(SPOILERS) Ipsy February 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well by now everyone knows the box contents so I'm just going to post my swatch of the golden CS quad and the gel eyeliner.

I layered the shadows to make them appear bronzey and honestly I'm quite satisfied with the end result. "Who woulda thunk" that I'd ever use a yellow eyeshadow!

That looks gorgeous! I'll have to show my daughter this pic so she can get an idea of what she could try with the eye shadow. (I signed her up for Ipsy for Christmas).

Is the gel eye liner in a small jar? She showed me real quick what was in her Feb. pack and asked me what this dark stuff in a jar was - I didn't have my glasses on to read it at the moment. If that's the eye liner, I will need to get her an eye liner brush.

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That looks gorgeous! I'll have to show my daughter this pic so she can get an idea of what she could try with the eye shadow. (I signed her up for Ipsy for Christmas).

Is the gel eye liner in a small jar? She showed me real quick what was in her Feb. pack and asked me what this dark stuff in a jar was - I didn't have my glasses on to read it at the moment. If that's the eye liner, I will need to get her an eye liner brush.
That is the gel liner, yes. 

Well by now everyone knows the box contents so I'm just going to post my swatch of the golden CS quad and the gel eyeliner.

I layered the shadows to make them appear bronzey and honestly I'm quite satisfied with the end result. "Who woulda thunk" that I'd ever use a yellow eyeshadow!

You have beautifully shaped eyes. A cat eye must look stunning on you.

Quote: Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you so much! If I knew this look would turn out well I would have made a step-by-step mini-tutorial, but I just didn't feel confident that these colors would work out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And yes, the little round jar is the gel eyeliner which is meant to be applied with a brush. Either one of these will do, but I used the one on the left.

s1014331-main-hero.jpg
s860593-main-hero.jpg

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have beautifully shaped eyes. A cat eye must look stunning on you.
Thank you, Zadi! Now that you mention it, I haven't done a cat eye makeup in a long time :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you so much! If I knew this look would turn out well I would have made a step-by-step mini-tutorial, but I just didn't feel confident that these colors would work out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And yes, the little round jar is the gel eyeliner which is meant to be applied with a brush. Either one of these will do, but I used the one on the left.

s1014331-main-hero.jpg
s860593-main-hero.jpg

Thank you, Zadi! Now that you mention it, I haven't done a cat eye makeup in a long time :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I use the left one too! It's super precise, well, not exactly that one, but the CS one.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the left one too! It's super precise, well, not exactly that one, but the CS one.
Yeah mine's also not the same brand, but rather the same type :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

s1014331-main-hero.jpg
s860593-main-hero.jpg

I already have an angled eyeliner brush, but I don't have that really skinny one. That looks really handy for cat eyes. Is it necessary to have both?

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! I hope it comes soon. Thats the bad part that you cant cancel if you have a yearly sub. I have had an issue with every single bag and shipping since I started in November. I hate to be a pain, but I at least want to have my bag in the month its released.

Really? Every bag has had shipping issues? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The only issue I've had was in last month's bag where one of my items was partially broken. They were kind enough to replace it, so I was happy about that.

I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever wanted to get a yearly sub since I now know for sure you can't cancel until it's over. Though since they have the waitlist now, I don't think I can switch without unsubbing and risk being thrown on the waitlist...

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I already have an angled eyeliner brush, but I don't have that really skinny one. That looks really handy for cat eyes. Is it necessary to have both?
If the angled one works for you, you don't really need the other one.

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? Every bag has had shipping issues? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The only issue I've had was in last month's bag where one of my items was partially broken. They were kind enough to replace it, so I was happy about that.

I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever wanted to get a yearly sub since I now know for sure you can't cancel until it's over. Though since they have the waitlist now, I don't think I can switch without unsubbing and risk being thrown on the waitlist...
I subbed in November and got my November bag late December. I got December's bag late January and stil waiting for January and February. Every time I have contacted them they say they will send a replacement bag. So far I have not received any multiple bags so I dont know if  the error is on their part or the shipping company they use.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subbed in November and got my November bag late December. I got December's bag late January and stil waiting for January and February. Every time I have contacted them they say they will send a replacement bag. So far I have not received any multiple bags so I dont know if  the error is on their part or the shipping company they use.
Ipsy is looking into other shipping companies instead of UPS MI.

Finally got to play with my Ipsy goodies. I don't have a lot of eyelid to work with, my eyes are deep set, but here ya go:

)

That's the gel liner, smokey gray coastal scent quad, and mascara.  I wear hard contacts, so I've never been successful putting anything on my waterline or lower lash. I envy you ladies who can! I end up with racooon eyes:)

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ipsy is looking into other shipping companies instead of UPS MI.
I hope they do, I hate to wait so long to play with my goodies.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is the gel liner, yes. 
Thanks for the info. We've never used eye liner like that before. Should be interesting for her to try.

s1014331-main-hero.jpg
s860593-main-hero.jpg

I will have to go look for one of these. Years ago I had one like the one on the left, but I don't have it anymore.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got to play with my Ipsy goodies. I don't have a lot of eyelid to work with, my eyes are deep set, but here ya go:

)

That's the gel liner, smokey gray coastal scent quad, and mascara.  I wear hard contacts, so I've never been successful putting anything on my waterline or lower lash. I envy you ladies who can! I end up with racooon eyes:)
You blend the colors so nice, it looks so soft, I love it.  I am not good at eye makeup so I tend to just put one neutral color and leave well enough alone. ;p  From the pics here, it looks like a nice quality eye shadow.

Okay. So I have to retract (some of) my previous post about my dislike for the bag. The mascara is still awful, but I got a chance to play around with the liner and eye shadow and actually really like the light yellow and they all blend together so well. I need more practice with the liner but it's got some good staying power! 

The primer and lash cards are just meh for me. I may use them from time to time but nothing I'd buy for myself. 

My middle daughter LOVED the bag though. She saw it and grabbed it and goes "it's SHINY". Ha! I think she's using it to carry her beloved Little People princess dolls ;-)

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You blend the colors so nice, it looks so soft, I love it.  I am not good at eye makeup so I tend to just put one neutral color and leave well enough alone. ;p  From the pics here, it looks like a nice quality eye shadow.
Thank you!  It's fun to play. The shadow quad was actually quite a bit more pigmented than I thought it would be. I love the white shimmer powder, and it blended well. I've heard some of their colors don't have quite the same payoff, but if these weren't up to UD quality, they weren't as bad as some of the drugstore brands i've tried.

Back