came in my PS box, so I bought more from Groupon for the other kids.  They are really nice for the kids lunchboxes.
thank you, will def pick up for kiddos, it looks awesome!! i will be more green and not use a million ziploc bags!!

Sigh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really wish I hadn't subbed to PS for a year:/ Tying up so much money in one lump sum and not getting to use any of these codes really cheeses me off. I'm an idiot.

Sigh. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really wish I hadn't subbed to PS for a year:/ Tying up so much money in one lump sum and not getting to use any of these codes really cheeses me off. I'm an idiot.
I bought I've felt that way too. I signed up for a year before the price hike and feel kind of ripped off that they actually haven't done any months without a discount since then. But... I try to tell myself that it's for the best because I have a feeling my obsession with sub boxes will subside within a few months and I won't be so keen to spend money every month on this stuff. AS it is, I now get a year of fun stuff , it's paid for. A gift from a very generous earlier version of me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ironically, it's the $20 I spend monthly on Birchbox and Ipsy that is making me feel financial strain. Something About the monthly payment thing makes thes seem more like a bill than a fun gift

PS always has discount codes floating around- I've been a member since the first box & to date I've only paid full price for 1 box. Do you gals remember box 1- 2 ilia lipsticks, 2 RGB nail polishes, body drench lotion & scrub , 2 kind bars & a PS tote- I still luv those RGB colors, they are awesome!,

I must have just picked a bad first month to join. (sept ) I searched high and low for a discount code and all I could find were $5 off referral codes.

I thought you ladies who got the October box and were disappointed would find this amusing, I actually was out shopping with a girlfriend and came across The Wet Brush. It was the first time I've seen it in a store, guess where I saw it??!! Babies R Us!!!!!! Hahahaha

Latest posts

Back