(SPOILERS) IPSY MARCH 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by chelsbot92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really loved the gel liner from February's bag. The Pixi primer just smelled awful and they could've given us something better than lash cards. That was just crappy. The mascra and the eye shadow was so so,
I agree with the lash cards too. I remember Michelle Phan doing a tutorial how to use business cards as lash cards, so for me, they do not give weight to the awesomeness of the bag.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! This bag sounds perfect. ELF was mentioned and I would be pissed if I received that from a sub and honestly I' m not too picky
lol. I should go work for ipsy. lol. yeahhh I wouldn't want an E.L.F. blush simply because I have so many. lol I have a few of their studio blushes and a few of their baked blushes. theyre alright. I just prefer my wet n' wild mellow wine to any of them.

I have a ton of blush from subs.
 I am never going to use it all.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm actually laying off my subs for march because I'm broke and really really really want to buy some stuff from ulta's 21 days of beauty. but if I were getting march: first off, it should be st. patrick's themed to the MAX

• deep green polish
  • an effing blush(why don't subs pay attention to that???), I'd be good with anything thats not on a sheet!
  • deep deep deep green liner or shadow
  • something gold. they could send a gold glitter liner instead of a green one and give us a green shadow(maybe with tips on how to do a "green makeup look")
  • a lipstick(creme. not shimmer, not sheer, not an effing gloss) that matched the blush(that I'm hoping would be pink, perhaps an intense pink that you need to be light handed when applying)

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what do you sub to?????

I'm actually laying off my subs for march because I'm broke and really really really want to buy some stuff from ulta's 21 days of beauty. but if I were getting march: first off, it should be st. patrick's themed to the MAX

• deep green polish
  • an effing blush(why don't subs pay attention to that???), I'd be good with anything thats not on a sheet!
  • something gold. they could send a gold glitter liner instead of a green one and give us a green shadow(maybe with tips on how to do a "green makeup look")
  • a lipstick(creme. not shimmer, not sheer, not an effing gloss) that matched the blush(that I'm hoping would be pink, perhaps an intense pink that you need to be light handed when applying)
Ooh, yes on an intense pink cream lip color (*not* a blush person over here *at all*).  But I'm thinking more of a hot pink if not straight-up fuchsia, and I would definitely *not* be opting for a light hand:  My current favorite lip color is OCC Lip Tar in Anime, and I saw a couple of stila lip products (one was in a gloss tube, but it was a full-coverage paste sort of thing rather than a see-through gloss, and the other was one of their new balms, but, again, not sheer) at Ulta I need to pick up one of these days.  Bright, opaque creams.  Gotta get 'em all.  I love screaming neon hot pink/fuchsia/electric raspberry lips, and the brighter and bolder the better.  A lip color to match the pink of ipsy's bubble mailers?  Gimme!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Feb just seems to be a bad month for Ipsy, given what I've seen/read about last year's Feb bag!  It was my least fave bag, but I didn't hate it. For March, I just want them to go all-out emerald.  Green bag, green eyeliner/shadow, green nail polish... and yeah, a nice pretty blush because we haven't had one yet!
Yes yes yes to emerald! <3

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, yes on an intense pink cream lip color (*not* a blush person over here *at all*).  But I'm thinking more of a hot pink if not straight-up fuchsia, and I would definitely *not* be opting for a light hand:  My current favorite lip color is OCC Lip Tar in Anime, and I saw a couple of stila lip products (one was in a gloss tube, but it was a full-coverage paste sort of thing rather than a see-through gloss, and the other was one of their new balms, but, again, not sheer) at Ulta I need to pick up one of these days.  Bright, opaque creams.  Gotta get 'em all.  I love screaming neon hot pink/fuchsia/electric raspberry lips, and the brighter and bolder the better.  A lip color to match the pink of ipsy's bubble mailers?  Gimme!
Yes please <3 can't have too many pretty bright lip colors!

Quote: Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what do you sub to?????

I have gotten Hot Mama by theBalm, Revolution cheek stick, and theBalm Staniac (which I use for cheeks only) from Birchbox, three full sized blushes from Wantable, one from Glossybox, and one from Starlooks!

So not a huge NUMBER of blushes for me, but a blush lasts me foreeeeever. I am pretty sure I have never in my life hit pan on one. But I still love getting them, so I would be happy to get another.

• deep green polish
Have you tried Starlooks yet? We got the prettiest shiny light green liner and a blush last month, and their lipsticks are wonderful. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love:

A lipstick or stain that is NOT red, hot pink, or dark pink. I love pinks, but I already have a glossybox full of them! I'd love a nude (I have never had a nude lipstick, believe that or not), a pale pink, a purple, or a berry.

A green glittery or shimmery polish. Any glittery polish that is not gold or red, for that matter. Or a duochrome!

Colored eyeliners or shadow pencils...greens or aquas or purples!

A highlighting powder (I have stick and cream ones, but no powder!)

A lip scrub.

Eye primer.

A good eye cream or moisturizer.

A hand cream.

Perfume rollerballs.

and NO SELF TANNERS OR BRONZERS EVER.

On the ELF: was just using it as an example! I would hope they would send something a little bit more expensive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although they sent NYX stuff in the past  and not everyone was disappointed. 

Hmm - a nice deep Emerald bag with coin  clasp and a golden inside!  I like! How very St. Paddy's Day.

I really really hope they do a green eyeliner (like forrest green), I do like the roller ball perfume idea (something like DKNY Delicious - one of my favs).

I also liked the idea of nude color lippie or even a nice berry.  The only blushes I have gotten were The Balm's Hot Mama (BB) and the ones Ipsy sent that on the sheet (which I have yet to really use).

I kind of cringe during the summer months because subs seem to LOVE self tanners and sunscreen which I never need.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm - a nice deep Emerald bag with coin  clasp and a golden inside!  I like! How very St. Paddy's Day.
That would be so cute! Like our own little pot o' gold!  

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On the ELF: was just using it as an example! I would hope they would send something a little bit more expensive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although they sent NYX stuff in the past  and not everyone was disappointed. 

I really really hope they do a green eyeliner (like forrest green), I do like the roller ball perfume idea (something like DKNY Delicious - one of my favs).

I also liked the idea of nude color lippie or even a nice berry.  The only blushes I have gotten were The Balm's Hot Mama (BB) and the ones Ipsy sent that on the sheet (which I have yet to really use).
Huge difference between NYX and Elf. Although I love Elf... I wouldn't want to see it in any sub box. I'd rather spend my $3 and choose my own. I didn't get on the list yet... so I may or may not get March. Still haven't decided if I want to. I have way too many subs for my taste currently and I got a free starbox coming. Love stalking your bags though!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of cringe during the summer months because subs seem to LOVE self tanners and sunscreen which I never need.
you never need sunscreen? You mean you have plenty and don't need any, right? Cuz even if it's not sunny out, the sun's still there and you still need protection from it O.O 

you never need sunscreen? You mean you have plenty and don't need any, right? Cuz even if it's not sunny out, the sun's still there and you still need protection from it O.O 
I am definitely in the "do not need because I have so much" camp lol. I wear it religiously, and I am too scared of running out, I always have a backup. I actually loved the super goop serum bb sent out, but it is just too expensive for how much of it I use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol. I should go work for ipsy. lol. yeahhh I wouldn't want an E.L.F. blush simply because I have so many. lol I have a few of their studio blushes and a few of their baked blushes. theyre alright. I just prefer my wet n' wild mellow wine to any of them.
I most definitely prefer Wet N Wild blushes over ELF. If we don't get any sub blushes this month, I'd say to those of you itching for a new blush to try one of the WNW out. I use the mineral ones (for some reason at Rite Aid they are ALWAYS at the dead bottom of the WNW display near the floor... Like theyre hiding them =P) and they are so pretty. Some are semi shimmery though. They are really buildable and so perfect for day.  They're really fine powder that comes out with a sifter lid, then it has a lid that snaps to cover the little holes, and finally a twist lid to keep everything... For so cheap even the packaging is good. I bought every color almost 2 years ago, so I hope they haven't changed the formula. These are mainly the only blushes I reach for, I just wish they made more colors. 

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am definitely in the "do not need because I have so much" camp lol. I wear it religiously, and I am too scared of running out, I always have a backup. I actually loved the super goop serum bb sent out, but it is just too expensive for how much of it I use
frown.gif
I haven't been wearing much, except for my face, cuz I don't get out of the house much and most of me is covered the whole time, cuz winter. But when I'm in Costa Rica I wear it daily lol I walk around under the sun and it's sunny almost daily, so yeah much needed! lol

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, yes, I have tons of sunscreen! Living in Florida it's a must.

ETA: I'm also on Retin A so I burn easy. My family tells me I'm the palest girl in Florida.LOL I pull a Nicole Kidman and wear straw hats on the beach. It's a good look.
icon_smile.gif

Back