(SPOILERS) Ipsy February 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my bag a couple days ago!!! I haven't used any of the products yet haha...It was my first day  back to school from a break and i did'nt want to wear makeup I wasn't confident with.

I got the grey/silver eyeshadows and I did'nt expect to like them. I have the 88 palette and haven't reached for it lately but the quad is AWESOME. The colors are really pigmented and beautiful and I can't wait to wear them!! I gave my mom the pixi primer and she really liked that.

I tried the eyeliner on my hand....really will have to try it on the lid...but here is why I don't really feel like it....

I got loreals infallible black gel liner a couple weeks ago: HOLY GRAIL LINER!!! 10.00 , It comes with a brush that I would buy alone for 10 dollars, and it stays in place all day with a buildable black color. The brush has a long handle and is small and makes the perfect thin or thick line....my wings have never looked so good!! So if anyone wants to buy gel liner in the future....TRY L'OREALS INFALLIBLE.

I've worn the eyeliner everyday since I got my  bag! I REALLY like it. I would never pay $30 for it, but I'll use this pot up and then try something else.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what people have said, it's full sized.
It's full sized, but from what they said on ipsy's Facebook page when I asked them about that, the company considers it a deluxe size since it doesn't come with the brush. 

Originally Posted by pengutango /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what people have said, it's full sized.
It's full sized, but from what they said on ipsy's Facebook page when I asked them about that, the company considers it a deluxe size since it doesn't come with the brush. 

I don't understand,.......is it full sized or deluxe sized.

The gel portion is full size but it's considered deluxe because it doesn't come with the brush top. Other than that it's full size.

I'm starting to think I must have super oily eyes:  I tried the gel liner today, and it smudged all over the place under my eyes within minutes, although it was set and would not budge when I was trying to even the line up.  Then I cleaned the smudges up, and then it was everywhere *again* just a couple of hours later.  This is actually standard with pretty much every eyeliner for me even when I'm super careful to apply it just on my upper lashline, so it must just be my skin melting it everywhere.

Try setting it with a translucent powder! I prefer the same shade so I would go with a black eye shadow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm starting to think I must have super oily eyes:  I tried the gel liner today, and it smudged all over the place under my eyes within minutes, although it was set and would not budge when I was trying to even the line up.  Then I cleaned the smudges up, and then it was everywhere *again* just a couple of hours later.  This is actually standard with pretty much every eyeliner for me even when I'm super careful to apply it just on my upper lashline, so it must just be my skin melting it everywhere.

That used to happen to me too! Vicccky is right, try a setting powder and I also highly recommend De-Slick Setting Spray by Urban Decay. You spray it on after you finish your makeup, it really helped control my face oil and keep my makeup on longer :)

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That used to happen to me too! Vicccky is right, try a setting powder and I also highly recommend De-Slick Setting Spray by Urban Decay. You spray it on after you finish your makeup, it really helped control my face oil and keep my makeup on longer :)
thumbs up on the setting sprays! :]

Anyone else try the Coastal Scent palettes? They were having a sale, I couldn't use my Ipsy code, but I did pick up the 66 lip palette and the Metal Mania eyeshadow (88) palette.  I debated, the reviews have been mixed, but the grays I received blended well and weren't too dry.  At least on an arm test, the metallic finishes seem good, haven't had a chance to play with the lip stuff yet.  Still, I figured for 18 bucks it was worth it to try a huge variety of their offerings. 

Warning about the Metal palette. Some of the colors may stain depending on your skin so make sure to use a good primer underneath. I have three of their other 88 palettes (Mirage, Shimmer and one other but can't think what it is off hand) and found some of the blues and purples tend to stain on me. Also, like other shadows these look even hotter when foiled.

Anyone else try the Coastal Scent palettes? They were having a sale, I couldn't use my Ipsy code, but I did pick up the 66 lip palette and the Metal Mania eyeshadow (88) palette.  I debated, the reviews have been mixed, but the grays I received blended well and weren't too dry.  At least on an arm test, the metallic finishes seem good, haven't had a chance to play with the lip stuff yet.  Still, I figured for 18 bucks it was worth it to try a huge variety of their offerings. 
Yup! Like Zadi said, the blues can stain (use a good primer) but after washing your face at night and I wash mine before putting on makeup the next day, the stain is gone. I have the 252 palette, 120 palette, go palettes, 88 shimmer, 88 metal and 42 shimmer shadow/blush and I just adore them. They're awesomely pigmented!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup! Like Zadi said, the blues can stain (use a good primer) but after washing your face at night and I wash mine before putting on makeup the next day, the stain is gone. I have the 252 palette, 120 palette, go palettes, 88 shimmer, 88 metal and 42 shimmer shadow/blush and I just adore them. They're awesomely pigmented!
Awesome, thanks to you and Zadi for the feedback.  I typically use UD primer, I'll have to see if I have staining.   I always scrub my eyes at night, otherwise as a contact wearer my eyes bug me the next morning, so crossing my fingers that works.  

I am now officially not allowed to bring in a any more shadow into the house. Between my UD addiction, mineral eyeshadows from Sweet Libertine and BFTE, I'm never, ever going to use all I have...but but but there's still more colors. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Enabler Alert:

Coastal Scents has their 22 brush set on sale for $22!  I paid $29 incl. shipping and I am delighted since I have being interested in this set for a while. The Ipsy code did not work on it, but I am still quite happy with the deal I got.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Enabler Alert:

Coastal Scents has their 22 brush set on sale for $22!  I paid $29 incl. shipping and I am delighted since I have being interested in this set for a while. The Ipsy code did not work on it, but I am still quite happy with the deal I got.
Good deal for brushes but I don't use animal hair so I won't be getting it. 11 of them are 'Pony Hair' and one is 'Goat Hair'. No thank you!

Enabler Alert:

If I needed brushes I would be all over that deal!!!

Enabler Alert:

I have that set and I just adore it, they're really fabulous for the price! Yeah, unfortunately the Ipsy code doesn't work on sale items
smileno.gif

Back