(SPOILERS) IPSY MARCH 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I grew up in a time when girls laid out all day with baby oil and baked in the sun. I'm so pale my granddaughter told me all that was missing for me to be a Twilight Vampire was the glitter and I solved that by buying a mineral blush that was  on clearance,it had me covered in glitter and sparkles accidentally after I brushed it on..I also have the sharp canine teeth, dark hair and I work midnights so I sleep in the day. I have to be careful what I wear for  makeup or I got called Morticia, or goth wanna be .I also like to dress in black which doesn't help Lol. At 47 I do have some skin spots I have to watch from my severe sunburns I use to get every year since a kid. I don't like the chemicals in sun screen, I wear hats, sun glasses mostly.

I hate to say it but I would like to try Wen, I used complain about BB and shampoos.
If I'm not mistaken generally there are two types of sunscreens, Physical, which uses zinc and titanium oxides to block the sun from reaching your skin, and Chemical, which uses a variety of different chemicals to absorb the sun. The chemical ones tend to be more irritating, so you might consider checking the active ingredients on the ones you use.

I personally would really love to see something for the brows. Maybe a brow pen or stencil? My favorite brow filler is Milanis Brow Fix Kit but I'd really love to see what's out there. Also, with spring right around the corner, a nice self tanner would be good to try. 

So, honestly, I doubt March's bag will have a St. Patty's day theme (even though my super duper Irish self would love that!!). I have only been subbed to Ipsy since October, but there have been quite a few important holidays in those few months, and none of the themes of the bags have been holiday related. I feel like maybe they will go for more of a "transition to spring" theme, or something like that. BUT, I really hope they bust out the greens!! It would fit with a spring theme, be great for St. Patty's, and it's the damn color of the year!! I am really, really hoping for either an awesome emerald shadow (something rich and pretty, maybe with a little gold-ish glimmer in it), or an awesome emerald eyeliner. An emerald polish would be great too! I don't want everything in the bag to be green, but at least 1 product with some amazing green color would be fantastic! Also, I may be in the minority here, but if they keep sending us mascaras, what about a colored one? I love Benefit's BadGal Plum, and there are lots of other great colored mascaras.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

True maybe it's not a significant holiday to some, I didn't grow up in a country where St Patrick's day is really celebrated, BUT Emerald is the color of the year, so it would be nice if they send Emerald polish, or eye shadow or liner. And going by " it doesn't suit everybody", well a lot of colors don't suit everybody. I think the only ones that might are neutrals and neutrals are boring...lol
I knew somebody would bust out the "well alot of colors don't suit everybody" but I mean green doesn't suit ALOT of everybody. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I knew somebody would bust out the "well alot of colors don't suit everybody" but I mean green doesn't suit ALOT of everybody. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You're right, there a lot of colors that don't look great on some people. HOWEVER, sometimes maybe if you try something you might be pleasantly surprised. I always thought I looked RIDICULOUS, I mean, clown-like, with red lips, until I found one that actually works well on me (just so happened to be the Hot Mess BAB gloss). And that's the whole point of these services right? To try new things. I NEVER would have bought any sort of red lip anything for myself before, but I'm so glad I got the Hot Mess from Ipsy because I love it! Just keep an open mind.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're right, there a lot of colors that don't look great on some people. HOWEVER, sometimes maybe if you try something you might be pleasantly surprised. I always thought I looked RIDICULOUS, I mean, clown-like, with red lips, until I found one that actually works well on me (just so happened to be the Hot Mess BAB gloss). And that's the whole point of these services right? To try new things. I NEVER would have bought any sort of red lip anything for myself before, but I'm so glad I got the Hot Mess from Ipsy because I love it! Just keep an open mind.
Exactly! I thought I'd look stupid with red lipstick too until I tried it out. Same with blue eyeshadow, I thought I'd look super tacky and apparently I don't, same with green...

Idk, I think I'd rather a green nail polish than eye shadow. or no green at all. lol. there are some things that you just *know* won't go well or won't be worn and for me, green eye shadow would be one of those items. however, I wouldn't mind rocking some emerald nail polish.

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Idk, I think I'd rather a green nail polish than eye shadow. or no green at all. lol. there are some things that you just *know* won't go well or won't be worn and for me, green eye shadow would be one of those items. however, I wouldn't mind rocking some emerald nail polish.
I don't mind either, but that's me. Either way chances are there won't be any green in our Ipsy bag lol and none of the things we would like to see will happen.

I like the fresh picked theme, so if i were making an ideal bag around the theme is would be:

1. Light shimmery champagne cream shadow

2. Black-Brown mascara (an underrated combination)

3. Tinted Moisturizer

4. Cheek/Lip Stain in a natural flush color

5. pastel nail polish

bag would be vintage roses

I didnt think green eye shadow went with me until I got a sage green eye shadow from wet and wild. It turned out to be one of my favorite eye shadows. I think you just have to find the shade that works with you.

I really like a spring themed bag too, but that sounds more to me like an April bag! I atleast hope to see some pastels somehow incorporated into April's bag. It's such a spring-y month.

I really like a spring themed bag too, but that sounds more to me like an April bag! I atleast hope to see some pastels somehow incorporated into April's bag. It's such a spring-y month.
Agreed!  March to me is Green Month.  April is Pastel-and-Mud (hello, Pacific Northwet, and that is not a typo!) Month.  I'm really hoping against an Easter theme because, well, not a Christian, so I don't celebrate Easter aside from the candy.  This is really the time of the year with the best candy.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed!  March to me is Green Month.  April is Pastel-and-Mud (hello, Pacific Northwet, and that is not a typo!) Month.  I'm really hoping against an Easter theme because, well, not a Christian, so I don't celebrate Easter aside from the candy.  This is really the time of the year with the best candy.
Well March is technically the start of spring since the Solstice is on March 20th, so ya know, fresh year, fresh plants, fresh face. 

That was my rationale, green grass isn't exactly condusive to theming a beauty sub around, I actually like when they pick a non-traditional theme for the month, something a little less widely known, because they don't just have the same theme for each month every year. They also *seem* to stay away from religious holidays, which I think it totally appropriate, because there is no way to include every religion of every subscriber, so if they just leave them all out nobody can be offended. 

Hooray for March! I'm a March birthday AND my family on my Mother's side is all Irish (I even have family in Ireland!), so I'm all about this month!
wink.gif
Can't wait to see what Ipsy has in store for us!

I really hope the bag is colorful! Green, Pastel...just more color! Or designs! Or both! 

I'm so anti-pastel, particularly in eye shadow form, but I think it's going to be an inevitable inclusion in a future Ipsy bag. I should make more use of the trading option!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't been wearing much, except for my face, cuz I don't get out of the house much and most of me is covered the whole time, cuz winter. But when I'm in Costa Rica I wear it daily lol I walk around under the sun and it's sunny almost daily, so yeah much needed! lol
I know exactly what you mean! When I go to nicaragua, I HAVE to wear sunscreen! With that crazy sun beating down on your face. Can't begin to tell you the horror stories about getting burned down there! Lets just say skin peeling is involved! I've definately learned my lesson over the years!

I am another person in the "have to wear sunscreen" camp. I just turned 24 and have already had 3 late stage precancerous spots removed from my back and have half a dozen more spots that are concerning. My derm pretty much told me that if I don't wear sunscreen I am guaranteed to have skin cancer... Funny thing though, I NEVER burn. I tan incredibly easy and can get very dark. Go figure. So, bring on the sunscreen!

Back