*Spoilers* December 2013 Popsugar Must Have Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you ladies who got the October box and were disappointed would find this amusing, I actually was out shopping with a girlfriend and came across The Wet Brush. It was the first time I've seen it in a store, guess where I saw it??!! Babies R Us!!!!!! Hahahaha
I love that brush! I've read a lot of reviews and I guess it's recommended for kids because it causes them less pain and tugging when you brush their hair. There are a bunch of parents on the reviews who swear by it. My sister got it based on my recommendation and though she didn't feel like it made a difference for her, she was amazed at how much easier it is to brush her two year old daughter's hair. I don't know why it works, it just does.

One thing though, about that brush. I left it on my counter one day and it was near the sink and ended up in a puddle of water for a few hours. It seems to have permanently stained my counter pink! Not the highest quality materials, but still a great brush.

I have very long hair and it is fantastic to use wet or dry. My hair tangles horribly in the back underneath. The brush helps to get them out with little to no pulling.

I totally get what you are saying...the codes that have come out recently seem much better than anything available when I puurchased!

I love that brush! I've read a lot of reviews and I guess it's recommended for kids because it causes them less pain and tugging when you brush their hair. There are a bunch of parents on the reviews who swear by it. My sister got it based on my recommendation and though she didn't feel like it made a difference for her, she was amazed at how much easier it is to brush her two year old daughter's hair. I don't know why it works, it just does.
I love the brush too!!! In fact, it's probably the most used item from any of my PS boxes yet! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use the wet brush for me and my little girls, didn't know a brush coulda me that much difference in tangles

Thanks to the poster for mentioning the counter staining issue from the Wetbrush.  My 9-yr old daughter fell in love with the pink brush from my box (though she has a black Wetbrush she has used for a couple years).  I was getting annoyed that I keep finding pink stains on her bathroom vanity and actually threw away the pink ACT fluoride rinse, thinking she was carelessly spilling it on the counter.  After your post, I realize it is the brush (because I see a few more faint pink stains and the ACT is long gone, lol!)  Looks like she's getting the original black brush back!!

Annoying about the staining, but the Wetbrush really does work to get tangles gently out of her long hair.

Thanks to the poster for mentioning the counter staining issue from the Wetbrush.  My 9-yr old daughter fell in love with the pink brush from my box (though she has a black Wetbrush she has used for a couple years).  I was getting annoyed that I keep finding pink stains on her bathroom vanity and actually threw away the pink ACT fluoride rinse, thinking she was carelessly spilling it on the counter.  After your post, I realize it is the brush (because I see a few more faint pink stains and the ACT is long gone, lol!)  Looks like she's getting the original black brush back!! Annoying about the staining, but the Wetbrush really does work to get tangles gently out of her long hair.
That was me. Yeah, it's funny because I still totally love the brush, but in truth it has caused me much irritation because I've tried everything to get that stain off my counter!

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by mags36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks to the poster for mentioning the counter staining issue from the Wetbrush.  My 9-yr old daughter fell in love with the pink brush from my box (though she has a black Wetbrush she has used for a couple years).  I was getting annoyed that I keep finding pink stains on her bathroom vanity and actually threw away the pink ACT fluoride rinse, thinking she was carelessly spilling it on the counter.  After your post, I realize it is the brush (because I see a few more faint pink stains and the ACT is long gone, lol!)  Looks like she's getting the original black brush back!!

Annoying about the staining, but the Wetbrush really does work to get tangles gently out of her long hair.

That was me. Yeah, it's funny because I still totally love the brush, but in truth it has caused me much irritation because I've tried everything to get that stain off my counter! I accidentally posted this on the wrong thread earlier, BUT I always keep my brushes standing up in a pencil can/cup/holder. A super easy way to keep your brush from staining your counter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I had ordered a December box for myself and a friend, so we could both get the necklace. I've been a subscriber for probably nine months now. Well my necklace was broken when I received it so I shot them an email letting me know. I tried to fix it but I think I made it worse and honestly I feel like I shouldn't have to fix it. Well they emailed me back super quick like usual and said they would send me a replacement. So I waited. And waited. I found out the sent a "replacement" necklace to my friend. (Who had a completely different address and I emailed them from my email and told them my name so there was no confusion). They are sending me another necklace because I had already emailed them wondering where it was ( before I found out she got something, it was also addressed to her!!).

But the real kicker is that they sent her that awful necklace that came in July's box. Which I already own because I was a subscriber then too. I wouldn't mind getting double of other items if I can't get the same necklace but to send me one I already have? And they could easily figure that out I feel like if they see how long I've been a member.

Here's to hoping I get something nice instead of the same one again!

I'm actually pretty surprised but I got a survey asking me to review my December box. I didn't hate the box, but when doing the survey I realized that I clicked "it was ok" on pretty much everything. I guess it was just an ok box for me!

Marked as 'hated it' for most everything in December box, but 'loved' for the special edition.  I wish they had a section for comments, so you could explain why you marked as you did. 

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did anyone use their ModelCo $10 off card? Was there an expiration date for it? I tried to use mine last night and it didn't work. The card itself doesn't have a use by date on it, but I may have thrown away any additional info that came with it. Thanks!

Back